Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: There Will Be Blood

• Start Topic

I realize the Kayla drama is to give Jimmy something to juggle in the background but my god, I just cannot stand that storyline at all. Kayla is positively insufferable and unfunny.

Jean is still rocking on all cylinders. Good to see Christopher McDonald make an appearance, though I assume that may be it for the season if the remainder of the episodes are on the road.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

I realize the Kayla drama is to give Jimmy something to juggle in the background but my god, I just cannot stand that storyline at all. Kayla is positively insufferable and unfunny.

Jean is still rocking on all cylinders. Good to see Christopher McDonald make an appearance, though I assume that may be it for the season if the remainder of the episodes are on the road.

See Kayla is my absolute favorite part of the show. Everything she does cracks me up. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

I really like the Jimmy character so I can deal with having to watch Kayla if it means more of Jimmy. Agreed though that she's annoying AF. She's more exhausting to me than funny but I get the impression the showrunners including Paul W. Down think she’s hilarious.

Jean nails everything. So happy to have this show back.

• Love 9

Yeah the stride they hit in the first season is still there.

Looks like they’re expanding Jimmy’s character but he also seems to be an EP or showrunner because he does an Inside the Episode with two women who are behind the scenes and look like him ethnically, if not related.

Deborah and Hannah push each other’s buttons so their relationship seems like it will always have ups and downs as opposed to reaching some equilibrium or steady state, which would describe for instance Deborah and Marcus’ relationship.

But it seems more that Hannah doesn’t want to let Deborah down than losing her job.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, aghst said:

Looks like they’re expanding Jimmy’s character but he also seems to be an EP or showrunner because he does an Inside the Episode with two women who are behind the scenes and look like him ethnically, if not related.

He's a co-creator, EP and writer on the show with his girlfriend/wife? and another writer from Broad City.

• Love 4
(edited)

Wow, they reintroduced basically everyone except the water cop.

I loved it, great way to set the table for the season.

What was the deal with Marty's date for the fight?

Is Ray gonna come back now that Ava no longer lives at the hotel? And the whole thing about her dad's ashes was darkly hilarious. "My dad passed away a few years ago and we cremated him too. Although we did put him in, like, a proper vessel."

I do hope the email to the British writers plot thread wraps up sooner rather than later. I'd hate for this thing to be a ticking bomb through the entire season.

Edited by arc
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, arc said:

What was the deal with Marty's date for the fight

I think Deb was shocked by the date being age-appropriate for him.

I loved that Deb had a garish Christmas room, and that Ava thought it was vaguely racist.

Deb getting blood all over her face and not caring was a great moment, too. But while Aiden clearly craved Deb's approval, I thought it was a bit much that a pretty standard pep talk was all it took for him to go from punching bag to killing machine.

• Love 4

Love that this show is back.

I don't need the Kayla character. This show walks the line between drama and comedy really well and she is just too goofy for the tone.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:27 AM, Irlandesa said:

He's a co-creator, EP and writer on the show with his girlfriend/wife? and another writer from Broad City.

Interesting he wrote himself a storyline where he has a useless assistant that is obsessed with him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 5/14/2022 at 1:04 PM, qtpye said:

Interesting he wrote himself a storyline where he has a useless assistant that is obsessed with him.

Well, he and his partner, and their writing partner.  Isn't the storyline really a parody of HR craziness?  When Jimmy reports the harassment, Jimmy is ordered to undergo 52 weeks of anger management.  The HR lady is hilarious!

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/2/2022 at 10:34 PM, qtpye said:

Her voice cracks me up.

The HR woman is good but I don’t like Kayla or this story. It bothers me that they’re making light of her behavior, because she is female and the boss’ daughter. I like Jimmy and want to see more of him, but Kayla annoys me. 

I love Jean Smart in this!

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2