Type keyword(s) to search

Treason - General Discussion

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

FiFSvdqUcAIy9Rj?format=jpg&name=large

Treason is a Drama Series with all 5 episodes being released at the same time on Netflix on December 26, 2022.

olga-kurylenko-in-treason.jpeg
FiFhP1dXEAELKMm?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Olga Kurylenko as Kara Yerzov, a Russian spy with whom Adam shares a complicated history.
FiFhI6yXgAUYnWC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Charlie Cox as Adam Lawrence, newly appointed head of MI6
FiFhtX-XgAMn8hP?format=jpg&name=medium
Treason_Image_29.jpg

Oona Chaplin as Maddy De Costa, Adam's wife

Samuel Leakey as Callum, Adam's son

FiFhSbCXEAMoAe0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Beau Gadsdon as Ella, Adam's daughter

FiFhvX8WQAAXqa1?format=jpg&name=4096x409
Treason_Image_9.jpg

Ciarán Hinds as Sir Martin Angelis, Adam's boss and mentor.
FiFhxHRXEAEMr05?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Tracy Ifeachor as Dede

Avital Lvova as Irina Belova

Alexandra Guelff as Fran Gore

Brian Law as Dan Tao

Adam James as Patrick Hamilton

Annabel Elizabeth Wood as Joanne Allinson 

• Like 1

Treason        December 26, 2022        Netflix    
Episodes 1-5     Titles and Descriptions 

Spoiler

S01.E01: Episode 1
Treason_Image_3.jpg
Adam Lawrence immediately rises to the top of MI6 after his boss is poisoned. But a surprise meeting forces him to question his whole career.

S01.E02: Episode 2
Treason_S1_E2_00_04_03_20.jpg
With his family in fresh danger, Adam attempts to cut ties to his secret asset. Meanwhile, Maddy and Kara form covert alliances of their own.

S01.E03: Episode 3

In a bid to avoid treason charges, both Adam and Maddy go after Kara. But overheard conversations lead to big doubts about who they can really trust.

S01.E04: Episode 4
Treason_S1_E4_00_28_16_21.jpg
Adam flees London with the children after MI6 revokes his clearance. Before long, their hiding place is discovered — and blood is spilled.

S01.E05: Episode 5

(Season Finale)
Treason_S1_E5_00_13_11_01.jpg

More shocking secrets come to light as an unlikely team works to expose the truth, with lives and the very future of government hanging in the balance.

• Like 2

I enjoyed this show but I did find it to be on the silly side for a spy drama. The head of MI6 has so much security around at all times except whenever they need to meet someone in private or make a sneaky phone call or go out in the middle of the night. And apparently London is the easiest city in the world to get kidnapped in. Spy dramas, I know we want action and intrigue and betrayal and all of that but don't copy the bad parts of 24.

Nice of MI6 to write THE FIVE MEN on the Baku file. I bet this kind of spy stuff would be a lot more difficult if people wrote in code or used nicknames for stuff. Look how far that one guy made it just by having a nickname!

Speaking of difficulty settings, Kara could have avoided this whole thing if she had used a little more poison on Angelis. She kept a stash of super lethal stuff around just in case she needed it. I wonder where she was keeping that? Was it in her backpack as bad guys were tossing her around?

That reminds me, I appreciate how when Adam goes to a sketchy Russian dude's restaurant his response to an offer of food or drink is NO FUCKING THANK YOU.

I liked how Maddy was jealous until she met Kara and then about ten seconds later fell in love with her herself. Don't hug her, she's covered in novichok or some shit.

That CIA lady had a weird accent. Was she a British actor trying to sound American?

Speaking of copying American things, is it me or is this show kind of a British version of The Endgame? Gorgeous Russian lady leads authorities around by the nose to expose corruption at the top. It's not a 1:1 copy but I see a lot of similarities.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This show is already annoying me. Stupid teen daughter who is suddenly scared even though she ran away from her guard. I hate how shows write teen daughters as angsty and stupid just to further the plot.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 2

I'm only 35 minutes into the first ep, but it already has gone down a path I detest: There is absolutely no good reason for Adam not to have called in his colleagues as soon as the first bribe attempt. It wasn't even a difficult call, nothing was at risk except his career. The implied reason? Ego. Either he refused to give up the credit for his past successes, or he thinks he can handle this on his own. This plays into the trope of men having big egos, which varies of course. Once he decided on a path other than doing the right thing, he lost all goodwill from me and I didn't care what happened to him or anyone else. Therefore, no further interest.

I rather enjoyed this even though as mentioned there were a couple of plot points that I thought 'oh really? nope ain't buying that'. Casting was pretty right on, I'll watch anything with Ciaran and the more I see of Charlie Cox the more I like him.    

It helped that it was a limited series and moved along at a fast enough pace that you didn't get hung up on all the implausible plot points.  
I couldn't help but roll my eyes at how often characters strolled around out in the open who were being hunted by all of MI6 and the CIA. 

• Like 1

Nope, tapped out after the 2nd episode. 

Whiney & rebellious teen girl, unbelievably soft-hearted tween brother, stupid guards not seeing a beautiful female Russian spy get off a tiny boat, and wife confiding in her CIA friend about her MI6 husband's work?  

Too many ridiculous plot points.  TROPES GALORE. 

Forget it.  

• Like 5

I stuck it out until the end because I like spy/family dramas and this had a good cast, but it got more ridiculous in each episode--especially: 

On 12/28/2022 at 11:05 PM, dwmarch said:

The head of MI6 has so much security around at all times except whenever they need to meet someone in private or make a sneaky phone call or go out in the middle of the night.

Similarly, his wife can apparently just stroll in to a high-level government meeting with no guard at the door. 

I guess this was filmed during pandemic restrictions, or else they cleared outdoor areas for filming, because it was hard to believe that there were no random pedestrians walking around the scenic London locations where the characters were hanging out or meeting with people. 

I don't think it's necessary to put this in spoilers since there are no separate episode threads, but if you haven't finished the series, don't read the next sentence.

I was surprised that the writers actually killed off the main character, but seeing the way his wife and ex-girlfriend bonded, I was wondering if there would be a second season with the spy adventures of Kara and Maddy (not that I would watch it).

• Like 3

I didn’t get to this until now. My issue was the character Gratz. She looked familiar and I couldn’t put my finger on it. Finally in the last episode (when she was getting more close ups) I realized that she was on the show ER. She played Dr Corday. 
   The distraction might have helped me continue on with this limited series. 

• Like 1