Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Stolen Valor

• Start Topic

Tennant and the NCIS team suspect foul play when they investigate a fatal car crash involving a Navy officer who turns out to be an imposter. Also, Whistler finds herself in danger when she goes undercover to learn the truth behind the accident.

I guess Bam Bam is a thing not a one off substitute since she seems to be forensics in addition to a bomb tech. I wonder how long a Bulgarian cleaning crewed toiled at their craft before coming upon an officer on maternity leave to steal her ID card?

I was very distracted by the bad wig on the pregnant officer.  The actress seemed distracted too, she fiddled with her hair in one scene, and I was afraid she was going to dislodge the whole thing. 

I kind of like Bam Bam, except that she seemed really rude to be taking over a desk in the bullpen and just kind of shrugging when that fact was pointed out.

• Love 2

Very enjoyable episode.  This was a great episode for Whistler.  I enjoyed seeing her in the field.  I liked this actress a lot when she was the lead on "No Tomorrow" with Joshua Sasse.  Whistler has been portrayed as this alternately uptight and insecure person, and this episode really gave her a chance to shine.  She did great in her first undercover op.  And she held her own against a very experienced fighter.

Was the young female (Milka?) the baddie in charge all along?  The way she casually shot the redhead and then just took over made it seem like she was always calling the shots.

3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I was very distracted by the bad wig on the pregnant officer.  The actress seemed distracted too, she fiddled with her hair in one scene, and I was afraid she was going to dislodge the whole thing. 

I kind of like Bam Bam, except that she seemed really rude to be taking over a desk in the bullpen and just kind of shrugging when that fact was pointed out.

I'm assuming that the Lt. Commander Audrey Garrett character was a purposeful shoutout to Lt. Commander Steve McGarrett, because, really, of all the names they could have given this character, why "Garrett"?  Especially if she is a Lt. Commander.  The actress was truly abysmal.  Completely overacted and didn't act like a Lt. Commander at all, she acted like someone who had just enlisted two days ago.  

Yeah what the hell was up with that wig? I was expecting her to be a part of what was going on and was disguising herself or something.

The actress is a real-life blonde, so I have no idea why the hair - the dead copycat could've been cast as a blond or put on a wig since she was in it for 10 seconds. So weird.

Seems to be the episode of bad wigs - since Whistler's 'hair dye' was also a wig and not a good one (though it staying on during the fight scene was impressive). Not sure why not everybody could have just stayed blonde.

I'm so glad we're over 'sad puppy eyes' Whistler and finally got some character building. Good writing and I think the actress appreciated it as well. I also loved Ernie being beaten at his own game by the Doc.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Yes, you know it's bad when you keep looking at someone's wig.  It can't be that hard to find a decent lace front.

Did like Whistler in this epi and glad she got to do more than what she normally does.

I also love it when ever someone can get the best of Ernie.  He means well but that smoothie looked disgusting, lol.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2022 at 10:59 AM, RobertDeSneero said:

Did anyone else feel like Bam Bam was flirting with Boone?

I like the matter of fact, no nonsense character. Not sure whether we’re supposed to view her as somewhat OCD/on the spectrum, or just quirky.  If she’s just out to prove she’s competent and professional, she may have been flirting. But if she’s curious about human behavior that she doesn’t understand, she may simply be curious. Either way, I like her intense eyes and her strange affect. 

• Love 1

I'm a little late, getting caught up.

The part that confused me was that the very pregnant Commander had a non-pregnant double.  I'm not sure how that worked.  I think they said something about her being out on medical leave.  I have not idea how many people she usually interacted with, but it would seem like she would get to know some of them at least.  And they might wonder why she was suddenly back and not pregnant.  Unless I missed something.