Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Call Me Chrismukkah

• Start Topic

I thought it was hard to watch simply because it was not well written. An ice bar? So stupid, yet she agreed to marry him. The climbing wall scenes were cringe. A lot needs to be done to turn this show around if they plan to be renewed another season. 

• Love 6

Phil not being there to steal scenes and brighten the place up didn't help this clunker of an episode.  Were there any cats?  I didn't see any, only Randi screeching about wanting no cats in the ice bar.  Yes, the ice bar was the stupidest idea ever, especially considering the high cost of energy to keep it from melting.

Kat to the Max?  Uh no.  Zero chemistry couple.  Now Kat is acting like his mommy or harpy wife by making sure Max never has another drink.  That's gonna get old real fast.

Sheila still insulting Kat at every turn.

Randi and Carter getting married is just a big yawn.

The whole episode was cringeworthy.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

So few posts after all this time.  No one is even lining up to criticize it.  Ratings have been falling.  I don't think this bodes well for the show and I don't think Vicki Lawrence is going to be able to save it.  

I feel like this episode was hastily rewritten to take out Phil's parts.  Unfortunately what they put in its place was just bad.  

• Love 3

This was PUC (Pure Unadulterated Crap).  I figured 1st rock climbing scene was at the beginning of the climb and not at the top.  Only surprise is there is a kids version of the climbing wall.  Her being a yenta/harpy about Max's drinking (which appeared out of nowhere in the last episode) was beyond annoying.  Maybe Max is drinking to forget about Kat and her clinginess.  Not sure what they're going for this season, but if it's to drive away viewers, then they have exceeded their wildest dreams..

Edited by Noah Body
  • Love 3

Terrible show. The mother is a nasty bitch and it hurts to look at her thinness. Max & Kat have zero chemistry. The cats are never seen. Terrible acting on Mayim & Cheyenne’s part. Uninteresting plots. Please go away.  
An ice bar is real. I personally don’t see the attraction of sitting in an ice cold environment for enjoyment. Maybe I would run in to look at it! 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 3

I liked this episode, though it hurt that Phil was missing. The cast would have been acutely aware of his absence. I've heard about, though never been to, an ice bar. I wondered how that would be pulled off, indoors in a warmer clime. George Takei's appearance was a nice surprise. Also I liked the brief appearance of Corks and Orcs.

3 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

George Takei's appearance was a nice surprise.

Unfortunately they had to make it raunchy by having him throw the bleeped-out F-bomb.  Was that in George's character's character?  I don't really know because I didn't watch the show he was on.

CMK has been uncharacteristically raunchy all of a sudden the past few episodes.  IMHO it doesn't work for this show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

CMK has been uncharacteristically raunchy all of a sudden the past few episodes.  IMHO it doesn't work for this show.

28 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

If CMK is raunchy, what does that make Flea-Bag?

Characteristically raunchy?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Wasn't George playing himself?

If CMK is raunchy, what does that make Flea-Bag?

Yes GT was playing himself here; I meant the character he played on Star Trek or anything else he was in.

Fleabag was raunchy from the beginning, but CMK has changed in the past few episodes.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

You could really feel the absence of Phil, not having him around and no one bringing him up just made it seem like the show had this big gaping hole in the middle of it. Must have been a rough shoot for the cast, if nothing else I can respect that they were clearly giving it their all. 

Max's drinking problem came totally out of nowhere so I cant say that I am that invested in it, and Kat acting like his nagging mother makes the story even worse. Less of Kat stalking her boyfriend and more cats please? Remember when this show had cats?

The ice bar is one of those ideas that seems cool in concept but basically impossible to actually make work, especially in just a regular bar. Those sort of ice castle places are usually built especially for that purpose, you cant do that in just a normal building. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This show feels like it was written by a 12 year old pretending to be an adult, like the opposite of that whole Riley Weston thing.  Like Maeby on Arrested Development!

Or maybe an AI, or someone like my Mother.

On 12/15/2022 at 8:15 AM, tennisgurl said:

Max's drinking problem came totally out of nowhere so I cant say that I am that invested in it, and Kat acting like his nagging mother makes the story even worse. Less of Kat stalking her boyfriend and more cats please? Remember when this show had cats?

Kat does keep mentioning the cats, and everyone else responds that they hate the cats. I'm sure the lack of cats is more because filming with animals is a pain in the ass. And I agree the drinking problem made no sense; Max is going to continue to basically live in a bar so where are they going with this?

• Like 3

Pain in the ass to film is no excuse!  🤣  The show shouldn't have replaced Miranda's joke shop with a cat cafe if they can't handle it.  This is like doing a Western with no horses.

I'm sick of Randi not liking cats.  At first I liked the character, but she's gotten bossy and screechy.

Having a cat or two in the show adds to the uniqueness but now that's basically gone.

• Like 2
  • Love 1