Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: We're Expecting You

• Start Topic

Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O'Connell greet 10 singles aboard the luxurious cruise ship where they begin their romantic journey; the singles try to impress potential partners at a talent show.

Air date: 10/5/22

This was just so...underwhelming.  

The two highlights were Isaac and the Regal Princess although I didn't see enough of either one.  I've been on many Princess cruises (taking one next week: New England and Canada) and the cruise director seemed to lack the enthusiasm of most cruise directors.  I wonder if the three crew members (including the captain) had any choice about being featured or were directed to participate by the cruise line.  I hope Princess cruises knows what they are doing as this could damage their image by being so very...boring.

Hopefully CBS will realize their mistake and get all of the original cast onboard by next week as that would probably be the biggest draw to this show (RIP Captain Stubbing [sp]).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh, and bring back the Jack Jones' version of the theme song, I don't need to hear the Jerry/Rebecca version with some off-key notes in it.  Okay, I must be old and grumpy and don't always like people messing with original versions of things.

• Love 3

I don't watch Bachelor in Paradise, but I do read the posts, and this show seems like a sweeter, more light-hearted version of BiP. The rules of RLB seem identical to those of BiP, except there are some competitions and of course the scenery on this show is way superior to the tacky hut resort in Mexico on BiP. Also on RLB, they don't have to be engaged at the end.

I knew Michael (?) would be one of the first gone. Also that tall newcomer guy reminded me of Corey from Big Brother.

Just to add, we're those the only people on that huge boat? Or maybe there was an isolated area used for filming.

• Like 1

I watched.  It is the same type of show as BIP and Love Island and various other dating shows.  You pair up or go home. The setting is just on a cruise ship and they leave the people behind at the port of call.  Most of these shows depend on the casting to whether it is entertaining or not.  I don't remember any of the names.  That might point to the fact I didn't find them that interesting.  I also miss the original theme song.

• Like 1

I lasted about 5 minutes.  Awful.  I don't know what I expected.  I don't like the other dating shows and competition shows (e.g., Survivor), but I didn't realize till I tuned in what the premise was.  My nostalgia for the original Love Boat show drew me in.  Poor Jerry O'Connell can't catch a break.  Other than pulling off the unlikely accomplishment of marrying John Stamos's ex, his career has been a bust. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 3

I was holding out some hope for this show due to nostalgia for the original and the promise of some beautiful scenery as the ship travels to various exotic places.  However, the show itself is kind of boring.  I found myself ducking out of the room to get some chores done after about the first half hour, although I did come back for the final results.

This show isn't goofy enough to match BiP or train-wrecky enough to match the late, great "Looking For Love: Bachelorettes in Alaska" (anyone remember THAT hilarious disaster?)

4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Just to add, we're those the only people on that huge boat? Or maybe there was an isolated area used for filming.

I definitely caught a glimpse of what looked like regular cruise guests a few times. And I would love to hear from them about being on vacation on the set of a reality show. 

• Like 1

This show is the worst. I do watch BIP and yes it’s similar in format but doesn’t hold a candle to other dating shows. It seems forced and campy. I used to really like Jerry O’Connell, but it is hard to watch him in this show. He looks like an aged mannequin and his over the top facial expressions and faked excitement is creepy. BTW, who is styling this show? Both hosts look horrible and there is no coordination in color schemes. Also the contestants are underwhelming. This all just feels awkward. What a shame they have tied themselves to the original show. Yes, the best part was seeing Isaac. 

• Like 3

I half paid attention to this because I love cruising and was a big fan of The Love Boat back in the day, but I expected it to be, er, not good, so I wasn't disappointed. I didn't mind that so far it seemed to be a more G-rated version of BIP (which I also stopped watching when Chris Harrison left) and will probably watch it again, if only to see what happens to Shea Lynn.

I'm guessing this was all shot on turnaround day, which would explain the lack of passengers, but whew, whoever said Rebecca and Jerry need better stylists, you're not kidding! They looked bad in a "didn't want to look but couldn't tear my eyes away" kind of way.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
17 hours ago, Real4real said:

😂😂😂 So klassy . . .Time for you to shove off!  Why did I laugh at that?? 😂😂🙄

She said it with such a sad, straight face too 🤣

• LOL 1