Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: The Stars at Night

• Start Topic

Air Date: October 27, 2022

In the season finale, the USS Cerritos crew must face having their roles in Starfleet supplanted by Admiral Buenamigo’s new Texas-class automated starships — but not without a fight, as Captain Freeman challenges the admiral to a race to see which ship can complete a follow-up contact mission first.

As stolen from Ex Astris Scientia: List of California-class ships in the episode: Cerritos, Alhambra, San Diego, San Clemente, Sherman Oaks, Vacaville, Burbank, Fresno, Santa Monica, San Jose, Sacramento, Culver City, Anaheim, Riverside, Vallejo, West Covina, Pacific Palisades, Redding, Eureka, Mount Shasta, Inglewood.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

A little Earth-Centric that so many ships are named after Earth cities and starship classes after American States. Starship names such as "Galaxy" and "Constitution" are more generic and universal.

13 hours ago, starri said:

And T'Lyn.  FINALLY.

Where has she been? Another Starship? Atarfleet Academy?

Loved the revael that Picard was funding Petra. Money is still a thing. (Money in Star Trek being a very complcated topic we don't need to get into here)

Edited by marinw
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Saw this too late. What did I miss in the closing credits?

A broken Rutherford visor drifting in space in the Kylla(sp?) System and then getting hit with a green salvage tractor beam.  And then it blinks on and you see an angry Badgey.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

I like the fact they called out the troupe of: "you didn't go bad admiral on me." Only for him to explain why he went bad and why he started way back when. I'm glad they have pointed out most of the Admirals on Star Trek go bad because: they hit a brick wall, get to greedy, they think only THEY can solve things or are basically conservative and want to believe the Federation is perfect. However, throwing out the California Class ships like that. I know it's the late 24th century, but even ending a ship like that doesn't happen over night. Though I do agree, promote everyone and still can keep the "Lower Deck" themes. At this point the Cerritos crew has been saving Starfleet's ass the last couple of seasons. 

• Like 2
On 10/28/2022 at 8:53 AM, marinw said:

A little Earth-Centric that so many ships are named after Earth cities and starship classes after American States. Starship names such as "Galaxy" and "Constitution" are more generic and universal.

One of the bigger fan sites estimated there were at least 10,000 ships in Star Fleet, based off comments made during TNG and the fleets present during the Dominion War. (Some people have too much time on their hands, including me who remembered that!) A score or two of minor ships named after a single American state isn't too outrageous.

The animated battle was beautifully done, but I find that much death and destruction a little jarring when it's in a cartoon. It's still better than the horrible CGI fests some other shows are.

I only started watching this - besides a few clips off Youtube - when the DS9 episode came up. I loved that show and wanted to see what they did with it. I got hooked on LD and binged it. It was a bit disappointing when I found out my first episode was - at the time - the highest rated episode! Definitely a show that improved once it found its footing. I hope they keep up the good stories in S4.

• Like 2
On 10/28/2022 at 8:53 AM, marinw said:

It makes sense, since Starfleet and the Starfleet Academy are in California.

• Like 1

Finished season 3!

Shax finally got to eject the warp core!

I cackled when Freeman said, “This is one of those Brigadoon-type planets.” Same when Kayhson said “Arnock on the night of his joining” as Shax victory-lapped to the warp core.

Buenamigo: When you become an admiral, you hit a wall. LOL. I guess that's true. 

Picard is funding Petra’s archaeological work? That tracks.

The animation on this show is top notch, and this show is a delight!

Edited by wanderingstar
  • Like 3