Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: The Center of the Universe

jewel21
  • Start Topic

I love it when Boden is out in action, he was like a machine trying to save that kid. The ending was cute with the fathers and sons. 

I wonder if something is gonna happen with Kidd and Carver. Carver was asking questions about Kidd and Severide's relationship. 

• Love 2

I have to give  props to the show for waiting till the very end to shank Hermann and Mouch (once again!) in their money making deal.  I almost thought they might have it there, but those two couldn't organize a two car parade.  Good for Mouch for that diving catch, though.  That sequence was pretty good.

Can someone refresh my memory - Who is Tracy again, and why is Hermann so protective of her?

Uh, Kidd, as an company officer you do know that it's likely prohibited to work an employee (Carter) after the normal shift hours, right?  You can't just say, oh, you have 12 more hours on your shift, get to work cleaning and repainting (???) the inside of the cabinets.  At least that was in the MOU for my fire department.

That heart attack victim was trussed up like a Thanksgiving turkey.  I'm surprised the hospital let him out in such condition.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, mommalib said:

I wonder if something is gonna happen with Kidd and Carver. Carver was asking questions about Kidd and Severide's relationship. 

They talk to each other like they either want to sleep together or have in the past. It's a very weird dynamic and is not just work problems in my opinion. I don't understand why he called Stella to bail him out of jail. Surely he has other friends. And Stella has nothing better to do at that time of night?  Okay. The whole thing is strange.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

They talk to each other like they either want to sleep together or have in the past. It's a very weird dynamic and is not just work problems in my opinion. I don't understand why he called Stella to bail him out of jail. Surely he has other friends. And Stella has nothing better to do at that time of night?  Okay. The whole thing is strange.

I don't think he called her. As I understood it, he happened to mention Lt. Kidd and for whatever reason Trudy was alerted and she contacted Kidd or told whoever was on duty to contact her.

There would be no bail because charges weren't filed and it appeared there would be no official record of it - obviously it is going to come into play at some point because otherwise it was a very elaborate set up for no purpose.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 2

I don't think he called her. As I understood it, he happened to mention Lt. Kidd and for whatever reason Trudy was alerted and she contacted Kidd or told whoever was on duty to contact her.

It was more manipulative than that - he "happened to mention" Kidd would be mad if he missed his next shift, because he knew Trudy the desk sergeant had Kidd's number on speed dial. 

One thing I noticed that I didn't catch last week - when the building facade fell on Evan he was leaning over the man he saved. The bricks should have knocked him flat on his stomach. But when they dug him up he was lying face up. Not possible. Maybe they turned him over but I didn't see it.

I was sure someone was going to destroy that stein. Nice fake-out there. But I wonder if the previous owner has much of a claim. He mailed it to his old business . . . for tax purposes? What does that even mean? Does he live out of the country or something? There was no note or anything to explain to Herrmann or Mouch why he was mailing it to their bar. And it IS their bar. It was not addressed to him. I think they'd probably get a favorable ruling if the guy tried to sue them.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

It was more manipulative than that - he "happened to mention" Kidd would be mad if he missed his next shift, because he knew Trudy the desk sergeant had Kidd's number on speed dial. 

I thought he said "how was I supposed to know that the sergeant had your number" on speed dial.  He seemed pissed to see Kidd and have her know about it, let alone be the one to bail him out.  He's new, does he even know that Trudy is married to Mouch?  Or who Trudy is?  Maybe I'm wrong, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I thought he said "how was I supposed to know that the sergeant had your number" on speed dial.  He seemed pissed to see Kidd and have her know about it, let alone be the one to bail him out.  He's new, does he even know that Trudy is married to Mouch?  Or who Trudy is?  Maybe I'm wrong, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt

Oh, you may be right. It wasn't good enough to go back and watch again. 😉

Maybe I'm sick but when Violet was telling the guy Evan saved all about him I thought it would be hilarious if he keeled over and died as soon as she started the story.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 10/13/2022 at 1:51 AM, Dowel Jones said:

You can't just say, oh, you have 12 more hours on your shift, get to work cleaning and repainting (???) the inside of the cabinets.

Cleaning I can see, but repainting? Enamel doesn't dry in 30 seconds so was the truck out of service? Might have been damned inconvenient for the bells to go off with the K12, ropes, SCBAs and cribbing on the apparatus floor and the compartments still wet, donchathink? And fleet services would have her boobs for bookends for usurping their jobs.

The beer stein subplot was cringe-worthy. Almost as bad as those awful C-plots with Chet and Johnny in the real firehouse 51 in LACo.

Gallo, for as good as you are on the fireground, get a bottle of Growacet and tell Hermann that you're dating his niece, that you care for her very much--and promise to be good to her. At least Hermann's not his LT so he won't be painting the engine's compartments.

Damn, Violet (and her actor) nailed it again this week. I like her a lot.

I've always been a Stella fan, but she's really pissing me off with how she's treating Carver. Time for the writers to just get to it already.

Boden is still awesome.

Bunch of my wife's friends are into Manga. I'd rather eat my own spleen with fava beans and a nice chianti that hear about it. May we never see Medic NoName again.

The two kids at the end was just so nice.

Boden was the best part of this episode, hands down. The way he jumped into action to save that kid was probably the most realistic thing I've seen on this show in a while. Nice to see his family get some focus, and cool scene at the end.

OMG!!!! Did Gallo actually just say "You won't find a better Lieutenant than Stella Kidd." A person who's been in the job for less than a year is now one of the better lieutenants? In what universe? More bend the knee to Stella Kidd crap. Another reason why I hate her character. She can do no wrong and is constantly deified like she's the greatest ever.

Seriously Gallo, grow the hell up and talk to Hermann man to man that you're seeing his niece. This plot is juvenile. You're a grown-ass man and Tracy is a grown-ass woman. You both like each other and you're both consenting. Dragging this crap out is just exhausting at this point and does nothing for the story.

And these B-plots with the Mouch & Hermann are just getting stupider and stupider. And they happen almost every episode. All the serious plots seem to go to Kidd, Severide, Boden, Brett and lately Violet. That's not balanced at all. It would be refreshing to see Hermann or Mouch get a serious storyline so we can see some range in their characters.

I also must say, that while I do feel for Violet's character, Hawkins' death is another reason why a higher-up and a subordinate don't get together. She's getting a long furlough to deal with the death of Hawkins and that just doesn't make sense. If they were married or engaged, maybe. But they were in prohibited relationship for less than a year. And on the matter of furloughs, this show seems to throw the term around like it's some kind of paid leave (like when Kelly took a four week furlough after Shay died). And in actuality, a furlough is a mandatory, temporary layoff that is unpaid. So by Violet having a long furlough, as Sylvie put it, she is actually being temporarily laid off and not getting any money to sit home and grieve. The correct leave would be bereavement leave.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1