Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Full Upright and Locked Position

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Cal/Gabriel gets arrested. If someone says the cops are coming, time to GTFO of the house.  Don't dilly-dally.

Eagen has a calling of dark mist coming out of the water faucet, and hears Adrian calling.

Mick tells Eagen that Angelina's mom is the 828 serial killer, and she is going after anyone thAT helped Angelina.
Eagen: "I helped Angelina-ish.

Angelina's mom, Noelle, chloroforms Angelina.  Mother of the year candidate right there.

Saanvi and Dr. Gupta collaborate on the catatonic 828ers at ALNI.
And of course sapphire is the key.  

Eagen: "And I thought transferring to a cell with a passenger would be better than getting my ass kicked every day. Turns out its more painful.  Stories have endings you know."

And now Ben is getting messages through the beeps from a microwave.  FFS !!

So Ben goes to Radd the musician from early in Season 1 who played the violin -- because the microwave tones sounded like the musical calling they shared.

Omega Sapphires ?  That's the name of my next alt-rock cover band.

Eagen: "Gotta admit, I imagined a slightly more professional operation. This makes me fell like I'm about to get shot into space in a roll of toilet paper."

While working with Radd, Ben keeps repeating "there's something we're missing".  Yeah, better writers.
And then the piano plays by itself to fill in the missing blanks, while the numbers on the music sheet glow according to numbers that form a NYC phone number.  Oh give me a break !!
And that phone number belongs to Dr. Alex Bates, Saanvi's ex.

Eagen undergoes a procedure to enhance his calling to try and find Adrian. But it doesn't seem to work.

Saanvi: "If there is a god at the other end of this frequency, this can't be how she wants to communicate with us".
How does Saanvi know this god is a 'she' ?  Did she dial up the god frequency and ask for pronouns ?

Angelina and Adrian work together to get free -- Angelina gets free first and bails on Adrian, saying that he gets what he deserves.

Somehow Ben, Radd, and Dr. Alex Bates get the Registry officials to release a murder suspect before his DNA sample can be taken.  Can't believe that they bought that story.

Vance, Jared and Nick save Adrian just in time.  But Drea determines that Noelle Meyer, Angelina's mom, is not the 828 serial killer.

And the 828 serial killer is .... Angelina's dad ???  And he impersonates a cop to get access to the Stone house to find the 'demon child' Eden.  
Struggles with Zeke and shoots Zeke in the leg. Olive decks him using a metal box and throws him out a 2nd floor window, killing him.

However Angelina is still on the loose.

Olive is still texting/calling TJ.  And TJ is back from Egypt, with news that the Omega Sapphire is in New York.

Eagen volunteers at the soup kitchen that we saw in his flashbacks -- which just happens to be housed in the Masonic Temple of the Omega Order.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/6/2022 at 11:06 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Saanvi: "If there is a god at the other end of this frequency, this can't be how she wants to communicate with us".
How does Saanvi know this god is a 'she' ?  Did she dial up the god frequency and ask for pronouns ?

Totally enjoying all your other snark, but really?  Did everyone that came before dial up that frequency and came away with “he”?

• Love 4

There were even more characters from the past, which was nice.  Even though I don't remember some of the one-off passengers from Season 1, this would make this show a more enjoyable one for people to binge in the future, since you would have seen them more recently.  Can't believe they got TJ back.  I'm not sure why he was written off in the first place.  Did the actor want to leave?

Whether I remembered them or not, it was still nice to see Ben reconnect with the music guy.  

Of course the Callings are still jerks.  Are we to believe they got Cal sick again so he would have a medical reason to avoid that DNA sample?  How about sending a Calling that leads straight to where Angelina's mom was keeping Adrian prisoner, like most of the Callings this season.  Speaking of which, why not give the Calling to Michaela instead of the self-serving Eagen.  And no Callings to save Violet, Anna or that first guy?  

His selfishness (and Olive and Saanvi being careless with info around him) was annoying, but I have to admit Eagen's lines were pretty funny, especially how he was so concerned that Angelina's mom would come after him for sorta helping Angelina.  He's lucky she didn't stab him in the car when she gave him a ride after demanding money.  

They knew the cops were coming at the beginning, and Ben was still running up and down the stairs packing?  Get outta there and get supplies afterwards, dummy.  Cal could also have made the medical excuse himself when he was in custody.  

Drea acted all sneaky going up to speak to Ben when she was in plain view of the entire office.  Not to mention sitting at someone else's computer wasn't suspicious at all.  And suuuuuure, emptying the recycle bin wouldn't leave a trace on a police computer.  

Dr. Gupta was actually helpful.  Who would have thought.  How did the Major know so much, anyway?  

Meanwhile, Angelina was still evil as ever.  Adrian better have learned his lesson this time.

Well, it seems like Ben likes his children most when they are in mortal danger.  It was nice he finally apologized to Cal.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Camera One said:

Drea acted all sneaky going up to speak to Ben when she was in plain view of the entire office.  Not to mention sitting at someone else's computer wasn't suspicious at all.  And suuuuuure, emptying the recycle bin wouldn't leave a trace on a police computer.  

I really like Drea and am glad she is still on the show - but worst mole ever.  Makes you wonder about the competence of the registry that no one picks up that she is constantly talking to someone who was demoted due to his 828 loyalties and is not even supposed to be in the building, that she was partner to an 828er, and she is hovering whenever a Stone is in the building, not so subtly whispering to them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CCTC said:

not so subtly whispering to them.

I really like Drea too, and it is hilarious when she does this.  

I also find it funny how people have loud conversations around Eden when she's sleeping and they talk about anything and everything in front of her as if she comprehends nothing.  

I was watching one episode a day for Episode 1-5, but yesterday, I ended up binging 3 episodes.   Part of that is I didn't have to go to work, but this latter half of this season also feels more suspenseful. 

• Like 2

TJ gets out of the taxi and says to Olive:

• I only got two questions for you.
    1. Do you wanna go on a sapphire hunt with me?
    2. And can I kiss you?

Okay. 
But I would have preferred:

• I only got two questions for you.
    1. Is it true you just defenestrated a serial killer?
    2. And do you wanna go on a sapphire hunt with me?
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sanvii has lost her mind and her remaining ethical and moral compass -repeating the Major’s experiments thinking she can do it better.  Of course we learned in previous seasons that her compass can be a tad - flexible.

Really not liking this whole sapphire can allow us to generate callings thing. 

With parents like  Angelina’s, she’s never going to be normal.  I forgot until just now that they had Angelina locked up before Michaela found her in the first place.

Edited by mythoughtis
33 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

With parents like  Angelina’s, she’s never going to be normal.  I forgot until just now that they had Angelina locked up before Michaela found her in the first place.

If the show labels Angelina and her parents as schizophrenics, it would be perpetuating every stereotype of the mentally ill heretofore depicted in scifi and horror genres. 
Plus there’s the OTT religiosity. 
But they’re sure making it look like Angelina inherited mental illness. 
Or maybe it will just turn out that the family heirloom china was glazed with the wrong kind of sapphire/cobalt blue or their crystal goblets were.

21 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

If the show labels Angelina and her parents as schizophrenics, it would be perpetuating every stereotype of the mentally ill heretofore depicted in scifi and horror genres. 
Plus there’s the OTT religiosity. 
But they’re sure making it look like Angelina inherited mental illness. 
Or maybe it will just turn out that the family heirloom china was glazed with the wrong kind of sapphire/cobalt blue or their crystal goblets were.

Oh I think it’s the OTT  category.  Wasn’t that their deal when they locked Angelina up before? They thought she was going to Hell  because her beliefs weren’t fanatical like theirs?   I don’t think it’s mental illness other than they’ve become delusional followers of their own cult like beliefs  rather than true followers of any religion.   

Edited by mythoughtis
15 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Oh I think it’s the OTT  category.  Wasn’t that their deal when they locked Angelina up before? They thought she was going to Hell  because her beliefs weren’t fanatical like theirs?   I don’t think it’s mental illness other than they’ve become delusional followers of their own cult like beliefs  rather than true followers of any religion.   

I think they locked Angelina up before because she was a passenger on 828. They thought everyone who came back must have been touched by the devil or something.

IMHO, Noelle, Kenneth, and Angelina suffer from religious psychosis.  

oh Adrian….I want to like you, but how stupid the writers have made you.  You are intelligent enough to have been a broker (prior to 828)), start up,a new church and scam people (aft 828), yet you’re dumb enough to keep trusting Angelina and Eagan

The best character on this show, this year is Olive.  And TJ’s looking mighty fine!

• Like 1