Type keyword(s) to search

White: The Heist Finale

• Start Topic

Four or five episodes in I decided the only way to redeem the heist aspect would if Hannah was the real mastermind. So the show mostly worked for me but I wish they went all in on that concept and had showed her pulling way more strings. 

Bob and his henchman hunting everyone else out of revenge felt very Tarantino, in a mostly fun way, but did not justify him as a character the others would tolerate in the other 7 episodes. Bob single-handedly was responsible for every problem with the heist and they never justified his presence on the team. 

One thing that really bothered me was that little Hannah knew Graham but somehow didn’t recognize him at all later. I really hoped they would fix the plot hole. She was more interesting than most of the crew and was mostly wasted by the show. 

I really like the premise, even though it initially felt sort of "gimmicky." The closest analogies I have for the non-linearity are the films "Memento" and "Reservoir Dogs," where the characters are named by colors and each character gets a segment in which he tells his version of events.

The actress who played the young Hannah was really good (The older actress was good, too).

I think my favorite episode was "Pink."

Edited by nb360
  • Like 1

Ava could have run over Bob, backed up, and run over him again, and she didn't.  Dammit, Ava!

giphy.gif

Ultimately I am glad Hannah was the real winner in all of this.  However, I am surprised she didn't do something to help her father.  She could have set him up somewhere.  

I love in these kinds of shows when they know the Feds are there but they take time for heart-to-heart chats.  Why did Ava make the call so early?  Why not wait until they were clear?  They had to know the diversion would only last so long. 

If they had the alternate way of flooding the vault, why didn't they just plan on that?  What was the point of having Judy take the risk with the other method? How did Leo get away when he took so much extra time? I am asking for too much logic.  

Oh RJ, we hardly new ya.  RIP minor character. 

• Like 5

Spoiler for anyone who didn't watch White last..

Spoiler

Did you notice that the shirt Roger's son was wearing matched the shirt Ray's shooter was wearing??

How did Ava resist running over Bob?

What was with Ray and Hanna having an in depth conversation while Carlos could have regained consciousness, overheard Hanna's plan and killed them both at any minute?

Edited by Badlands
Spoiler added
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

I have a question for someone with knowledge of the finance than me. Did the plot about using the insurance money to clean the money from the bonds make any sense at all? If the entire point of the bearer bonds is that they didn’t have to be registered why would the money need to be cleaned. Why launder the money you have already laundered? 

Spoiler for anyone who didn't watch White last....

Yes, we see the item in question around 14:30 and 21:40 of the White episode.

Edited by nb360
21 hours ago, Dani said:

I have a question for someone with knowledge of the finance than me. Did the plot about using the insurance money to clean the money from the bonds make any sense at all? If the entire point of the bearer bonds is that they didn’t have to be registered why would the money need to be cleaned. Why launder the money you have already laundered? 

I am not a finance person.  My interpretation: they file insurance claims against the stolen bonds and get their money back without having to worry about the thieves or further security of the bonds themselves.  And since the bonds were unregistered, they could still be cashed in by Hannah? Without fear of reprisal? I think? 

I wasn't surprised about Hannah's plan - I assumed the bonds were in those FedEx boxes as soon as we saw the random FedEx guy carrying boxes out the next morning. I thought Leo/Ray was in on that part of the plan because Bob was a loose cannon and he wanted to ensure everyone got their cut.  The one thing I didn't get about Hannah's plan was she supposedly saved his life by taking the bonds herself, but just assumed anyone on Ray's team wouldn't kill him for not getting their cut.  

I appreciate Stan being a foodie, but otherwise, I really had no idea why he was chosen for the team.  At least everyone else had a clear purpose, but he was as dumb as Bob.  More likable for sure (at least he was loyal to Ray), but just as dumb.   

• Like 1

Okay, I figured Hannah and her sister stole the bonds.  They were working on something with boxes before.  Like they were preparing for something.  

Ah, I was right! She got the money out for the owners.  Made a deal.  I like that.  

On 1/7/2023 at 9:27 AM, Angeleyes said:

Do we think that Roger’s son is the father of Hannah’s baby? 

I wondered, since there was no mention of the father.  He was still in college, though.  I don’t know how old she was.  

Stan was the get-you-anything man.  He sourced all the strange items they needed for the job, from the chemicals for Judy, the bees, the weird wetsuit/bee suit Leo wore, etc.  

Ava definitely should have run over Bob.  She was the one who said he was definitely dead.  She made more mistakes than anybody else.

I will say the do-it-yourself tracheotomy Bob performed on himself was a sick stunt.  But damned if it didn't seem to work.  

I thought that Hannah absolutely recognized Graham/Roger, and that was one of dhe reasons she agreed to work for him.  I don't think she knew at the beginning it would help her father get to him, Despite her saying afterwards she wasn't his "inside man".  And I'm pretty sure she knew he could have saved her mother. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

She made more mistakes than anybody else.

I don’t think anyone could come near Bob in number of mistakes made. Just about everything that went wrong can be traced back to him. I thought Ava was just trying to deal with everyone else’s mistakes. 

15 hours ago, Dani said:

I don’t think anyone could come near Bob in number of mistakes made. Just about everything that went wrong can be traced back to him. I thought Ava was just trying to deal with everyone else’s mistakes. 

But Bob was a known screw up, with a single use that soon became a worthless skill.  Safecracking.  Once his hand was hit, they knew he was only there because Judy was stupidly dependent on him. 

Ava did pull off one good trick, with the woman at the gallery in the long coat, when she saw FBI bitch was there.  But then she let Bob hang in her doorway, allowed Te Te to be seen, allowed her to get snatched.  Not paying attention to the important things. 

Edited by SnapHappy
23 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

But then she let Bob hang in her doorway, allowed Te Te to be seen, allowed her to get snatched.  Not paying attention to the important things. 

I don’t consider those to be Ava’s mistakes because Bob was the catalyst for all of it. If Bob hadn’t been a complete idiot the FBI would have had nothing. He is the one who had to take an easily trackable bracelet for the jewelry robbery. Which he didn’t learn from because he does the exact thing in the heist setting off an alarm. If he hadn’t shown up at Ava’s door the FBI wouldn’t have had a clue what was happening. 

24 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Once his hand was hit, they knew he was only there because Judy was stupidly dependent on him. 

Did they? He was still expected to open the safe so I didn’t get that impression. I thought the writing did an extremely poor job of explaining why Bob was involved at all despite his repeated screwups. 

On 1/7/2023 at 6:27 AM, Angeleyes said:

Do we think that Roger’s son is the father of Hannah’s baby? 

I was thinking another way, and probably missed something along the way. I was wondering if he was the Hannah's brother and that added to the personal stuff between Salas and Ray.

• Useful 1
On 1/3/2023 at 7:05 AM, Dani said:

Since the entire point of the bonds was them being unregistered I have a reeeeeeeeaaaally hard time believing that they were insured. That defeats their entire purpose.

All in all this whole thing didn't make much sense and I'm sorry I wasted my time on it.

On 1/12/2023 at 2:19 PM, Sakura12 said:

The most unbelievable thing in all this is what the hell did Judy see in Bob? 

I mena he was pretty hot. Just dumb as a doorknob.

On 1/10/2023 at 12:26 PM, Dani said:

But then she let Bob hang in her doorway

Right, if she had slammed the door in his face right away, the fbi would have blown it off as a 'wrong number' type of thing.  Was surprised she let him talk to her there for like what, 10 minutes or so?