Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Kicked Outta the Dele Club

• Start Topic

Bob lets Dele get a new haircut and finds himself caught between an irate Abishola and a surprisingly stubborn Dele. Also, Dottie runs into difficulties with the MaxDot board of directors.

Airdate: 10/17/2022

8 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I can't believe they made Christina the janitor. And I thought it was a kick in the pants when they made Douglas a floor worker (although he's seriously excelled in the position.)

It doesn't make sense.  Douglas was never good at upper management. Christina was good at her job but no one listened to her.  That is why she went to the other sock company and did well up to now. For her to be relegated to janitor speaks to the pettiness of yhe group and will further injure her mental state. 

I was hoping when Dottie said "Mommy can fix it" that she was going to get the little tured Jared to confess and record him so that Christina can get her job back.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I can't believe they made Christina the janitor. . . .

24 minutes ago, greekmom said:

It doesn't make sense. . . .

Yeah, I was hoping for something more like:

24 minutes ago, greekmom said:

. . . I was hoping when Dottie said "Mommy can fix it" that she was going to get the little tured Jared to confess and record him so that Christina can get her job back.

Maybe that still will happen? 
Or maybe Christina will go to Abishola and her friends and Kemi will wire Christina. 
Or is that too much of a L&O or CSI-type show scenario?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

Christina is just so OTT. Do not like.  Please,  show, make her at least somewhat realistic 

Was that really Christine Ebersole singing? If so, wow

Yes, she's done Broadway musicals!  Awful episode except for the Dele haircut resolution.  I appreciated that Abishola was able to recognize her own past attempts to break free of her mother's influence.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

Was that really Christine Ebersole singing? If so, wow

Yes, it was.  She's got a gorgeous voice.  She used to do a lot of cabaret-type singing in NYC, don't know if she still does.  She has won two Tony Awards for best actress in a musical.  She's the real deal.

The current storylines are awful.  I don't care to see Goodwin and Kofu behaving like jerks or to see Christina constantly humiliated for no reason.  She was shown to be capable and talented when she worked at MaxDot in the past;  it makes no sense that she is now relegated to janitorial duties.  It is vindictive and petty of the family to force her into it.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 12

Season 4 is so bad so far. Horrible decisions in the writing room. It's a mistake to give Kofo and Goodwin such big roles. Meanwhile, Olu and Tunde are barely included now. It's sad to see this show go down the toilet simply by focusing on the wrong characters and utterly stupid storylines.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

I think Christine Ebersole is a great singer but I dislike when shows do stuff like this. It always comes off as the actor/actress singing, not the character. 

I think they did this once in the first season too, and it had the same effect. 

Christine Ebersole's voice is way to good for this kind of thing——these out-of-nowhere of talent showcase bits never work well in the middle of a scripted show unless it's a guest star playing themselves.
If a main character is going to sing, and the actor has a heavenly voice, then the  character needs to be a professional musician——not the founder of a sock empire.

And then Maribeth Monroe's singing as Christina wasn't really that bad. She should have faked doing it bad like Lucille Ball would have done. Just because Christine Ebersole is so awesome doesn't mean Maribeth Monroe can just sing her best in this role——I mean, unless we are *supposed* to be thinking: Hey. Christine's singing isn't half bad.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Yeah, this season is definitely off.  The owner/owners in a family owned company usually have "veto rights" over any decision made by any hired person that basically reports to them.  Bob is the CEO but he couldn't care less right now although Dottie could have put her foot down.  Them letting Goodwin and Kofu take over the company out from under them is not even realistic let alone entertaining as written.  The whole idea of Christina going to that other company to show her family that she was capable and appreciated for her talents somewhere was a great idea.  Why they had to spoil it by nullifying any progress she made and bringing her right back into that abusive situation is beyond me.  It wasn't like she was a person walking in off the street.  They didn't have to go so far as to make her janitor.  That was a cheap attempt at comedy that is backfiring.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

I can't handle both Dottie and Ebu. I barely today's one awful person, we don't need a backup. 

Have they mentioned Moreniki and/or where she is at? I don't recall seeing her this season. 

I really didn't like the idea of bringing Christina back to MaxDot. The reasons she left (the disrespect and taking blatant credit for her ideas) are still valid, to bad the show cheaped out on the ridiculous "slept with an underling" nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

You know its a bad sign when Christine Ebersole singing was my favorite part of the show. She really does have an amazing voice, I've seen her live and she's incredible.

That being said, its NOT why I watch this show. I think this might be it for me and its a shame

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 10/19/2022 at 10:19 AM, callie lee 29 said:

I can't handle both Dottie and Ebu. I barely tolerate one awful person, we don't need a backup. 

Have they mentioned Moreniki and/or where she is at? I don't recall seeing her this season. 

I really didn't like the idea of bringing Christina back to MaxDot. The reasons she left (the disrespect and taking blatant credit for her ideas) are still valid, to bad the show cheaped out on the ridiculous "slept with an underling" nonsense.

• Love 4