Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Missing My Baby

• Start Topic

With missing friends and mysteries abound, Liz returns to fringe science, but in working alongside her new mentor, she’s confronted with an unsettling revelation and a difficult choice. Meanwhile, Maria uncovers the truth behind the “messages” she’s been receiving. Elsewhere, the bond between brothers is tested when Max keeps an explosive secret from Michael, putting them at odds during a critical moment. Lastly, Isobel tries to pull answers out of Tezca, only to discover that the villain in her story is not as clear-cut as she may seem.

Airdate: 08/01/2022

• Useful 2

@shapeshifter, I don't think you are missing much.

No Kyle.  Isn't this the second episode in a row he's been off screen?  

Other thoughts:
1) why is michael wearing that rag around his hand?  Everyone knows he's an alien, it's not like he needs to hide anything.

2) I disapprove of Michael's mustache.  It looks like he has a caterpillar resting on his face.  Someone needs to shave him down to his babyface and start over with his facial hair.

3) The lack of sustained conflict is embarrassing- everyone is instantly redeemed/forgiven within two episodes, max.  The actors/directors appear to be hamstrung by the showrunner/network execs.

4) When did Jones decide that Liz is the Important One?  Before she was born?  Or did Jones summon the dark triad from Oasis last season? 

5) Huffing Pod Dust....seriously?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Shivani is so damn annoying. And is eating the show.  I literally dont care for her and or her dead daughter.  Liz was dumb to trust her. What happened to Shiri? I would much rather see her than this random. 

Alex is still gone but thankfully people know now.  I really dont understand what is going on BTS with Tyler this season. Was he just unavailable or something. 6 eps now.

Michael punching Max was great. Too bad he took it back. More people should be allowed to be mad at him. 

Liz and Max continue to be the worst.

Only enjoyable bits were Michael and seeing more Rosa.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Glad Rosa is back.  And I was excited for Maria to get a new power. It's sucked watching her struggle all season with feeling she lost parts of herself. 

Michael was actually tolerable this episode. And, yay to punching Max.  Yes, he took it back.  But it happened and it was fun. 

But FUUUUUUCK! I didn't hallucinate a few episodes back.  Liz is another "the One"/savior/doomsday weapon. I honestly don't know. I mean, we're supposed to think any plan Jones had was the WORST, right? So maybe Liz and Max are some kind of catalysts for destruction when together. I would laugh at the idea of them being together being the thing that ignites disaster if I didn't think it would just be more bullshit angst fodder. 

Hoorah for them being on the trail to finding Alex (and Dallas and Bonnie most likely). I did not expect that he would be gone for over half the season. Good God.

Also, where the fuck is Kyle?! There are only a handful of episodes left and each one without him is wasted airtime in my opinion. Also, I need Kyle and Isobel to get their relationship on the tracks. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

For whatever reason, the CW app on Roku gave me the episode "free on demand" the day after. 

The Isabel-Tezca-past revelation was interesting. 

I'm confused about why Earth Max is a good guy while Jones of planet Oasis is his evil twin.
Maybe that will be the final revelation? 
Or was this already explained?

This is the last season, right?

So Liz is going to be super duper smart when she wakes up, right?

Edited by shapeshifter
11 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, but I'm unclear on whether or not they go a heads up that that was a possibility or not. I'm afraid they didn't.

Julie Plec said that both Legacies and Roswell got a heads up abour the (strong) possibility of cancellation (as did all CW shows that were in danger, one showrunner just decided to play chicken and lost) and fine-tuned the endings acccordingly.

• Like 1

Still no Kyle, which makes me very sad. An episode without Kyle is always a lesser one, especially when we are this close to Isabel and Kyle finally getting together. Also still no Alex, but at least people know he's missing. Was Tyler just busy this season? Its getting weird, him being gone for half the season. 

Its great to see Rosa, I am very glad that she's back. Amber Midthunder is getting a lot of buzz lately, starring in the new Predator movie, so I am glad she could stop by again. Good for her, she's such a great actress, she has a real natural charisma. 

Don't take it back Michael, this is the first non annoying thing you've done all season. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Still no Kyle, which makes me very sad. An episode without Kyle is always a lesser one, especially when we are this close to Isabel and Kyle finally getting together. Also still no Alex, but at least people know he's missing. Was Tyler just busy this season? Its getting weird, him being gone for half the season. 

Wasn't it that Kyle, Alex, and maybe Maria were only contracted for like a certain number of episodes each season? Although, it does feel like Alex and Kyle have been missing for more than usual.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wasn't it that Kyle, Alex, and maybe Maria were only contracted for like a certain number of episodes each season? Although, it does feel like Alex and Kyle have been missing for more than usual.

I think Alex has been missing since Episode 1.  If it weren't for the previouslies, I probably would have forgotten he exists. 

• Like 1