Type keyword(s) to search

S43 Previews and Speculation

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I'm optimistic about this season, I can't say I dislike any of the players (yet) and I hope we don't get that many advantages that will make the game too complicated. I want to see players who are excited to play and win and make big moves, strategize and not only play to get to jury.

I'm torn about my winner pick, I think many people have the potential to do well. I'm between Cody, Ellie, James and Ryan. I like most of the women but I think in tribes of 6 people women tend to be voted out more easily and I hope this won't be the case this time.

Happy Survivor season everyone! :)

• Love 3

Next week:

Looks like Cody is maybe looking for the idol?  Strategy sessions at Vesi and Coco (TH from Karla who mentions the girls alliance, but the guys think she's with them).  And stormy weather at Baka.  I wonder if this is more than Gabler can handle.

1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

Looks like Cody is maybe looking for the idol?  Strategy sessions at Vesi and Coco (TH from Karla who mentions the girls alliance, but the guys think she's with them).  And stormy weather at Baka.  I wonder if this is more than Gabler can handle.

Didn't some of the members of Vesi mention targeting Cody? If they lose the next immunity challenge, he could be in danger. Based on past previews, he's probably safe.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

Didn't some of the members of Vesi mention targeting Cody? If they lose the next immunity challenge, he could be in danger. Based on past previews, he's probably safe.

Considering they only showed a storm at the Baka beach, but scheming at the other two camps, I'm kind of leaning towards one of Coco or Vesi losing.  Could all be a red herring (which means Baka loses and it's a boring boot from there), but I think they were building to something at the other two camps from tonight's episode.  Cody seems like too easy of a target from his tribe, but on the other hand, he will have had extra time to annoy them.  If it got back to Justine and Noelle that he was targeting them this could all turn around on him.  Since he thinks he's so damn smart, he could be getting set up for a blindside of spectacular fashion.

• Love 1

So next week:

Jesse is cocky and willing to sign the divorce papers with Dwight (because what does he need him for).  Dwight tells Noelle he was also blindsided.  

Coco is all kumbaya, but it looks like someone is maybe idol hunting, and the blond girls says something about how close they are until they have to slit each other's throats.

Owen squeals to Gabler that Elie (I assume that's who he's talking about) looked in his bag.  Gabler wants her out.  Which, I get it, but who cares?  They already knew he had an idol, they were just verifying how long it was good for.  That might actually work in Gabler's favor if they are too worried to vote for him.  

Edited by LadyChatts

I'm wondering if the whole kumbaya to the idol hunt and how they were talking on the Coco tribe is a hint that they are the tribe going to tribal council next week? 

I don't know why it showed Elie as the person being talked about looking through Gabler's bag when it was Jeanine that actually looked through it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TVFan1 said:

I'm wondering if the whole kumbaya to the idol hunt and how they were talking on the Coco tribe is a hint that they are the tribe going to tribal council next week? 

I don't know why it showed Elie as the person being talked about looking through Gabler's bag when it was Jeanine that actually looked through it.

It could be misdirection.  Jeanine was the one who was hesitant to go along with voting Morriah off, and she also said tonight that she never liked watching at home and seeing people go through someone else’s belongings to find an idol or advantage.  So all of this could end up in her getting booted.   

This could also be misdirection to get Gabler to feel confident and not play his idol, and then get blindsided out. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

It could be misdirection.  Jeanine was the one who was hesitant to go along with voting Morriah off, and she also said tonight that she never liked watching at home and seeing people go through someone else’s belongings to find an idol or advantage.  So all of this could end up in her getting booted.   

This could also be misdirection to get Gabler to feel confident and not play his idol, and then get blindsided out. 

Definitely wouldn't mind Gabler getting booted.

• Love 2

So next week:

Whoever wins gets to steal something from one of the other two camps (not sure if this is strictly a reward challenge or whoever finishes first in immunity).  

Lindsay has people she wants to get revenge on, and Ryan says something about war.  Noelle talks about being cutthroat.  

4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So next week:

Whoever wins gets to steal something from one of the other two camps (not sure if this is strictly a reward challenge or whoever finishes first in immunity).  

Lindsay has people she wants to get revenge on, and Ryan says something about war.  Noelle talks about being cutthroat.  

Does this mean the winning tribe can steal from both camps or they can only steal from one of the losing ones? 

So next week:

I'm assuming Geo's comment to Cassidy ("you are not on our side") references him being out of the loop at TC.  I can't believe he'd still think he was calling the shots.  Cassidy says revenge is a dish best served cold.  I really don't think she wanted to go along with that vote at TC.

A visit to shipwheel island, and chaos at Baka.  Owen finds something, a shot of Elie I think running and saying 'we are screwed' and Gabler saying the game has changed dramatically.  I'm wondering if it's a Baka TC, and the plan for the guys to vote out the girls goes south for some reason.

2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So next week:

I'm assuming Geo's comment to Cassidy ("you are not on our side") references him being out of the loop at TC.  I can't believe he'd still think he was calling the shots.  Cassidy says revenge is a dish best served cold.  I really don't think she wanted to go along with that vote at TC.

A visit to shipwheel island, and chaos at Baka.  Owen finds something, a shot of Elie I think running and saying 'we are screwed' and Gabler saying the game has changed dramatically.  I'm wondering if it's a Baka TC, and the plan for the guys to vote out the girls goes south for some reason.

Did you catch the members who were attending Shipwheel island next week? It was so fast.

28 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Did you catch the members who were attending Shipwheel island next week? It was so fast.

It looked like Jeanine and Geo, and I know it was Jesse for Vesi.

I'm wondering if Owen finds the idol clue at Baka.  No one has found that idol yet, right?  He may not be as convincing trying to get beads from his fellow tribe members like Cody and Karla were.  But that might explain his comments and maybe the chaos that appears to be ensuing.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

It looked like Jeanine and Geo, and I know it was Jesse for Vesi.

I'm wondering if Owen finds the idol clue at Baka.  No one has found that idol yet, right?  He may not be as convincing trying to get beads from his fellow tribe members like Cody and Karla were.  But that might explain his comments and maybe the chaos that appears to be ensuing.

Nobody found the "Beware Advantage" at Baka, as far as I know. Maybe the reason for the chaos is Jeanine risks her vote and loses her vote. Maybe Owen loses his vote if he can't get all of the beads if he takes the "Beware Advantage"?

• Useful 1

Next week:

Merge time!  Or fake merge if the 'earn the merge' is still in play.  So to count, we've got 4 idols in play (Karla, Jeanine, Cody, and Gabler) and 2 people who can't vote (Jeanine and Jesse).  Oh, and Noelle with her steal a vote.  

Hoping the women can get it together and get rid of some of the men.  This might give Elie, Jeanine, and Noelle some breathing room.

ETA: Oh, and for a tribe tally-Baka has 5, Vesi and Coco each 4.  So pretty even going into the merge.  We also know that Ryan will likely want to flip on his former Coco allies, Baka is a mess because Sami may not see the value of keeping Gabler around now, and Vesi is kind of a mystery as to whether they will stick together or split up.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TVFan1 said:

It seems a little early for a merge already.  Could be a fake merge or someone goes out before the merge actually happens?

I'm guessing maybe fake merge like we saw the last couple of seasons.  Maybe they divide into two tribes so kind of a tribe swap before the merge.

• Useful 2

Next week:

Jesse and Karla talk about Noelle, with Karla saying that Noelle is calling the shots.

Dwight, Jeanine, and Owen are in the water and Dwight says something about "major power hidden under the shelter" with a close up of an advantage.  

Noelle, Jesse, and Ryan are standing together and Noelle says "he found something", so maybe their target found that advantage.  Unless she figured out that Cody has the Vesi idol?  

Gabler refers to himself as "alli-gabler" and said he came up to the surface and is ready to strike.  Please let him be the next one to go.

I wonder why Dwight would tell anybody about an advantage hidden under the shelter. If only he knows about it, why not grab it when nobody's looking? Unless Dwight is telling his alliance about it.

I hope all of this talk about Noelle calling the shots is a misdirect. I don't want her to go. 

Gabler needs to go, he's become unbearable. 

30 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I wonder why Dwight would tell anybody about an advantage hidden under the shelter. If only he knows about it, why not grab it when nobody's looking? Unless Dwight is telling his alliance about it.

I hope all of this talk about Noelle calling the shots is a misdirect. I don't want her to go. 

Gabler needs to go, he's become unbearable. 

Gabler is actually comedic, but I still want him gone.  

I also hope it's misdirect with Noelle.  I'm especially sad that Karla was the one bringing it up to Jesse.  Seriously ladies, get it together!  

I'm wondering if Dwight maybe saw or was told by the person who has the clue and that's how he knows?  And he's just revealing it to others.  The big question is, who?  Assuming that's the case, we can rule out Dwight, Jesse, Ryan, and Owen, as they seemed to be present in conversations when someone talked about this advantage (if that's what Noelle is referring to).  Maybe Gabler, since he's overconfident in the promo, or Cody?  I wonder what it is that could be "major power".

Edited by LadyChatts

Next week:

Okay, so I was wondering who they were talking about in the preview as to the 7-because with 4 Coco and 2 Vesi (Cody and Jesse) that should be 6.  But Sami voted for Dwight, so I guess he's part of that alliance?  Anyway, Jesse and Cody (back with his stupid hat) are cocky about their standing, Sami wants to win but maybe is doing a good job playing both sides?  He voted out Dwight, but is seen talking with Noelle, Owen, and Jeanine in the preview and Noelle said she's with him.  So maybe he's breaking from the other side?  And Owen wants to start an uprising.  Just a lot of scheming.  That will probably be the bulk of the episode next week.

Edited by LadyChatts
16 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

Okay, so I was wondering who they were talking about in the preview as to the 7-because with 4 Coco and 2 Vesi (Cody and Jesse) that should be 6.  But Sami voted for Dwight, so I guess he's part of that alliance?  Anyway, Jesse and Cody (back with his stupid hat) are cocky about their standing, Sami wants to win but maybe is doing a good job playing both sides?  He voted out Dwight, but is seen talking with Noelle, Owen, and Jeanine in the preview and Noelle said she's with him.  So maybe he's breaking from the other side?  And Owen wants to start an uprising.  Just a lot of scheming.  That will probably be the bulk of the episode next week.

I wonder if Sami does break from the other side and causes a shift in numbers or all of this talk amounts to nothing at all.

1 hour ago, TVFan1 said:

I wonder if Sami does break from the other side and causes a shift in numbers or all of this talk amounts to nothing at all.

I wonder if he took the opportunity to vote out Dwight and keep James in, thinking that this will still make James a target at the next vote with his advantage.  So it might spare his Baka people, if he's still with them.

• Useful 2

Next week:

Owen is upset because James lied to him (which, clearly he wasn't the only one, but I'm fine with him directing his rage at James) and is telling this to Sami and Gabler, who are probably trying to do damage control.  We see James with an obnoxious TH that if you break trust with him you go home. 

Noelle is making what I worry is a fatal move and telling Karla she's using her steal a vote because she's ready to make a move.

Two immunity winners, two eliminations.  I wonder if they get split up into groups like the last couple of seasons?  I hope Owen, Noelle, and Gabler are on one side if true.  Get the 7 split onto another tribe so they have to target one of their own.

Cody is also ready to change the game up.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

Owen is upset because James lied to him (which, clearly he wasn't the only one, but I'm fine with him directing his rage at James) and is telling this to Sami and Gabler, who are probably trying to do damage control.  We see James with an obnoxious TH that if you break trust with him you go home. 

Noelle is making what I worry is a fatal move and telling Karla she's using her steal a vote because she's ready to make a move.

Two immunity winners, two eliminations.  I wonder if they get split up into groups like the last couple of seasons?  I hope Owen, Noelle, and Gabler are on one side if true.  Get the 7 split onto another tribe so they have to target one of their own.

Cody is also ready to change the game up.

It's most likely the same as it was the last couple of seasons where they are split into two groups. Having the 7 come after each other would be interesting to see. Here's hoping Owen, Noelle, and Gabler come through the next vote intact.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

It's most likely the same as it was the last couple of seasons where they are split into two groups. Having the 7 come after each other would be interesting to see. Here's hoping Owen, Noelle, and Gabler come through the next vote intact.

Okay, that's what I thought.  So I'm really hoping Owen and Noelle wind up on the same team and have some numbers.  My dream scenario would be some combo of Karla, Sami, James, Ryan, Jesse, and Cody on one tribe together.  Gabler might go where the numbers are so even if he's with Owen and Noelle, he might be too stupid to realize that he shouldn't just go with the majority and see if there's something that can work out to his benefit.  Although after tonight I think he's smart enough to realize that he is on the bottom of the 7 (really not even in the 7) so I'd hope he'd take advantage of an opportunity.  

I wonder where Noelle's convo with Karla comes into play saying she's going to play her steal a vote advantage.  I hope that's pre-challenge because I don't trust Karla to not take that back and share it.  She may tell James, who then may use his KIP advantage.

Edited by LadyChatts

Next week:

Names getting thrown out, talk about getting out the big threats.  Noelle, doesn't trust Sami, Gabler tells Karla that Cody and Jesse are running things, and we do get a shot of Cody and Jesse talking about steering the ship.  Owen mentioned how fast things are moving.  Maybe a chaotic TC next week!

Next week:

Names getting thrown out, talk about getting out the big threats.  Noelle, doesn't trust Sami, Gabler tells Karla that Cody and Jesse are running things, and we do get a shot of Cody and Jesse talking about steering the ship.  Owen mentioned how fast things are moving.  Maybe a chaotic TC next week!

Here's hoping Cody or Jesse get booted next week, but it's probably a misdirect.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TVFan1 said:

Here's hoping Cody or Jesse get booted next week, but it's probably a misdirect.

One thing Jesse has going for him is that no one knows he has Jeanine's idol.  We never saw if he gave Cody's back to him, so he might still have two.  So if Cody were the one blindsided, Jesse might be able to survive two TC (or at least one) if he finds himself on the outs.  If Cody and Jesse discovered there was a plan to oust them then they could both play their idols, but at least those would be out of play going forward.  So Cody could get targeted first if people know he has an idol to get that out of play.  I do think something might be leading to those two being blindsided and not as in charge as they think but I agree next week could just be misdirect in the previews.  I'm actually at a loss who might be on the bottom at this point.  I feel like we didn't see the full extent to Sami and Karla's relationship, but it was weird how he kept looking at her at TC like he was waiting for a signal.

• Like 2
On 11/17/2022 at 12:25 AM, LadyChatts said:

One thing Jesse has going for him is that no one knows he has Jeanine's idol.  We never saw if he gave Cody's back to him, so he might still have two

Chyron stated Jesse still has both idols.

• Useful 3
6 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Chyron stated Jesse still has both idols.

This makes a lot of sense to me, as the people with the other "bead" immunity idols would know that Cody had one as Jeanine innocently talked about the beads he collected for his hat.  So, as long as James was in the game with his KIP it was best for Cody to not have his idol and to have Jesse hold/have it.  What will be interesting is what will happen in this next episode-will Cody ask for it back now that the KIP is gone, will Jesse offer it back, will Jesse arrange for Cody's blindside so that he will then have the 2 idols?

• Love 2

Next week:

Gabler tells Owen he has a plan to get to the final 3, and says in a confessional that he's hiding in plain sight.  Whatever you saw Gabler, but I hope it buys you and Owen a few more days.  The idea of that other 5 being the final 5 isn't something I'm looking forward to.

A boat arrives with something that makes everyone take off scrambling (guessing there must be an advantage somewhere on the beach).

And because no one actually drowned in that challenge last season, I guess they are going to try it again this season in an individual challenge.

Next week:

Gabler tells Owen he has a plan to get to the final 3, and says in a confessional that he's hiding in plain sight.  Whatever you saw Gabler, but I hope it buys you and Owen a few more days.  The idea of that other 5 being the final 5 isn't something I'm looking forward to.

A boat arrives with something that makes everyone take off scrambling (guessing there must be an advantage somewhere on the beach).

And because no one actually drowned in that challenge last season, I guess they are going to try it again this season in an individual challenge.

Betting Gabler's plan goes awry, and he or Owen is voted out next. The way this season is going, it's probably safe to assume.

30 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

Betting Gabler's plan goes awry, and he or Owen is voted out next. The way this season is going, it's probably safe to assume.

I'm thinking Gabler,too,  just because he seems to feel more secure in his position than he probably should be.  He was grouped tonight as riding the middle with Jesse and Cody, but I think it's more Cody and Jesse with Gabler on the outside.  Owen really has no one, though, and was on the outs tonight again in voting (unless he didn't want Noelle to go out in a complete landslide).  I feel like it's Jesse/Cody, Karla/Sami, Karla/Cassidy, and then just Owen and Gabler. 

I'm curious what it is about the "boatmail" that has everyone scrambling.  

ETA: okay I went back and looked at the votes and saw that Sami voted for Karla, too, and Noelle voted for Sami..  Maybe he isn't as close with Karla?  Now I'm really confused whose aligned with who lol  

Edited by LadyChatts
24 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm thinking Gabler,too,  just because he seems to feel more secure in his position than he probably should be.  He was grouped tonight as riding the middle with Jesse and Cody, but I think it's more Cody and Jesse with Gabler on the outside.  Owen really has no one, though, and was on the outs tonight again in voting (unless he didn't want Noelle to go out in a complete landslide).  I feel like it's Jesse/Cody, Karla/Sami, Karla/Cassidy, and then just Owen and Gabler. 

I'm curious what it is about the "boatmail" that has everyone scrambling.  

ETA: okay I went back and looked at the votes and saw that Sami voted for Karla, too, and Noelle voted for Sami..  Maybe he isn't as close with Karla?  Now I'm really confused whose aligned with who lol  

I'm thinking the "boatmail" might be an advantage in getting to skip part of the next immunity challenge. I don't know why that would be in this upcoming episode, though.

On 11/23/2022 at 10:08 PM, TVFan1 said:

Betting Gabler's plan goes awry, and he or Owen is voted out next.

On Reddit, I saw a theory that says the opposite, or at least not Gabler.  Said theory has Gabler in the finals. Based on how much relevance Elie was given before her boot and her final words as her torch was snuffed. 

(There's also a theory that the boatmail scramble leads to a Nullifier, but there's no evidence of that.  I think it's more likely to be a 3rd KIP, to get one of the idols finally played.)

• Like 1

Next week:

Cody wants to go to the final 4 with Karla, and we get a TH of Karla saying it's crazy how quick people are to turn on their alliances (so does this mean Cody is going to turn on Jesse?)

Jesse tells Cassidy that Karla was going to write her name down, and we get a TH of Cassidy saying she's coming for Karla (sure, whatever).

Owen is willing to write Gabler's name down.  So I'm guessing a lot of throwing names around and strategizing next week.

Three idols are still in play, so maybe it'll be a boring vote or something exciting might happen.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

Cody wants to go to the final 4 with Karla, and we get a TH of Karla saying it's crazy how quick people are to turn on their alliances (so does this mean Cody is going to turn on Jesse?)

Jesse tells Cassidy that Karla was going to write her name down, and we get a TH of Cassidy saying she's coming for Karla (sure, whatever).

Owen is willing to write Gabler's name down.  So I'm guessing a lot of throwing names around and strategizing next week.

Three idols are still in play, so maybe it'll be a boring vote or something exciting might happen.

Cody could be lying to Karla about going to the Final 4 with her just to blindside her somehow. Would her idol come back in the Final 5?

• Love 1
On 11/30/2022 at 8:01 PM, LadyChatts said:

Next week:

Is Karla the only one who still has an idol?

On 12/1/2022 at 12:44 PM, TVFan1 said:

Cody could be lying to Karla about going to the Final 4 with her just to blindside her somehow. Would her idol come back in the Final 5?

So there's a couple of sneak peeks up that I don't think make Karla look that great.  I am wondering if the plan will be to blindside her after all.  At the very least, I think she'll be a strong red herring to go.  I think her idol would come back into play, as the final 5 would be the last time to use it.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, violet and green said:

Cody and Jesse both have idols. Cody did give his to Jesse to mind, weeks back when James had the Knowledge is Power advantage; I hope he's got it back now.

As far as we know, Jesse has both still.  Ever since the post-Dwight reveal, the chyrons in the lower third have been consistent in saying Jesse has Two idols.

However, said reveal also tells us that the show can and will hide information about things like this, so it is possible that they're holding the information about the pass back for a "dramatic" moment.

So the red idol is in a quantum pocket.  Could be Jesse's, could be Cody's.

• Love 2

Next week: finale!

Karla and Cassidy arguing?  Karla says "she's gonna tell."

Owen is furious.

Gabler has an envelope with his name on it and it says (I'm putting this in spoiler tags just in case but it was visible in the preview)

Spoiler

secret advantage clue

32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gabler getting an advantage in the finale is hilarious to me. I'm hoping for a miracle F3 of Gabler/Owen/Cassidy with Cassidy winning but either of Gabler or Owen winning is funny so I'd take that, too.

Neither of these 3 have gotten enough editing attention - camera time to be the winner.