Type keyword(s) to search

Tulsa King - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 11/28/2022 at 11:47 AM, Chaos Theory said:

I mean there is absolutely nothing new or original but sometimes new and original actually turns me more off then on.

This show has a bit of Sons of Anarchy, and a lot of Lilyhammer and a tiny bit of The Cosby Show (because Stallone, like Cosby, is always right in the end). In a way it's a shame. They threw in too much (much like SOA did), they didn't need the motorcycle gang. Focusing on the ATF/FBI and the contact between ATF woman and Stallone, plus the "stranger in a strange land" aspect, would have been enough for season one.

I don't really understand why so many women are attracted to Stallone's character. Or why the people whose business and livelihoods he moves in on seem to love him so much vs run right to the FBI. Or why Manfredi keeps thinking his 25yo schemes will fly. But I try not to think too much about those things.

Not quite done with the season and trying not to read a lot of these posts, yet.

Late add: The dialogue on this show is so lazy. Dwight’s big speech in the bar is “get scared and ‘burn up’” or “go through it and come out on the other side stronger.” Both nonsensical.

I like Grace a lot, and the bartender. They need a better show.

And OMG what a terrible use of “In the Air Tonight.” Kiddies, if you want to see a good one, look up Miami Vice. That was an all-time classic.

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 1

I just caught the first episode on CBS. The pilot episode worked for the most part. I was thinking that at this point in time that all those prisons had bootleg smart phones and with the marijuana dispensaries as his first racket I had to look up where Oklahoma stood.

• Like 1
On 11/20/2022 at 7:25 PM, Twilight Man said:

I know, like most gangsters in TV and movies, Dwight really does not care when he passes out money like candy,

but AFTER Dwight slipped the DMV woman some money to move up his driving test, Dwight then discovers that

his learners' permit functions just like a "regular" license, so Dwight probably won't bother showing up for the driving test,

especially since the other guy drives him around anyway.   Waste of money there, Dwight.

I was thinking since Dwight didn't know a leaner's permit was instant ID and not waiting on the mail for a week in Oklahoma why didn't he just get a state ID card in the first place. He is at the age where states start taking extra care on drivers licensing. 

And the "real ID" didn't seem to be a thing here. Maybe the Department of Corrections should actually take care of such things like ID's when inmates are released. For a "correcting" agency they seem to be setting folks up to fail.

To think he could have gone to the post office without the hassle of needing a credit card. I guess Dwight could figure out the issue would come up again. But with something modern like needing credit cards we then go old school when his son in law answers an unknown phone number calling in.

• Useful 1

Then don't watch it, nobody is making you sit in front of the tv and suffer are they?

Coming onto a message board to say that you find it painful to look at someone that you don't have to look at is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Episodes 3 Tyson is going with, to paraphrase Goodfellas, since I  met you I wanted to be a gangster.  Meanwhile our Fed couldn't resist the temptation. With the preview looking like Dwight optains an Oklahoma crew I think with have A Bronx Tale homage. And then the motorcycle club brings up our Fed being compromised.

I do wonder why the DMV examiner said nothing before Dwight offered an unwanted bribe. The you feel guilty because you didn't earn this was an interesting tactic.

On 1/9/2023 at 10:08 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Mr. Sheridan, if you're reading this, enough with the gratuitous violent outburst when one of the characters shoots another in the face or head with no warning, nothing.  Please write something new.  The scene with Caolan and his crew was uncalled for.  IMHO.

I'm watching on broadcast and by episode 6 I was detecting a lot off substitutes for the word "shit". But with Dwight's revenge murder and the self defense killing of the biker the violence could have been more graphic like in the seasons of Mayor of Kingston given away or Yellowstone given away in the other sales attempts. So I'm wondering did a TV edit also do visuals? I did notice someone being beaten in the dark on the street before the attack on the bar but I'm not sure who was who. Maybe episode 7 will clear it up. 

On 5/12/2024 at 4:48 AM, Ottis said:

And OMG what a terrible use of “In the Air Tonight.” Kiddies, if you want to see a good one, look up Miami Vice. That was an all-time classic.

I would say more than an all time classic. When I heard In The Air Tonight on Miami Vice  it was the first needle drop and change TV forever