Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Winter Wear

GaT
  • Start Topic

For their next assignment, the designers must create two winter outerwear looks that represent their brand. One designer will win, and one will be left out in the cold.

Edited by GaT

It was so time for Gabby to go. I have hated everything she's done. Those man corsets are just plain ugly.

I wasn't *really* worried about my fav, Curtis (though his stuff really was boring). I think they just wanted to scare him. And they wanted to prove that whole "have you changed your mind" thing is authentic. But I haven't changed my mind, that it isn't authentic.

And "fashion must be urgent" made a reappearance. Yuk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Curtis really fell off, but I'm glad they are giving him another chance. I hate how they want the designers to dance and grovel before them. Like we are supposed to believe that any of the judges are "changing their mind" spontaneously in the moment. It only serves to humiliate the designers. And it's not like they say anything interesting or informative whilst fighting for their life, it's always: "I have so much more to show you!" "Let me show you what I can do!" "I won't let you down again!" "I want to be here!" 

Yannik's runway look seemed like someone poured glue on themself and rolled around in their bedding. I knew the judges would love it! Not my cup of tea, but he seems like a nice guy ~and a dead ringer for the Winter Warlock! At least I can appreciate most of the fashions this season, which is a step up from last season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I can't believe Yannick won.  It definitely looked like a blanket!

So nobody has anything to say about the clown outfits the judges wore?  Really?

Heidi doesn't like Curtis.  This makes me sad.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, NYGirl said:

Needless to say, those outfits looked like suits a clown would wear to entertain children with bright colors and funny shapes. They were hideous, as is everything Jeremy Scott has worn. Sorry, but the clown suits were not "urgent." I cannot believe this is the designer they chose to judge the competition. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, NYGirl said:

I can't believe Yannick won.  It definitely looked like a blanket!

It did look like a blanket, and he *was* in the top, but he didn't win. Jeanette did, with her gold goddess thing with the crowns. 

• Love 3

Zip ties spray painted and turned into a Statue of Liberty crown is now high fashion.  I'm gobsmacked.  Going from dead last to first happens, but I wasn't that impressed with Jeannette. She is just so.....so, so.  

Yannick is trying incredibly hard to be that quirky, oh-so-intriguing personality that people grovel over.  He's really not that.  And I hate his looks.  He's going to get pissy if people don't kiss his ass enough.  

Poor Curtis.  He dodged the bullet, because I agree that Heidi does not like him.  Probably because he's not making dresses that are her holy trinity: Short, tight & sparkly.  

And it does seem that "Urgent" is the new buzzword.  I'd really like to ask Nina Garcia's opinion on that.  I wonder if Tim or Heidi keep in touch with her? 

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Love 5

The fabric that Jeanette picked was gorgeous. They are selling her coat in both gold and silver, and the gold is stunning. 

Markantoine needs to get over himself. It's great to have confidence, but he is leaning towards being a jerk. He has already decided that people won't get what he's doing, so he needs to decide whether he should make his clothes more accessible. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Zip ties spray painted and turned into a Statue of Liberty crown is now high fashion.  I'm gobsmacked.  Going from dead last to first happens, but I wasn't that impressed with Jeannette. She is just so.....so, so.  

Yannick is trying incredibly hard to be that quirky, oh-so-intriguing personality that people grovel over.  He's really not that.  And I hate his looks.  He's going to get pissy if people don't kiss his ass enough.  

Poor Curtis.  He dodged the bullet, because I agree that Heidi does not like him.  Probably because he's not making dresses that are her holy trinity: Short, tight & sparkly.  

And it does seem that "Urgent" is the new buzzword.  I'd really like to ask Nina Garcia's opinion on that.  I wonder if Tim or Heidi keep in touch with her? 

She wanted her models to look like goddesses, but the crowns really isn't the outfit that she designed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

How are we supposed to take this show seriously with Jeremy Scott as a judge? He's like someone out of "Zoolander." Poor Nicole having to wear that horrific outfit that presumably he designed. (Weren't the clothes from his line?) It's like we were being punked. And he's a caricature of the snooty, pissy fashion "expert."

At least Heidi has calmed down from her manic first season.

But the ridiculous time limits continue to irk. I want to see beautiful design - supposedly the designers are very talented - but instead we never see what they can really do.

Tim does this for the paycheck and the continued exposure. I'd give my vintage Norma Kamali dress to know what he really thinks about some of the crap that this show shoves out.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Tim does this for the paycheck and the continued exposure. 

Well, this is the only time you ever see him, if this goes away, that's it. I just happened to look up as the credits were rolling, & was surprised to see one of the production companies was Tim Gunn Productions, I didn't know he had a production company, I wonder if he's involved in anything else?. The other one I saw was Hello Sunshine, which is Reese Witherspoon's, so I was surprised by that too. I didn't see one for Heidi, unless I missed it, does anyone know if she even has a production company?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

We were discussing the stupid use of "urgent" for fashion. Today I was listening to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on NPR, and in the credits at the end it says it is from Urgent Haircut Productions. That's a hilarious name, as haircuts are rarely urgent (though I will say that in the summer of 2021, I did feel rather that way when I got my first haircut in a year and a half!)

7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

How are we supposed to take this show seriously with Jeremy Scott as a judge? He's like someone out of "Zoolander." Poor Nicole having to wear that horrific outfit that presumably he designed. (Weren't the clothes from his line?) It's like we were being punked. And he's a caricature of the snooty, pissy fashion "expert."

He desperately wants to be Michael Kors 2.0.   Nobody on the planet can out-Michael MK, and his legendary run on PR.  I'll just leave this here, because I absolutely adore watching it....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Youtube+michael+kors+project+runway&view=detail&mid=6910D5109FBB2E63FE6C6910D5109FBB2E63FE6C&FORM=VIRE

If you can make it further than 1:20 without cracking up, you just don't get it.....*LOL*

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 8/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, NYGirl said:

I'm kinda speechless about them.  "Hey, let's all wear matching awful clown outfits!"  At judging, Heidi even points out that they're wearing matching outfits but there's no explanation.  I doubt it was a coincidence. 

I liked Rafael's the best though it reminded me of his winning design from last week.  Jeannette's was nice and Yannik's was interesting.   Not surprised that Gabriella was sent home and Georgia can't do the gold dress again.

I liked Curtis's accessible design.   Where's the urgency, Curtis?  See, I worked it in!    Also, shut up, Heidi and thank you, Nicole.

2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

f you can make it further than 1:20 without cracking up, you just don't get it.....*LOL*

I was cracking up not just a MK but at some of those designs WOW, LOL.  Ah, vintage PR. 

10 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

supposedly the designers are very talented - but instead we never see what they can really do.

When they show clothes from the designers' stores and/or look books, I'm impressed, thinking "where are these types of things" and then remember that they had lots of times to create those outfits.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, raven said:

I was cracking up not just a MK but at some of those designs WOW, LOL.  Ah, vintage PR. 

I know, it's also an amazing "Who's Who" of the most notable PR designers ever.....Vosovic, Siriano, Scarlett, Costello, etc....Even the best designers turned out some crappy designs, though usually when they had to work in teams or groups!

• Like 1

That video link to the best of Michael Kors was hilarious!  Thank you so much for the link and the memories.  On a side note, I hardly recognized Heidi at first as her face has changed so much (she has a great plastic surgeon, no shade on the work).  Those were the days of honest judging.  Also hilarious was that many of Michael's critiques were aimed at the same looks that Heidi loves (short, slutty, and tight...).

• Love 3

Yes, the clothes the judges wore are from Moschino, Jeremy Scott's line.  However, I'm surprised they all wore them at the same time.  Isn't it a fashion faux pas to wear the same thing as someone else?  They are not part of the runway show, so I don't get it.

Speaking of not getting it:  Yannik's blanket fashion.  

• Love 1