Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Hear All, Trust Nothing

• Start Topic

It was nice to see the Mistress of the Winter Constellations return. You never know when having someone with Orion piracy experience might come in handy.  

Playing the theme to DS9 was just a thing of beauty even though I saw that in the trailer for this season already. All the scenes on Deep Space 9 were great too. 

Meanwhile, it was good to see that Jen and Beckett are still a thing and that Jen likes her in part because she doesn't put up with nonsense and can do what needs to be done regardless of how it might look. Extinguishing the candles and being stunned is far preferable to suffocating due to lack of oxygen especially as all of Jen's friends were panicked. As Huey Lewis put it: "strong, sudden and cruel sometimes, but it might just save your life. That's the power of love."  

In the show's continuing tradition of getting voice acting from Star Trek legends, both Nana Visitor and Armin Shimerman were back as Kira and Quark. 

Edited by DrScottie
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Hi Jennifer.

I am glad that Jennifer continues to be a fun character and a good partner for Mariner.   I thought that her friends were fun and I love the continued idea that women actually do think Boilmer is kinda sexy.  

Loved the Tendi Orion storyline.   The show has been playing with the idea that she is kinda ashamed of being from a race of pirates and now we learn that she from a  full fledged syndicate pirate family. Which Rutherford thinks is kinda cool and likes to hear about.   

Kira and Shaxs talking about who owed who was a fun side gag and so was Boilmer winning at Dabo and trading it all in for a Gift certificate because starfleet doesn’t use money. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, MrWhyt said:

just circle it slowly, pretend you're in awe of the pylons

😂 I was laughing so hard at that one. 

DS9 looks great animated. The ship looked great . The animation on this series is top notch. 
I guess the show ignores the books timeline which had Kira joining Starfleet, and had Ro Laren in charge. Either way it was nice to see the station again. 

We have to meet Tendi family after this. Can you imagine a Starfleet captain acknowledging a pirate syndicate or letting them on board the Cerritos? Rutherford though was strangely weird. He just was not picking up any cues from Tendi. 

im honestly surprised Starfleet didn’t invite a delegation of Ferengi to negotiate  given their own way with merchants etc. 

• Like 1

I've been doing a re-watch of DS9 so this episode just made me smile a lot. It was nice hearing Nana Visitor and Armin Shimerman although I can hear that they've aged. They fell right back into those awesome characters. I would have liked to see the "Junior Reporter" Rutherford wanted to talk to, hard to believe Jake would still be on the station after so many years. Fun episode.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, jah1986 said:

I've been doing a re-watch of DS9 so this episode just made me smile a lot. It was nice hearing Nana Visitor and Armin Shimerman although I can hear that they've aged. They fell right back into those awesome characters. I would have liked to see the "Junior Reporter" Rutherford wanted to talk to, hard to believe Jake would still be on the station after so many years. Fun episode.

How long has it been?  Isn’t this supposed to be just after Nemesis? So 5 or 6 years after the war by now. 

I loved this episode. Rutherford was acting just like I would have. DS9 is my favorite Trek, so this really gave me the feels. I was surprised Kira was back in the Bajoran Militia. And I missed Dr. Bashir and Rom. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ajsnaves said:
3 hours ago, jah1986 said:

How long has it been?  Isn’t this supposed to be just after Nemesis? So 5 or 6 years after the war by now. 

That's about right. This season of Lower Decks is in 2382 now according to Memory Alpha and the Dominion War ended in 2375. DS9 itself ended in 1999 so while it's been 7 years for the characters, 23 years have gone by for the actors. We are approaching the 30th anniversary of the first episode of DS9 in January.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, DrScottie said:

That's about right. This season of Lower Decks is in 2382 now according to Memory Alpha 

The producers of the show have said that their internal chronology is different from Memory Alpha.  The first two seasons and the first half of this current one were in 2380, this is the first in 2381.

• Useful 3
3 hours ago, starri said:

The producers of the show have said that their internal chronology is different from Memory Alpha.  The first two seasons and the first half of this current one were in 2380, this is the first in 2381.

Thanks for the clarification. I was unaware that the two differed.  

• Useful 1

I know there are still some Mariner/Boilmer shippers but I have always felt a sibling vibe between them.  Boilmer insisting that the gang could handle being alone on DS9 when a nervous Mariner wanted to use them as an excuse against spending time with Jennifer’s friends,     And later Mariner being weirded out when  one of Jennifer’s friends said Boilmer was cute.   I actually really love the low key joke this season that girls actually do think he is kinda cute.  Mariner and Boilmer work as low key siblings.  Ragging on each other but ultimately being there when the other needs them.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 3
On 9/30/2022 at 2:31 AM, rtms77 said:

im honestly surprised Starfleet didn’t invite a delegation of Ferengi to negotiate  given their own way with merchants etc. 

Probably because the Ferengi would have taken everything for themselves, and given away DS9!

• LOL 1

I'm finally catching up on this show. This episode is so delightful. I loved DS9, so seeing the station animated, hearing the theme, and seeing Kira and Quark again gave me all the feels. 

When Tendi, Rutherford, and Boimler walked past Bat'leths-R-Us on The Promenade, I about died. 

My favorite exchange of the episode

Mariner: I'm not bossy.

Tendi, Rutherford, and Boimler: LOL!

• Like 4