Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Judge Not, For You Will Be Judged

DanaK
  • Start Topic

04/13/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Archer and Hannah clash over a patient with close ties to Goodwin. After a patient is shot during a home invasion, Dylan and Crockett help with the investigation. Maggie and Will work to protect a patient who is in the country illegally.

Dr. Scott is my favorite but Melina going to get him in trouble lol I don't think she's a bad person but I have a feeling she's in over head. 

Let me find out that Ethan's not Mr. by the book anymore. 

I was a little annoyed by Goodwin's daughters but I'm glad that she and her baby made it through okay. Goodwin would have been devastated.  

• Love 2

I don’t like them bringing in that police storyline.  And, I’ve had enough of doctors making patient decisions on their own.  Going over Godwin’s decision?  She was lucky. It turned out ok, but still.  Just because one previous surgery turned out ok before?  I didn’t get it.  No way an emergency ethics board would have sided with her against the judgment of a senior doctor AND the patient’s mother, who is also a doctor.  Maybe, they should drug test her.  Her attitude is a little over the top.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

How can a verbal statement from another person be a valid DNR? I thought it had to be in writing? 

In real life the doctors are not going follow a DNR from a spouse who claims they have discussed the issue and they wouldn't want to be kept alive as a vegetable. The reason is that it isn't clear whether that discussion ever took place and whether this person would actually be a vegetable without any quality of life.

The issue would arise if after a period of time it was determined that the person had no brain function OR had no reasonable expectation of recovery and then the spouse even in the absence of a written medical POA would be able to determine what kind of treatment the "vegetable" would receive. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm already done with Asher.  Obviously the character is written to be the misunderstood combative recovering addict that must prove she belongs.  So it's only natural that she clashes with Archer immediately.  The surgery to remove the fibroid on the pregnant woman was ridiculous.  There's a reason why it never happens.  And since when does Goodwin have a daughter anyway?  It was a surprise to me.  Whatever happened to her surgical device rep son?

So I suppose Stevie really is indeed gone?

I like Scott and happy to see him hooking up with Milena, but the actors have no chemistry at all.  So why was Milena carrying that much cash?

So the guy shot himself pointblank with a shotgun using his big toe, meaning the gun was pretty much pushed onto his belly.  And he somehow survives?

19 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

I'm already done with Asher.  Obviously the character is written to be the misunderstood combative recovering addict that must prove she belongs.  

I don't mind Asher, and proving herself to a skeptical supervisor after what's come before is legit. I'm betting on things getting patched up and then the inevitable relapse will occur.

The one I'm done with is Archer. He was an interesting character when introduced but now he's just an annoying dick who has no business treating patients. He'd be better off twirling a moustache and tying vulnerable patients to railroad tracks or something. Ditto Choi. Or at least Old Choi. I do not buy into his 180° personality inversion. 

30 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

So I suppose Stevie really is indeed gone?

Yes, I seem to recall reading that the actor chose to leave.

• Love 1

Asher isn't bugging me but I'm tired of the doctor/cop. This isn't ChicagoPD - it's ChicagoMed. 

I continue to just love the friendship that Dr. Charles and Goodwin have. Just wonderful. I see some Choi headbutting with the ER guy, who could leave any day now if it was up to me. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Asher isn't bugging me but I'm tired of the doctor/cop. This isn't ChicagoPD - it's ChicagoMed. 

Yeah!

I continue to just love the friendship that Dr. Charles and Goodwin have. 

Yes again!