Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: The End is Never the End

• Start Topic

SEASON FINALE - In the epic season finale, Mel (Melonie Diaz), Maggie (Sarah Jeffery) and Kaela (Lucy Barrett), along with Harry (Rupert Evans) and Jordan (Jordan Donica), have now discovered that the cabal of foes coalescing to bring down the Power of Three are actually working for an ancient evil that's been laying dormant since the dawn of magic. This powerful dark force -- known as the Lost One -- will be the ultimate test of the strength of the newly discovered sisterhood; forcing them to rekindle their connection...or face the destruction of magic itself. 

Cancelled - Series Finale

Original Airdate: June 10, 2022    8 pm     CW
413_charmed_photo04.jpg
413_charmed_photo02.jpg
413_charmed_photo03.jpg
413_charmed_photo01.jpg

...this is the end. I was expecting a stronger finale from the general hype by whatshisname since they knew it was a 50/50 chance they'd get renewed. Unfortunately this was a weak episode that was VERY rushed.

We had no powers being used outside of Maggies premonition that FINALLY remembers it supposed to help them? No Power of 3 spell. Nothing that showcased how powerful they are as a unite compared to the First Charmed Ones....and did we even see their BoS one last time?

The team totally throws out their own writing about the First Charmed Ones just to have them reunite as if it is this easy thing that could've been done whenever. They were cursed and those curses suddenly dont matter A DAMN. How does a demon get to the Tree Charmed One? She's in a magical tree locked away in a place that only Charmed Ones have access to. How could she be kidnapped? And then she stays around because she has a lot of anger to work out which is fine but...its a TOTALLY different change from literally all of her former appearances.

Why did the traveling Charmed One leave the deserts on the road? And how long were Macy/Kaela walking on the road in the middle of nowhere before they get to a bowling alley?

We go from this threat of the "evil" Charmed One to "Oh no! There's a MAGICAL BOMB thats going to go off that we knew NOTHING ABOUT in the original timeline!"

Maggie/Mel/Kaela are ready to sacrifice themselves to stop this bomb but the OGs are like "we are going to do our duty and sacrifice ourselves like we were supposed to" because working out your issues in 5 mins over a 10,000 year absence really works.

90% of Maggie/Jordans relationship has happened off screen and for some reason we skip ahead some months to them ready to move in together? The sisters were already glorified roommates and now the plan was to split them up even more? Just destroy the house cause it has zero sentimental value tbh.

The video store is suddenly all glitchy for no apparent reason and VHS lady's storyline is wrapped up off screen where she just leaves a note on a new door that leads to the OG-verse. How did she get home? Why didnt they have her bring them to the OG-verse, get a jingle from the Elders and Orb away in the classic Orbs? Thats an easy callback.

Them being on the steps of Halliwell manor was cool, it was nice and the series ending the OG way was a good send off for the most part. But they easily could've had SOMEONE open the door. TCO ended up having a million off-spring. Use one of them lol.

Sadly, I was disappointed as a finale/series finale. It was true to itself because the "sisters" didn't do much to actually save the entire universe or beat anyone.

• Love 4
(edited)

This was a very disappointing season finale, much less a series finale.  The episode was just not engaging, and weaker than many of the episodes from this season.

The Original Charmed Ones were annoying as hell, and the parallels with Maggie and the Original in the fight club, or Mel and the Original high/drunk at the bowling alley were forced and annoying reminders to the weak start to the season.  

I actually thought last week we would get the new Charmed Ones helping to bring the Original Fighting Charmed Ones together so they could hug it out, so this resolution was predictable.  It didn't even make sense considering the Originals were at each other's throats 3 minutes before they decided to sacrifice their lives together.   We're supposed to feel sorry for the psycho trapped one and her minions?  

The plot was all over the place, suddenly about the magical bomb.   I guess that makes it a microcosm of the series in general.  Can't focus on a coherent narrative.  

I'm a little curious where they would have gone if the show hadn't been cancelled.  But that's probably more nostalgia for the original series than anything.  What's the point when none of the main characters of the original would deign to cameo in this one?  The house appearance at the end didn't do anything for me.

It was a crappy finale for fans of the reboot (if any still exists).  There were with no call-backs to earlier seasons of *this* show... no cameos aside from that cousin.  The scene at the end with Mel and the club owner lady was the same length as the talk that Mel and Maggie got.  Meanwhile, Maggie and Jordan (a more established coupling) never got a final conversation, nor Harry with Maggie and Mel.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Well, that wasn't any more interesting than any of the other episodes. I thought the highlight was seeing the Halliwell house, that says a lot about how bad this show has been.

• Love 1

The plot was all over the place, suddenly about the magical bomb.   I guess that makes it a microcosm of the series in general.  Can't focus on a coherent narrative.  

That's it, in a nutshell. It made about as much sense as anything else. Which is to say . . . it didn't. 

If they managed to prevent Inara from resurrecting then how did she ignite the magical bomb? WTF. And why did they have to resurrect her to turn it off? If she could turn it on by herself why couldn't one of the other OGs turn it off? 

When Harry and Josephina were looking at the bomb and Harry said "we have only minutes . . . maybe less!" I thought "well, maybe you guys shouldn't have wasted all that time at the bowling alley and at the fight club like you had all the time in the world to screw around."

The multiverse thing they threw in at the end was pure fan service and didn't make a lick of sense either.

Nothing about this show ever made any sense. I don't know what the hell was going on behind the scenes but the writing was just terrible from start to finish. It's too bad because I really did like the cast, and that's really the only thing that kept me watching.

• Love 1