Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9, 19, or 20 (2022/2023) Discussion

• Start Topic

I love how quickly that Irish Drinking Song turned into a total trainwreck XD. 

Also enjoyed Wayne and Jonathon's jump rope song during "Greatest Hits'. And I laughed at Wayne being like, "The music's done..." during the DMX/Yoda duet, LOL. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

I don't know, but I wondered the same thing  based on Jonathon Mangum's suit.  I know I've seen it in other episodes, but then again, why wouldn't he wear it more than once?  

I thought the same thing about Colin’s purple shirt.  At least we get a new show, whenever it was recorded.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My absolute favorite part of the second episode in this season was Colin recuiting Charlie's Angels, and then saying something like "Figure out which one of you is the smart one and come up with a plan." I have no idea why I loved that so much, but I did. Coming in a close second was Wayne going all in on the Stevie Wonder impression. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, LizDC said:

The latest episode was filmed way, way, way before the pandemic - like 2014ish. Padma Lakshmi’s first episode aired August 2014.

I've been wondering about that.  I haven't seen any episodes that look like they could have been filmed since the pandemic kicked in - no masks, no distancing...  My extensive research (aka Wikipedia and IMDB) has been unable to turn up any information about when/whether they're still (or again) making any new shows.

• Useful 1

Are you folks watching these episodes on the CW? My DVR isn't recording anything from a new season or a patched-together season from old material, and it's set to record both new eps and reruns. The improvs you're describing aren't anything we've seen. I'd love to be able to see something I haven't already watched a hundred times.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Are you folks watching these episodes on the CW? My DVR isn't recording anything from a new season or a patched-together season from old material, and it's set to record both new eps and reruns. The improvs you're describing aren't anything we've seen. I'd love to be able to see something I haven't already watched a hundred times.

There have been "new" episodes on CW at 9ET on Fridays for the last couple of weeks, and scheduled for at least a couple more.  And by "new" I'm assuming it means something they've stitched together from previously unaired footage, but still new to us.  There'll be a "new" episode followed by a rerun.  My DVR'ing is purely manual so I need to check online listings.  Titantv.com is what I'm currently using.

Also I was able to see at least one of the new episodes on streaming - I can't remember if it was Hulu or the CW app.  I have both - for the CW app you might need to have cable/provider credentials but I'm not 100% sure at this point.  Worth a try.

• Love 2

Thanks a million, @SoMuchTV! I'll check the online guide to see if the DVR is missing one of those episodes. When I looked on Hulu, they told me if I wanted to watch Whose Line, I needed to subscribe to Disney+ for the nominal fee of $69.99 a month (not a typo). I nearly had a stroke.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Thanks a million, @SoMuchTV! I'll check the online guide to see if the DVR is missing one of those episodes. When I looked on Hulu, they told me if I wanted to watch Whose Line, I needed to subscribe to Disney+ for the nominal fee of $69.99 a month (not a typo). I nearly had a stroke.

Oh, yes, now I'm remembering.  I think to watch on Hulu you need Hulu Live TV (or whatever the exact name is).  That's one of the services that's basically the equivalent of cable or satellite, but for "cord cutters".  Then I went to the CW app and they had it available.  I'm guessing it would be on their website as well but I didn't check.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LizDC said:

The latest episode was filmed way, way, way before the pandemic - like 2014ish. Padma Lakshmi’s first episode aired August 2014.

The copyright date on the episode was 2021, so it's possible it was filmed pre-pandemic, but then the copyright date is based on when it was edited or something else. Personally, I am totally okay with the "new" episodes being mostly special guest free and compilations of material deleted from the original episode. I have not noticed a serious decrease in quality. 

1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

$69.99 per month is not for Disney+. That is for Hulu with the ability to watch certain channels live (Hulu Live), and may include a subscription Disney+ as well. 

For anyone who is having trouble watching it, I was able to watch it via CW app on my Roku. You can also watch it on the CW website. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

$69.99 per month is not for Disney+.

I actually do know that. The subscription listed about half a dozen options, and I was just being lazy mentioning Disney+ alone. The bottom-line price, due on signing up, was something like $57.99, I'm guessing deducting my existing Hulu monthly charge plus tax. At any rate not gonna happen. I think I've found a watchable ep on You-Tube, so I'll go check that out.

Something about the set tonight looked a little different.  The lighting was brighter.  Colin had a different shirt.  Makes me wonder if tonight's episode was post 2020 new.  I didn't notice a huge change in the audience, though.  

• Useful 1

Is tonight’s episode (11/18) new (as in, recorded much more recently)?  Most of the folks look pretty much the same but Gary Anthony Williams looks way different. 

Edited by SoMuchTV

My favorite game is back! I love whenever they get the audience members purses. One of the funniest bits was the one where wayne ended up with something (food, mint, ??) in his mouth and his reaction was priceless. 

Dollar for the collar made me laugh hysterically.

• Love 1
On 11/18/2022 at 9:11 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Is tonight’s episode (11/18) new (as in, recorded much more recently)?  Most of the folks look pretty much the same but Gary Anthony Williams looks way different. 

I assumed it was old material. If it was newish, then GAW has suddenly gained back a whole lot of the weight he lost. I'm hoping they went into the vault for some old stuff.

GAW guested on Home Economics this week. He’s still thin. 

No eps have been produced since the pandemic. That changes next month. 

(another way to check: Danny Breen appearing in the credits as a producer. He passed in 2017.)

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

I loved seeing Wayne Brady completely mess up/ruin hoe-down. His comment about how dirty that episode was made me want to see what happened/what never made it to air. 

That was CLASSIC. "Wayne broke Hoedown!" XD. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The “Kick It” game with Brad and Colin was pretty good - and I don’t know that I’ve seen it previously.  If so, it’s kind of nice that they’re still doing new twists on the format.  Otherwise, good to see them as a duo- I have a lot of fun memories of their live shows.

• Like 2

This was a 2016 taping session that previously yielded the Misty May-Treanor and Cheryl Hines episodes. As such, they’re the only three CW episodes to not include Wayne. I hope he’s okay, lol.   

Hopefully the guy in the audience who ate the burger got to see his big moment seven years later. 

• Useful 2

As a Midwesterner who also lived in a trailer park when I was a kid, I got a really good laugh out of Ryan's "Hey! Do you like tornadoes?" bit in "Scenes from a Hat" :D. 

Also, "chocolate hemispheres" XD. 

So many great moments in tonight's episode. Everything with Wayne in the Tarantino bit in "Hollywood Director" was hysterical, as was that stalking song in "Scenes from a Hat". Loved "Sound Effects", too, for a whole host of reasons XD. 

• Like 1

I love that Wayne went into the audience for dancers during the TA song in Greatest Hits. If I had been the host, I would have awarded each dancer points and brought them back onstage for the end credits as or at least to dance behind the winners. 

• Like 1

That was fantastic. I loved how into it they got, too :D. 

"Let's Make a Date" - you ever wonder sometimes if Colin's sitting there questioning every one of his life choices in those moments XD? Some of those suggestions for characters, man...

• Like 1
On 3/25/2023 at 11:40 PM, Annber03 said:

That was fantastic. I loved how into it they got, too :D. 

"Let's Make a Date" - you ever wonder sometimes if Colin's sitting there questioning every one of his life choices in those moments XD? Some of those suggestions for characters, man...

One of my favorite parts of "Let's Make A Date" is seeing thier reactions after they read the card and in some cases immediately wondering what they got. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

One of my favorite parts of "Let's Make A Date" is seeing thier reactions after they read the card and in some cases immediately wondering what they got. 

I remember there was one episode from the Drew Carey days where Ryan's just sitting there for a few moments after his suggestion flashes on screen, and he eventually goes, "I'm just waiting for everyone to finish reading the novel that is my suggestion..." :p. 

• Like 2

It had never occurred to me that the dating contestants knew each other’s quirks, but there were a couple things in the most recent one that made it obvious that they did. 

Also, shoutout to the regular posters here who wake this thread back up when there’s a new episode, so I know to go check it out. 👍

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

It had never occurred to me that the dating contestants knew each other’s quirks, but there were a couple things in the most recent one that made it obvious that they did. 

I'm pretty sure I've seen the contestants show each other thier cards before. It doesn't matter if the contestants know each other's quirks.  

• Like 1
(edited)

Looks like tonight is a clip show, and the only thing I see changing is Aisha’s  hair. 

and I’m not quite ready ready to start a new thread on this but is anyone watching the following show -“great American joke off”?  I thought it sounded fairly dumb but I didn’t turn it off and it’s funnier than I expected. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Like 1

“We’ve decided to put together a show full of moments that didn’t make it into the original episodes” is pretty hilarious, given the last several years of this program…. So were these clips still from past recording sessions, or the ones they did recently? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Still the old stuff.  There's another ep like this this Friday, then back to full episodes from specific old sessions on the 14th (w/KMKey) and 21st (w/Penn & Teller, who appeared in '15).  No ep details have been released for 4/28 or May.

I am guessing that the 2023 taping episodes might be held back for Fall at this point, with a looming writers' strike threatening to leave some big holes in the sked...but we shall see.

• Useful 2
On 4/5/2023 at 11:01 AM, lambertman said:

Still the old stuff.  There's another ep like this this Friday, then back to full episodes from specific old sessions on the 14th (w/KMKey) and 21st (w/Penn & Teller, who appeared in '15).  No ep details have been released for 4/28 or May.

I am guessing that the 2023 taping episodes might be held back for Fall at this point, with a looming writers' strike threatening to leave some big holes in the sked...but we shall see.

I may be alone on this, but I have been much happier with the episodes that are previously unaired material from earlier seasons and tapings than most of the regular episodes. This may be because there is almost nothing involving the "celebrity" guests. I am happy to watch what they have been doing for as long as they are willing to go through the archive and find material suitable for television. I am in no hurry for them to get back to regular episodes with 2 to 3 games featuring the "celebrity" guest.

• Like 1

The game they played with Penn and Teller, (I think it was called something like Morning Radio Show) was great. It's the perfect way to use celebrity guests who can't do improv, because most of them have done publicity interviews for whatever they regularly do (athletes and actors both have experience being interviewed). They get to sit back and let the crazy happen around them. 

• Like 1