Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Bloody Mary

• Start Topic

Not too bad, at least it had a story and a plot you could follow. Better than the first 3 episodes put together.

Weird, from the first scene, I though all of the girls were in the 1970's based on the way they were dressed and the cars that were shown. I was confused when that one girl mentioned posting a nude on the internet.

Strange that Elise owned that giant truck when she was still in high school and often didn't have food to eat.

I am surprised that Bloody Mary would want to be out in the real world after seeing how shallow people's wishes are. Maybe Bloody Mary just wanted to be free of being Bloody Mary.

FXkF7GoWAAIhVo5?format=jpg&name=medium
Dominique Jackson as Bloody Mary
FXkF7GoX0AII5ZS?format=jpg&name=medium
Quvenzhané Wallis as Bianca
Raven Scott as Elise
Kyla Drew as Maggie
Kyanna Simone as Lena Lawrence
Maggie Carney as Margaret Worth
Troy Barnes as David
Marsha Henry as Robin
Angela Forbes as  Candace
Angelique Ayoade as Kristen
JJ Batteast as River 
James Coker as Mr. Miller
Celestial as Nia
Carol Jefferson as Lena's Mom
William Lee Houston as Lena's Dad

• Love 3

I knew as soon as the one girl did not tell the others what Bloody Mary asked her to do, it was going to have to be kill her sister. 

I zoned at the end, so I may have missed something and rewatching does not sound appealing. The original Bloody Mary was in the mirror because she killed an innocent (or at least I believe that was the explanation). Then she gets out and Bianca is now stuck in the mirror. But Bianca (and I am only 40 percent sure that was her name) didn't kill any innocents. She killed her older sister (no idea on her name), but only in self defense. So . . . why did Bianca wind up in the mirror? Also, if original Bloody Mary was in the mirror for killing an innocent, how did killing three other innocents free her? I probably should stop looking for meaning in this show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This was pretty good, and Dominique Jackson from Pose is a perfect Queen (Bloody) Mary.  Her backstory definitely is in keeping with the world of Coven, too; one would imagine that she and Marie Leveau at least knew of each other.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Faceplant said:

So . . . why did Bianca wind up in the mirror?

I think it had something to do with the way she worded / the nature of her request to Bloody Mary. I think want she wanted was knowledge, to know things, and being the next Bloody Mary would allow her to do that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

This was the best of the lot. I saw a spoiler, by checking this thread earlier, but wow, I wasn’t expecting her to actually kill her sister, and her friends. I wanted to see them all survive, but this is AHS, so I don’t know what I was thinking.  

• Love 2

This was significantly better than the rest of the episodes, it actually did manage to be creepy and the performances were all good. Dominique Jackson is a perfect Bloody Mary. They actually did manage to surprise me that the older sister was killing everyone, really adds a sinister tone to the previous scenes where she was convincing the other girls not to break bad. This was a pretty decent spin on the Bloody Mary story, with her also being a sort of dark wish granter who gives tests of character. 

I guess Bianca did sort of get her wish, she gets access to great amounts of knowledge and she will never be just another person on the street now. So I think that Bloody Mary had to have an innocent person to switch with to be Bloody Mary, and Bianca proved her innocence and this also granted her wish. A little wonky, but considering this was the best episode by far, I'm not going to overthink it. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't into the episode. Most of the dialogue and performances were terrible. I know this is a RM show but good lord with the dialogue at times. The only one who was any good was the actress playing the older sister. 

The stupid twist you could see coming a mile away. As soon as she didn't say what Bloody Mary asked her to do it was obvious where the story was headed. 

Also, the whole thing with the girl being obsessed with going to Yale--she has perfect grades, presumably great SATs and extracurriculars--she might not get into Yale but she's going to get into a good school. The guidance counselor sucked at his job. 

Another thing that was weird--the older sister indicated that the other two girls were her friends and that the younger sister was being a buzzkill by tagging along. Then we realize that the older sister isn't in high school but she's still friends with the others? They give a couple of lines about how the older sister helped raise the younger sister but she acts like she's only two or three years older. Why did she not go to college if she's so focused on being rich and successful? Why is she spending her time getting drunk with high school students? 

For me the only episode that worked for me so far this season was the Spaulding origin story. Everything else has ranged from okay to terrible with Milk Maids being hands down the worst shit I've ever seen from RM and his team.

This episode was probably the second best out of the entire season (IMO) but that isn't saying much.

• Love 3