Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: The Diana Affair

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

Bull and Izzy experience marital discord when Bull has TAC lead the defense for Diana Lindsay, his ex-girlfriend who’s accused of killing her lover’s wife. Also, personal conflicts abound for the TAC team when Chunk finds himself defending Diana in court against his boyfriend and prosecutor, Robert.

Chuck was pretty self-righteous there.  And I don't see Izzy going to Marissa for love life concerns, not her style at all.  I know the show is ending, but it feels like the writers don't know what to do with these people.  Continue to like Taylor and Danny, should get their own kind of Cagney & Lacey type of show.  Could set up shop as PI's after TAC folds (or however they are going to wrap it up).

There was always good chemistry between Bull and Diana, a much better pairing than Izzy.

And if someone is arrested for murder, is the trial really like in a week?  Sheesh.

• Love 3
On 4/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, jabRI said:

Continue to like Taylor and Danny, should get their own kind of Cagney & Lacey type of show.  Could set up shop as PI's after TAC folds (or however they are going to wrap it up).

Until you posted this, I hadn't thought about Taylor and Danny having thier own series, and now it's something that I really want to exist. It could totally work. I love the idea of exploring in greater detail thier different skill sets (what you can find/accomplish with old shoe leather investigating and talking to people vs. what you can find online). The different skill sets compliment each other well. Also, you have Danny with all of her law enforcement contacts spread out over various angencies, and Taylor's contacts in the hacker community.  

• Love 4

And if someone is arrested for murder, is the trial really like in a week?  Sheesh.

Absolutely ridiculous, as was arresting her the night of the murder, when at that point there was not enough evidence. 

There was always good chemistry between Bull and Diana, a much better pairing than Izzy.

Yes, Diana and Bull have better chemistry.  But surprisingly I have come to enjoy Izzy, and also her with Bull.  It's more of a mature relationship, which is something he needed.

Chuck was pretty self-righteous there.  

It was very annoying, and also very unprofessional how he and Robert were getting snarky with each other in the courtroom and in the judge's chambers.  And once again, we saw the total lack of chemistry between Chunk and Robert...maybe there will be some with the next boyfriend.

Continue to like Taylor and Danny, should get their own kind of Cagney & Lacey type of show.  Could set up shop as PI's after TAC folds (or however they are going to wrap it up).

Great idea!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

total lack of chemistry between Chunk and Robert

I liked the Robert actor (Erich Bergen) on Madam Secretary.  I hope he will get a part soon in a better show than Bull.

• Love 4

No way would the police have arrested Diana the same day, nor would the trial be the next week. In real life, trials are months and sometimes years after an arrest.  So Bull had no excuse to not go on his vacation after all.

• Love 2

I remember reading a very similar story decades ago in one of those paperback mystery magazines.  In that case, the victim/perpetrator was found inside a locked sauna, dead.  The proverbial locked room murder mystery.  However, he did himself in with an apparently sturdy icicle that he had smuggled into the room, and which subsequently melted.  Probably no more plausible than this story, but the writing was better.

I think that, had I been Izzy, I would have told Bull "At 8pm I will be on a flight to St. Barts.  If you're not there, you ain't going.  Bye."

10 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

I would have told Bull "At 8pm I will be on a flight to St. Barts.  If you're not there, you ain't going.  Bye."

To which I would have replied, "As soon as I'm free to go, I'm off to a vacation spot that isn't St. Barts. If you don't stick around and go with me, you will never know where that spot is."

On 4/8/2022 at 10:05 AM, jabRI said:

That's a common thing on this show.  They go to trial fast, and then spend the trial finding new evidence and witnesses.  You think they'd spend a little more time doing that research earlier!