Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Touch-and-Go

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

It's nice to see that whoever is running the callings is still a dick. 
Super vague callings that Ben just knows exactly what they mean -- did he learn nothing from all the previous callings ?

How did Angelina and Eden end up with Anna Ross ?  Did Angelina even meet Anna Ross last season ?
Have Angelina and Eden been holed up at Anna's house for the past 2 years ?

Ben is just so unlikable now.  And some of Josh Dallas' acting was pretty bad.

Cal/Gabriel is starting to 'grow' on me.  :)
It's interesting that Cal/Gabriel was calling-free for nearly 2 years -- I wonder why ?  But now he has his first calling since returned as older Cal.

Good to see Vance is still running things.

What was that experiment in the Shanghai lab ?  Were they trying to replicate the conditions of Flight 828 ?

How exactly did Henry Kim get the black box from Flight 828 ?  Let alone how did the black box pick up the voice of Daly the pilot right before the plane disappeared.  Again.  How long was Henry Kim gone for ?  Months ? Weeks ?  It would have taken several weeks to get to NYC via freighter from Shanghai.

As Saanvi mentioned, if the black box of Flight 828 is back where is the rest of the plane ?  Or when is the rest of the plane ?  And where/when is Daly the pilot ?

Jared gets busted down to beat cop.  He needed to be taken down a peg anyways.

Zeke still has 'the power of empathy' !!

Can't believe they are still sticking with 'the lifeboat'.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 years is a big jump.

Guess not surprised she stayed with Zeke, she can't say "you didn't die as planned, I'm going to leave you." 'But Zeke staying knowing the feelings for Jared?

I thought JD was good and his desperation showed.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Camera One said:

I haven't watched yet since it sort of feels like a chore.  I wonder if once I start, I will feel the need to binge, or if I will feel that one episode at a time will be all that I can take.  

I normally don't binge shows and usually don't watch more than two or three episodes within a week - closer to 1 and 2.   For some reason, I did binge this one and should finish tomorrow.  I think the flow of the show just works for that.  The show still has its flaws, but I think it is better under the Netflix.  I am not sure if there is less network interference, more money, or the writers had to focus knowing there are only 20 episodes, but feel it is tighter.

The new Cal is a good recast.  He captures some of the child actors persona but is old enough to handle the heavy dramatic scenes and comes across as pretty likable.  The flashback scene where he breaks down alone the night of the murder did really seem like he was a little boy trapped in an adult body.

I can see why people might think Dallas was over/bad acting, but is nice to see a male lead of a popcorn action adventure show not be all tough and stoic all the time.  He did seem like he was gutted at times and deep in a depressed stupor at other times and nailed the cold delivery of someone acting like a jerk trying to drive his family away.

General observation - I think Melissa's acting has improved since the first season.

• Like 6

So after accidentally reading some spoilers in a link on Google News, I decided to start watching sooner rather than later.

This show has never been well written, not even in Season 1, but I actually thought this episode was reasonably solid.  I still have zero faith that the showrunner has an actual satisfying conclusion planned, but he does have something in mind, so here's hoping knowing the show's death date will result in less aimless meandering.  This first episode seemed like a decent start.

As much as I hated last season's ending, I think they made good use of the fallout.  I agree the actor who plays Older Cal was well casted.  I can totally imagine him being Cal, and he was also likeable and easy to relate to in this intro episode.  I'm glad they gave a flashback to everyone seeing his older form for the first time.  

I thought Josh Dallas did fine with what he was given.  I hope hobo Ben doesn't last too long, but at least he calmed down a little by the end, and I want to see his journey to getting better.  

I was afraid something would happen to Anna Ross, but it turns out she was harboring that despicable Angelina.  

I totally forgot what was up with Jared and Michaela at the end of last season, so I don't get why they are awkward with each other. 

Zeke's power is pretty cool, though it looks like it may have a toll on him.  He was weirdly touchy feely in his therapy sessions.  All his clients are okay with him touching them?

Is Vance's lab top secret or is it not?  They totally left the parkade entrance completely open when they all ran beside the gurney.  Plus Vance's "Did anyone follow you?".  That wouldn't be surprising considering how erratically Michaela was driving.  There were a few of those idiotic laughable moments, so this show hasn't lost its touch in that department.  Like the opener with everyone covering their face and going "Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!" when that guy started glowing.  Was that supposed to be funny?

I missed what Saanvi said.  Did she say the plane disappeared from Eureka the moment Angelina killed Grace, just like when she killed the Major?  So the 828-ers doing bad bad things results in a punishment of the plane disappearing?  

Edited by Camera One
On 11/10/2022 at 3:58 PM, mythoughtis said:

I don’t understand why Anna would hide Angelina and Eden from Ben for two minutes, let alone for two years.   

Right?!???

And has Zeke tried holding Ben's hand? I suppose Ben doesn't want to stop feeling miserable, and Zeke is respecting Ben's right to be miserable, but . . .

• Like 2
On 11/11/2022 at 6:16 PM, Fireball said:

I like that Michaela and Zeke are still together.  Of course, that means we're probably in store for the whole Michaela only stayed with Zeke because he didn't die, and she is still in love with Jared. 

I don’t know.  She seemed very happy at the beginning in bed and in the kitchen.  Looks like they are raising Olive/Cal right now.

Did Beverly pass away?

My guess regarding Anna is that she’s part of the anti-Stone group of 828ers, hence why she’s helping Crazy Muderess.

Teenage Cal does a good job capturing the essence of young Cal.  And I’m glad we got to see the fallout of him telling Crazy Murderess abt the key.  And Olive’s anger at her brother, which is perfectly normal.

I expected to see Dr. Gupta and and Troy working along side Vance & Saanvi, considering what they witnessed at the end of S3.