Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E12 Let the People Decide

• Start Topic

In 2032, candidate Johnson rides the ups and downs of election day. In 1984, Rocky and Ata are at a crossroads with their futures in wrestling. In 1987, teenage Dwayne learns that the family is leaving Nashville.

Original Air Date: May 24, 2022

I guess I’ll have to catch the preempted part of this on Peacock. I assumed the network would just push the rest of the schedule later for network new interruptions, but they are treating it like a soap interruption. Maybe they just really wanted to start This Is Us on time

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

That’s it? He lost?

Is this getting renewed? Because that would be a bummer note to end on.

Yes, it will return mid season next year

I too am surprised he lost, but that probably feeds into what he was saying about not always winning

• Love 5

I was surprised that he lost, but my guess is we next see 2036 Rock giving it another try.  

That was a wild spread of votes, you don't often see California, NY, and Texas all voting the same way.

• Love 4

Figured they were going to save the results until next season, so I was surprised that they already revealed it and Dwayne actually lost.  Sounds like it was mainly because of that mysterious third party siphoning votes which is definitely that is talked about in elections.  Realistically though, it probably was over as soon as Dwayne lost New York, but that's already a massive loss right there.

So, it looks like the main set-ups for next season will be a) the Youngest Rock story dealing with the fallout of Rocky trying to pull one over Vince and Ata feeling under-appreciated by Lia, b) Middle Youngest Rock and the family now moving to Pennsylvania, and c) Oldest Young Rock in the WWE and finding his place there now that the fans have turned on him due be an "old-school" babyface/good guy in the Attitude era: a time where fans preferred their heroes with an edge (like Stone Cold Steve Austin!)  Looking forward to all of them, although I'm definitely excited about the third storyline and all of the WWE stuff.  Can't wait to see the birth of The Rock!

Now that the election is over, I'm curious to see what the structure will be for Dwayne to tell his stories.  Hopefully Randall Park will still be involved! 

Can't wait till next season!  Might not be a groundbreaking show, but I'm still finding it to be one of the most enjoyable ones out there.

• Love 6

I was a child of the 80s, and therefore was touched by WWF (my brother and I had plenty of the big-sized action figures, though I cherished even more my collection of trading cards now located somewhere up in the attic), so every time they cut away to the stats list for each famous wrestler, it feels utterly delightful. (Did Dewey ever encounter Jimmy Superfly Snuka? He was one of my faves!)

I would honestly like to see Dwayne Johnson run in 2024. These days, why not? Just please, people, don't throw away your vote on Chrome! 

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm surprised that Dwayne actually lost the election, damn that AI stealing his votes. I am very curious as to what next season will bring post election, where does Dwayne go from here? Whatever he does, hopefully Randall is still a part of it!

I remember watching a VH1 interview with Dwayne years ago where they talked about how much he was disliked as a face by the audience before changing his gimmick from sweet baby to lovably cocky asshole, that's going to be interesting to see going forward. It fits what they might do with Dwayne after losing the election, having to change things up after seemingly failing.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
On 5/26/2022 at 11:40 AM, tennisgurl said:

I remember watching a VH1 interview with Dwayne years ago where they talked about how much he was disliked as a face by the audience before changing his gimmick from sweet baby to lovably cocky asshole, that's going to be interesting to see going forward. It fits what they might do with Dwayne after losing the election, having to change things up after seemingly failing.

Yeah, Dwayne losing the election goes along with the theme of the show.  It's okay to fail, as long as you learn from your mistakes and come back twice as hard.  I knew "Rocky Maivia" was not received well when he entered the WWE, but it was hard to watch his parents watch his failing.  I didn't know about the Wrestlemania match where his dad came in to bail him out, which seemed like it should have been a really cool moment.  Seeing that would be a lot more meaningful after seeing this show, I bet.

• Love 3
On 5/26/2022 at 8:40 AM, tennisgurl said:

I'm surprised that Dwayne actually lost the election, damn that AI stealing his votes. I am very curious as to what next season will bring post election, where does Dwayne go from here? Whatever he does, hopefully Randall is still a part of it!

Maybe a season long wine tasting and storytime at Forest's house.

• Useful 1

I can't believe how good an addition Downtown Bruno has been to this show. I hope they find a way to use him next season. The only thing I find weird about this season is the 2032 timeline, since from what I remember last season also ended on election night and Dwayne was going to like his campaign party unsure of the results. 

And I definitely remember the Rocky Sucks era (I may have also made a Rocky Sucks sign for a PPV event I went to in Vancouver) but I had no idea about his dad jumping into the ring in WrestleMania. From what I can remember there was awhile of him being Rocky the heel before they came up with The Rock.  I did like the Sheik saying he always wanted to be a wrestler. That was hilarious with him leaning next to the Camaro.

On 5/25/2022 at 3:13 PM, thuganomics85 said:

b) Middle Youngest Rock and the family now moving to Pennsylvania, 

We already saw a bunch of middle Rock in Pennsylvania in season 1 so I wonder if they will skip all of that and that Dwayne will be the one who meets his now ex.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:58 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

(Did Dewey ever encounter Jimmy Superfly Snuka? He was one of my faves!)

Not sure if they ever met, but Snuka has a pretty violent past so I can see why they might not want to have him on the show (don't read his Wikipedia page if you don't want to be disappointed with one of your faves).

I was also surprised we haven't seen or had any mention of the Hulkster in any of the past timelines. He was WWF champ going into the first WrestleMania. At first I thought it might have been because of that weird Marvel Comics licensing thing, but I looked it up and that only lasted for 20 years. Then I remembered the racism.

• Love 3