Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: All-Out Mystery

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Severide and Kidd investigate an explosion at a jewelry store. Cruz and Chloe take steps to make Javi a permanent part of their family. Gallo, Ritter and Mouch try to bond with Carver.

Airdate: 11/02/2022

Never fear, crime watchers! Ace detective Severide and his trusty sidekick Stella are on the case!

"You, grey-haired man, are the real diamond thief!"

"Grrrr! And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling fire fighters!"

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
9 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Did I see the engine crew actually spray water on a fire, albeit ineffectively?  Stop the presses!

I know. I was so shocked, I had to pause my PVR to make sure I wasn't seeing things, heh. 

20 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Did I see the engine crew actually spray water on a fire, albeit ineffectively?  Stop the presses!

Took him long enough to get that 2-1/2 line in there, though. Plus I don't know if I'd want to be around an actor inside a set with that nozzle wide open, so I'll forgive the ineffectively part.

"Lt. Kidd, please explain to the jury what your credentials are in fire investigation techniques." I can barely accept that Severide would be allowed into an active fire investigation scene on his own, without an actual trained fire investigator from OFI present. Let alone just him and his wife. That was just nucking futz. That whole jewelry store story was just inane on every level.

No need for the extended Javier drama. Cruz is a secondary character to begin with so just put the adoption through off-camera, hoist a round at Molly's, and promote the kid to a semi-regular cast member.

I guess we're supposed to care about Carver's drinking/bar-hopping problems now. Why? He hasn't earned that scrutiny yet as a character in the show.

• Love 2

They ever say anything about the lawsuit in the end?

I assume he dropped the lawsuit once the diamonds were recovered. Or else got himself arrested for illegal diamond smuggling?

I guess we're supposed to care about Carver's drinking/bar-hopping problems now. Why? He hasn't earned that scrutiny yet as a character in the show.

I have no idea where they are going with this and it's not like this show to drag a mystery out for more than one or two episodes. He gets in fights, he gets arrested, he won't tell anyone where he got his burn scar, he has nothing in his locker but deodorant. He may very well turn out to be a serial killer. (If so, Carter? Would you mind taking out Stella before you go? kthksby.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

He gets in fights, he gets arrested, he won't tell anyone where he got his burn scar, he has nothing in his locker but deodorant. He may very well turn out to be a serial killer.

Carver turning out to be a Bad Guy might be kind of interesting. I can see that playing out as really shaking up the house that someone they welcomed and trusted shouldn't have been. Boden has always run place with an 'open door, come on in policy' both for the community and the employees. New folks are pretty much always welcomed. Having multiple characters really question that trust and struggle with how they run their house could be fairly intriguing. 

Disclaimer for the next part: I'm one of the few that likes Stella.

I think it could be particularly interesting for Stella to cope with as Carver's commanding office. She hasn't liked him since the academy and was not happy with Boden bringing him on board. While she's been utterly professional with him, there is definitely a coldness. I think Carver turning out to be a villain in someway might lead to several things, among them Stella questioning herself and her skills (she's still a pretty new office) plus creating conflict between Stella and her mentor (Boden). 

Overall though this episode was pretty bland. I'm all for Stella having career aspirations but Fire Cop doesn't need to be one of them. 

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

He may very well turn out to be a serial killer.

Now that would be an episode!  Carter on the rampage and the entire house has to try and hide, or take him out.  Throw in all the horror movie tropes (except that there aren't any virgins), knock out the power, and we gotta party going on.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I thought Carver might by gay. And Gallo,Ritter and Mouch were going to walk into a gay bar.

Also, Carver is not a good actor.

I was thinking the same thing about the bar but I'd prefer the serial-killer story instead.

One of my least favorite TV tropes is "I've got a secret." Gaaaah. It's lazy writing, but then again this show's been on Cruz-control (see what I did there) for years now in terms of writing. With Haas' departure I'm hoping we may get a breath of fresh air into the writers' room.

On 11/5/2022 at 6:34 AM, MsJamieDornan said:

I thought Carver might by gay. And Gallo,Ritter and Mouch were going to walk into a gay bar.

Also, Carver is not a good actor.

Not gonna lie that crossed my mind as well. He might be gay and might be a love interest for Ritter 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Man, these episodes are just getting so boring. Another investigation episode. Wow, Severide and Stella want to know what the motive is. Want to ask the right questions. You want to talk about liability. Moonlighting on another OFI investigation when you're not actually part of OFI could go wrong in about 100 different ways. There might be money expenses when it comes to constantly doing fires, but the producers really need to find a way to put actual fires and the lives of all firefighters (not just Severide, Kidd, Boden & Brett) as the focus of this show. This show is becoming a joke. 

And in the case of Carver, who gives a damn if he chooses to hang out at a bar other than Molly's? He's his own man. He can go to whichever bar he chooses without any of the other crew. This show makes it seem like everyone at 51 has to do everything together. And that's just not the case at any real firehouse. This is what I'm talking about when I say this show takes this "family" aspect overboard Gallo, Ritter and Mouch should back off. And it's pathetic that Carver finally gave in and decided to hang with them at Molly's.

And in the case of Cruz and Chloe's adoption of Javy, it's quite interesting how the writers only NOW choose to bring up Leon. Didn't even mention him when Chloe gave birth, and it was the whole of 51, and not Leon, who met the baby first. And despite not being mentioned at all since the wedding episode over 2 years ago, he's suddenly been an involved uncle that now might derail the adoption because of his old gang ties. Talk about contrived storytelling.

• Like 1