Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: (Caught Between) the Wrecking Ball and the Butterfly

DanaK
  • Start Topic

09/28/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Supply chain disruptions dramatically impact Med causing Crockett and Kai, a new surgical resident, to clash with other doctors. Maggie reveals something to Ben. Ethan and Archer help a patient with ALS.

Already tired of New Surgical Resident Kai. What do we need him for? The one thing this place does have a steady supply of is smug, judgmental bastards in Ethan and Dean, and often Halstead — and Sam, too, but at least Sam is shown to be consistently good at his job. 

Edited by Sandman
How could I forget Gallstead?
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Already tired of New Surgical Resident Kai. What do we need him for? The one thing this place does have a steady supply of is smug, judgmental bastards in Ethan and Dean, and often Halstead — and Sam, too, but at least Sam is shown to be consistently good at his job. 

Totally hate Kai at this point. Enjoyed the episode 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

So there is one vial of contrast dye in the entire hospital?  Who’s in charge of supply management?

Who would EVER want be a patient there?

It was said it was due to all the covid patients.

• Useful 2
21 minutes ago, dogdays2 said:

I don't see what contrast dye has to do with COVID.  Just another lame excuse to conjure up drama.  

Given all the problems with supply chain issue for real, I appreciated that it was a story point

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I did not appreciate Maggie's husband reaction to the news about her ex. He's never seemed to be the insecure or jealous type. The ex has been showing interest, so she had every reason to tell him that she wasn't interested in reconnecting. I don't understand why her husband didn't talk to her about it instead of stalking off. 

• Like 4
14 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

I don't see what contrast dye has to do with COVID.  Just another lame excuse to conjure up drama.  

Here in NJ, there are umptyzillion privately-run imaging clinics dotting the landscape. Even my small town of 5300 residents even has one. It would not be a big deal to make a few phone calls offering to buy/trade/etc for what's needed until the usual supply chain can be reestablished.  Complete BS storyline.

• Applause 1
On 9/30/2022 at 9:38 AM, dogdays2 said:

Actually, that's a real thing. The hospital near me, which is connected to a medical school, has limited the number of CAT scans due to a shortage of contrast fluid.  I was told I would have to wait for a scan since my situation wasn't an emergency. 

• Like 1

So we traded Dylan for Kai?  And the viewer is the loser.  If Dr. Archer was assigned to me in an ER, I’d demand to be transferred. Especially if I was DNR. Good grief that was an awful thing to do to an ALS patient.  Once again, I do not care about Maggie and her complex family issues, but congrats to the actress on the weight loss, she looks great.  In conclusion, Halstead is still Mr. Know-it-All. He is exhausting. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, limecoke said:

So we traded Dylan for Kai?  And the viewer is the loser.  If Dr. Archer was assigned to me in an ER, I’d demand to be transferred. Especially if I was DNR. Good grief that was an awful thing to do to an ALS patient.  Once again, I do not care about Maggie and her complex family issues, but congrats to the actress on the weight loss, she looks great.  In conclusion, Halstead is still Mr. Know-it-All. He is exhausting. 

Well, the actress, Marlyne Barrett, announced on SM that she has cancer, so life is imitating art now with her (complete with hair loss, weight loss, wigs) like her storyline from a few seasons ago.  Hopefully, she will have in real life the remission she had on the show.

And, yes, Kai is insufferable.  Despise him, when I know the writers want me to hate him, but I am just mad he sucks, not because he's a "villain" to Crockett.  Dylan was actually my favorite character (ignoring his romantic storyline, though).

• Love 3
On 10/10/2022 at 8:10 AM, yourdreamer said:

Well, the actress, Marlyne Barrett, announced on SM that she has cancer, so life is imitating art now with her (complete with hair loss, weight loss, wigs) like her storyline from a few seasons ago.  Hopefully, she will have in real life the remission she had on the show.

Oh my,  I’m so sorry to hear this.  Praying and hoping for a complete recovery.  Cancer is awful, so awful.  

• Love 1