Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Call Me Thor

• Start Topic

Kat (Mayim Bialik) spends the day with Max (Cheyenne Jackson) and his nephew, Thor, and realizes she enjoys being around a baby. Carter (Julian Gant) confesses that he has lied to Randi (Kyla Pratt) about liking scary movies and his decision to watch them is haunting him.

I imagine they had twins playing Carl (Thor). Max was a real jackass when Kat was having trouble setting up the pack and play. He couldn’t have spared just a few minutes to help her? Really cute episode though I didn’t care for the Randi/Carter scary movie subplot. Can’t wait for the Parker Young episodes. 

Edited by nelroy78
  • Love 3

This was a pretty funny episode, but ugh, Kat wants a baby, after never especially liking babies, and definitely never wanting one, after one semi-pleasant afternoon with one? Couldn't we have one or two women on TV shows who just don't want kids, and that's okay? That said, the bab(y)(ies) were cute. Still don't want one tho. 

Phil was also especially cute and funny this ep. I do want a Phil. 

We don't have a Natural History Museum in Louisville. We have several others, including a Science Museum, where I used to work, and a history museum, as well as art museums, but no Natural History. It's not a documentary, I know, but they seem to try to get some cultural things correct for the location, so this was kind of glaring, if you live here. There's also no Fuddrucker's within, like, 8 hours of here (that was referenced the last episode.) But whatever. 

I forgot Parker Young was coming to the show. Kat sure manages to bag some hotties. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, luna1122again said:

This was a pretty funny episode, but ugh, Kat wants a baby, after never especially liking babies, and definitely never wanting one, after one semi-pleasant afternoon with one? Couldn't we have one or two women on TV shows who just don't want kids, and that's okay? That said, the bab(y)(ies) were cute. Still don't want one tho. 

I don't think Kat never wanted a baby.   I just think she wanted to find a partner first.

Am I forgetting an ep where she said that?

15 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

I don't think Kat never wanted a baby.   I just think she wanted to find a partner first.

Am I forgetting an ep where she said that?

Probably not. I was just going by this episode, where she didn't even want to hold the kid at first. I'm probably just projecting. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I didn't get what happened in this episode that would've made her interested in having a baby. Seemed like a pretty bad experience all-around.

The funniest parts of this episode to me were the cat toy in the crib at the end and Phil yawning at how boring Randi and Carter are.

• Love 6

Phil was the MVP (again) this go around.

Kat is now wearing glasses (again -- a la Amy in TBBT) so the look must be permanent on this show now.

Not interested in Kat pursuing motherhood, especially with Max.  I have a feeling that's where they're going though.

No cats in the cafe!  Or dogs visiting!  Major fail that the cafe is running as per Randi's changes.  We want cats!!

• Love 1

The first season (which I realize most of us don't really want to rewatch) had a whole episode devoted to Kat deciding whether or not to have children, because she needed to choose whether to freeze her eggs. I'm pretty sure she came down on the side of, "I'm not sure I want to have children, but I'm not sure I don't want to have children, so better be sure". She did freeze her eggs, so her deciding she wants a baby isn't out of left field.

On another note, it is amusing to see a character who is completely inept at babies being played by a woman who literally wrote a parenting book.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I like Mayim, I like Leslie, and I like Cheyenne. I want so badly to like this show. But Swoozie’s character is so bitter and hateful that she ruins the show for me. I mean, the show is never going to be the pinnacle of entertainment, but it would be so much more enjoyable without her. 
And she seems so much worse this season. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I'm full on horrifed to see relentless emotional abuse played for laughs. 

They got rid of the cats, they amped up the mean mother quotient, and now they're apparently headed for baby fever.

At least they seem to have gotten rid of the horrible negging guy down the street.

• Love 4

This was a pretty fun episode, even if the lack of cats make me sad. Having your main character and their love interest have to take care of a baby together is such an obvious shipper trope, but it was still pretty good, I got some solid laughs. 

Not cats though, which automatically lowers the episodes quality. Little Thor/Carl was a cutie but really lacking in fur and purrs. 

• Love 2