Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: IV

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Razzberry said:

Was it this scene?  IIRC, she was saying that he DOES have it in him and he's full of crap, in a manner of speaking.  I may need to watch it again though.

oldman4a.jpg.d4edbdb50d26703791a01f49192e28f9.jpg

Yes, that scene. What matters more than what they are saying, is the fact that he and Abby aren't married yet. That's in the future. Why would he be having this conversation with an older Abby? Are we supposed to believe that he predicts the future, too? It just made no sense to me whatsoever. 

• Love 2

I keep hoping that eventually things will click into place and make sense, but honestly I stopped trying to figure out where the writers are going with this spy thriller.  It seems to be heading into soap opera territory with the Emily character.  When Bridges or Lithgow aren't in it, my attention wanders.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 7/4/2022 at 4:27 PM, Bcharmer said:

In that flashback scene, after the Russian guy was captured, "Johnny" was sitting alone, and had a "conversation" with his future, older, dead wife. Could someone explain how that made any sense? Did I miss something?

It is hamzad’s sister he is talking to

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 7/5/2022 at 5:01 PM, Bcharmer said:

Yes, that scene. What matters more than what they are saying, is the fact that he and Abby aren't married yet. That's in the future. Why would he be having this conversation with an older Abby? Are we supposed to believe that he predicts the future, too? It just made no sense to me whatsoever. 

I thought it wasn't a flashback but a memory.  He was having a memory and it came with color commentary from his wife.  If that moment really was a turning point for Hamzad, then I image Johnny and his wife probably discussed it often over the years.  And now when he remembers, he remembers it with 20/20 hindsight.

• Like 2
On 7/2/2022 at 12:31 AM, LittleIggy said:

I don’t think she adds to the story. She’s just a drag on Dan, IMO.

Totally agree.   The actress is not doing the role any favors, either.  She just looks confused, not assertive or scared or anything, most of the time to me.   I would much rather have watched Dan and Harper trying to outsmart each other, with we (audience) trying to figure out how far Harper would go to protect Dan/his past with Dan, with Emily the wild card in the middle.  Zoe adds nothing to the show, except to make it even more ridiculous.

I did like the scene of her chilling out with the dogs though.

I was liking the flashbacks only because the actors playing young Dan and Harper are both doing a good job.   The romantic convolutions don't interest me, though I agree that Emily will probably turn out to be Hamzad's daughter.   I keep falling asleep during the episodes, not a good sign. 

• Love 1
On 7/3/2022 at 3:05 AM, Rickster said:

There’s  an article link somewhere here that mentioned that the writers wanted to explore the concept that Emily/Angela effectively has two dads, and the nature of her relationships with each of them. Having both of them call her kiddo might be a somewhat clunky way of emphasizing this.

Just a thought--what if Abbey’s Afghan husband (Hamzad? I get the names mixed up) is Emily/Angela’s father? Abbey could have been pregnant when Dan stole her away.  This is all without checking timelines, etc. Just a thought. 

On 7/16/2022 at 7:53 AM, raven said:

Zoe adds nothing to the show, except to make it even more ridiculous.

I agree that Chase getting so involved with any woman while simultaneously on the run is just absurd. I don’t understand why he agreed to the date in the first place.  He doesn’t seem like the type who would be so lonely it makes him stupid.

That said, I see nothing wrong with what Zoe did.  This guy took her against her will.  She really didn’t do anything wrong. It’s ridiculous to think he could be mad at her for not just cowing to his every demand.  Good for her for at least trying and if this puts them all in more danger well, that’s on him.