Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Court on the Street

• Start Topic

When a child goes missing, Haywood encourages Yenko to use his connection to a witness in the race to locate the young boy. Also, Chief Suarez lands in hot water after an arrest goes viral, and Sandeford unexpectedly crosses paths with an ex-girlfriend while on the job.

Airdate: 11/06/2022

Chief Suarez's sister is actually his mother, she certainly doesn't show 80 something years. But I guess if Blue Bloods got away with such casting for a generation CBS thinks they still can.

• Like 4

Can't really remember anything about the show because traumatized by the cold clear lights on Richard Kind's pencilled-in eyebrows and super-black dyed hair against his palpably old white skin.  Who was doing lighting?  Who approved that shot?

• LOL 2
39 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

So do we think Yenko is on the spectrum?

If we define "the spectrum" as being a specific length of the line of the continuum on which we all exist, I'm not sure.
Yenko might be just on the other side of the marker on the continuum where "spectrum" begins (or ends?).

Well, ok.  We had some kind of/sort of "ripped from the headlines" here.   The Suarez storyline was obviously taken from an incident that happened in NYC some months ago.  A Black uniformed cop arrested a Black perp (who was wanted on an attempted murder charge) and a woman who apparently knew the  perp started hitting the cop.  I think that first the cop then shoved her and when she came back for more, he punched her in the face.   Of course this was all on video and then the woman launched a lawsuit against the cop.  The usual suspects got up on the news and started yelling Police Brutality.  I saw the video and  it appeared to me that the woman got what she deserved.   

As for the story about the little boy, there was also something recent in NYC about a child who went missing (can't remember if he was on the spectrum or not) and they found him riding the subway.   Don't know if that was the inspiration of for the boy's story, but as the old saying goes, "There are 8 millions stories in the Naked City".  

And yeah, Suarez Mom - I thought that she must've started having kids when she was 12.  Some people look good for their age, but c'mon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Isaac and Henry for making me cry at the end! 😭

For the first time, I am not annoyed with Capt. Yenko. Love his scenes with Henry, he’s so attentive. I couldn’t do what he did with Henry.

Please don’t tell me that Det. Douchebag is actually flirting with Det. Morales. Nope. Run Morales, run!

Look wise… Chief Suarez, Father Frank and their mom could be siblings.

Hey, another Dexter alum - LLV!

• Love 2

Great episode. Probably the best they've aired so far. But at the same time, there's absolutely no way a motorman for Transit would have any access to a Masepth freight yard. Maybe (almost certainly) they just couldn't get permission to film in Livonia Yard. It's entirely on the el structure and is right in the neighborhood where the show is filmed, just east of the New Lots 3 station. In fact, slow-speed 3 trains shown in this episode were likely Livonia yard moves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I've been enjoying this show. I like how the main character is extremely reserved and controlled yet you still understand what she's feeling. And she does feel. With a large cast, we can see people performing their jobs and interacting with each other without being subjected to foot and car chases and shootouts or deep dives into personal lives.

I'm liking Richard Kind in this role and this episode was a good one for him. 

I was also glad that the "usual suspect" had nothing to do with the crime and that the homeless guy hesitatingly provided a valuable tip. I hope he found housing and kept his dog. 

• Love 3
On 11/10/2022 at 9:53 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

But at the same time, there's absolutely no way a motorman for Transit would have any access to a Masepth freight yard.

(Also, Maspeth is in Queens!) ;-)