Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Family

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

With family ties beginning to fray, Royal takes violent measures to get rid of Autumn, but is foiled when he discovers she has manipulated someone close to him.

Original airdate 4/29/22

Perry is so stupid it makes this show hard to watch.  Like even with every weird, insane, confusing thing going on, that's all I can think to say.

Edited by peach
  • Love 7

Fritos Guy,   NOOOOOOO!

Amy runs out of the house distraught and nobody goes after her or tells her to come back. That tracks.

Cecilla needs to hurry up and finish her bear costume or she going to lose her family. She has already done the "proof of concept" portion.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Cecilla needs to hurry up and finish her bear costume or she going to lose her family. She has already done the "proof of concept" portion.

How did the baby bear get to the yard?  The hole just dropped it there - from the future? Is this show secretly co-produced by Disney? Because any IP with talking animals MUST belong to them, right? 

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, peach said:

Perry is so stupid it makes this show hard to watch.  Like even with every weird, insane, confusing thing going on, that's all I can think to say.

I think Royal is the bigger idiot. Gotta mess with the weird astrology lady who knows too much but keep your family in the dark the whole time. 

I was thinking this may be a Greek tragedy on a time loop. He knows he dies and loses the ranch, it's just playing out now. (My timeloop theory from watching the early seasons of Misfits)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AstaCharles said:

I think Royal is the bigger idiot. Gotta mess with the weird astrology lady who knows too much but keep your family in the dark the whole time. 

I was thinking this may be a Greek tragedy on a time loop. He knows he dies and loses the ranch, it's just playing out now. (My timeloop theory from watching the early seasons of Misfits)

I was really liking this show, but everyone is turning tv show stupid.   At least Perry is being portrayed as stupid.

In fairness to Royal, I believe he's going crazy.  I think the hole makes people crazy.  I also wonder if Autumn not physically wearing the necklace is making her lose her composure.  But that's her fault for wagering it, which was stupid (see above).

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, peach said:

But that's her fault for wagering it, which was stupid (see above).

She never expected that Royal added some lyrics to "The Gambler" - know when to cheat em

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, paigow said:

She never expected that Royal added some lyrics to "The Gambler" - know when to cheat em

Not sure why she hasn't been expecting all his terrible actions when she first saw him throw a body in a hole in the dead of night.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peach said:

So...does anyone else think maybe Royal came out of that hole in the first place when he was 9?

They did kinda show that when he came out of the hole and tried to grab Wayne Tillerson as a kid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

They did kinda show that when he came out of the hole and tried to grab Wayne Tillerson as a kid.

But back then, was Abbott arriving from the past / future? 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, paigow said:

But back then, was Abbott arriving from the past / future? 

He hides that photo of his parents that's pretty old-fashioned, which must be why he hides it.  Maybe he came from the time of the buffalo with the arrows in it.  And that's why the hole freaks him out so badly.  It must only appear every so often and now it's back. 

I wonder about him asking Autumn if she had been in a cult.  There were some American doomsday cults in the 1800's.  A big time hole might prompt one.  haha.

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

For a second I thought maybe it was an Us type of thing and maybe a version of Tillerson grabbed himself.  But then I realized it had to be Royal.  And he had a flash of the same boy when he stuck just his hand in during the first episode.

• Love 1

The 4 sons are some of the most useless humans I've ever seen. The Abbott boys don't seem to have half a brain between them and aside from some ranch work just drink their days away. But they still do more than the Tillerson boys, who apparently are going to play Cain & Abel for us (maybe with music). I really don't want to spend a lot of time watching them; let's just throw'em in the hole.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I am losing interest in the show, it is so depressing watching the dysfunctional Abbott family doing things that make no sense at all.

The "head" of the family, Royal, somehow feels he must hide this huge mysterious black hole in their farm from his own family, while their stealing neighbor, and the predatory female camper have all found it with no difficulty and are obviously plotting to steal their land. Yet Royal feels that his family doesn't deserve to know? And the wife and 2 sons who work full time on the ranch, never saw the huge black hole on their own?  That makes no sense at all.

And Perry, is he really that stupid? He had time to sit down to write a confession and hand deliver it to the police , but no time to make a call to inform his family of his intentions? Does that make sense at all?

• Love 8
10 hours ago, showme said:

I am losing interest in the show, it is so depressing watching the dysfunctional Abbott family doing things that make no sense at all.

The "head" of the family, Royal, somehow feels he must hide this huge mysterious black hole in their farm from his own family, while their stealing neighbor, and the predatory female camper have all found it with no difficulty and are obviously plotting to steal their land. Yet Royal feels that his family doesn't deserve to know? And the wife and 2 sons who work full time on the ranch, never saw the huge black hole on their own?  That makes no sense at all.

And Perry, is he really that stupid? He had time to sit down to write a confession and hand deliver it to the police , but no time to make a call to inform his family of his intentions? Does that make sense at all?

Even though they are introduced to us as the protagonists of the story, I've decided this show works better if you see the Abbotts as the bad guys.  Royal didn't learn to cheat at poker like that just that day.  Team Tillerson over here.  lol

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m getting ready to look online to see how many more episodes that I have to endure, I mean, watch before the finale.  That’s usually not a good sign. 

There are 8 episodes, your pain should be over by next week.

• LOL 1

It’s almost like this show has no script.  Like they just tell people, go on the set and act crazy….say anything that comes to mind. Make it up as you go.  

I agree how odd it is that none of Royals’s family have found the hole,but I also get why he might not want them to know. Everyone who knows about it practically loses their mind….so, I can see trying to spare them.  

• Love 1

Watching Autumn and the bear I was hoping to see a "The Revenant" re-enactment, but no, just a whispering bear.  I have a question about the ending of the episode: the little girl ran out out of the Abbott's house after she watched her father and uncle fight. She seemed to be seeing something up in the sky or off in the distance, but all I saw on my TV was some stars in the night sky and the lights of the property. Was there something out there that I missed cause my screen resolution/contrast is too dark?  I'm already ready to read that nothing was shown, just more crumbs thrown to us viewers to keep us coming back. 

This show is so scattered and rambling and trying hard for... something, that I'm hate-watching it now. Every episode has become more of a chore to sit through, watching all this weirdness and people doing irrational things that get no explanation. I'm still waiting for the explanation for the disappearing mountain which I bet will never come, then I can only be mad at myself for sticking with this show.  Yeesh. 

• Love 3

I was under the impression Young Wayne was talking TO Young Royal when he said "Did you see that?" But I could be wrong. Bottom line, I don't care enough to go back and check. My interest has dwindled with each passing episode. 

I heard an interview with Josh Brolin and he said some director came in for Episodes 7 and 8 and "saved the show" so maybe it was apparent the show was kind of a mess up until that point. Fingers crossed, someone cleaned it up in the last couple of eps. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I heard an interview with Josh Brolin and he said some director came in for Episodes 7 and 8 and "saved the show"

New Director: Josh, try on this suit of golden armor and purple face makeup.... maybe we can get the audience rooting for you...

• LOL 2
On 5/4/2022 at 7:03 PM, patty1h said:

Watching Autumn and the bear I was hoping to see a "The Revenant" re-enactment, but no, just a whispering bear.  I have a question about the ending of the episode: the little girl ran out out of the Abbott's house after she watched her father and uncle fight. She seemed to be seeing something up in the sky or off in the distance, but all I saw on my TV was some stars in the night sky and the lights of the property. Was there something out there that I missed cause my screen resolution/contrast is too dark?  I'm already ready to read that nothing was shown, just more crumbs thrown to us viewers to keep us coming back. 

This show is so scattered and rambling and trying hard for... something, that I'm hate-watching it now. Every episode has become more of a chore to sit through, watching all this weirdness and people doing irrational things that get no explanation. I'm still waiting for the explanation for the disappearing mountain which I bet will never come, then I can only be mad at myself for sticking with this show.  Yeesh. 

It was the Sheriff's car, with lights on, coming towards the Abbott's property (to arrest her father).

• Love 2