Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Dead Man's Float

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

As Jenny urgently attempts to prove the Bhullars are involved in the drug-related death of a teenager, her suspicions about Travis continue to grow, putting their relationship on thin ice. Meanwhile, Veer discloses the real reason behind his visit to Montana, and a surprise visitor resurfaces strong feelings from Lindor’s past.

Original Airdate: THURSDAY, March 31, 2022   (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
162220_4208.jpg
162219_3864.jpg

So, I guess now that the whole Ronald arc has been put to bed, they decided they might as well throw in a whole other subplot and introduce a whole bunch of new characters this late in the season.  To be fair, it sounds like they'll probably be involved with the Bhullar's drug business, but it's still hard to really get that invested in this Ford family: no matter how many times Jenny talks them up and gets angry on their behalf over their son's death.  At least it was fun seeing Dallas Roberts as the father.

Travis killing Bob was caught on Donno's security camera, so it certainly looks like he's in the Bhullar's pocket for now.  But he probably could care less at the moment since he's mainly trying to find more dirt about his former informant/lover.  So far, it sounds like at least Ren is unaware that something bad might have happened to her.

The reason Veer hightailed it to Montana was because he tried to kill someone who betrayed him but failed to do so.  Of course, the fact that he mentioned that it was Alicia who "discovered the betrayal" makes me wonder if it was a frame job by her.

Jerrie is back at least!  Lindor doesn't know what to do know with their goodbye kiss last time and whatever is going on with him and Cassie right now.

All this talk about Tonya possibly having to kill someone makes me think she'll eventually kill someone very important and they won't see it coming.

Sigh... of course, Jenny gets herself captured.  Can't say I blame Dallas Roberts' character about his doubts over his son's case being solved if this is the best the police force has to offer.

More Alicia/Ren scenes, please.  Mainly because I just want to watch Constance Zimmer and Janina Gavanker continue to play off one another and be the best parts of this season by far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Sigh... of course, Jenny gets herself captured.  Can't say I blame Dallas Roberts' character about his doubts over his son's case being solved if this is the best the police force has to offer.

Seriously. All I could think when Jenny entered that basement was, whatever she finds there is inadmissible, no warrant. But whatever. I did jump when she got whacked in the head though.

A big YEAY for Jerri coming back. She's my favorite character. I hope she sticks around. Her scene with Lindor was pretty funny.

My other favorite character is Ren. I'm actually rooting for her, that she takes over the business and makes it big time in Montana. She's so much more compelling than Jenny or Cassie. I'd be all for a show about Ren, Lindor and Jerri.

So no one knows how Wolf died. Alrighty then, an ambulance takes him away and he's ... what ... just dumped out? I guess they don't suspect the (fake) ambulance drivers of anything. But if the local police department is investigating, then the killers are totally off the hook.

How does Travis killing Bob being on a video make any difference since there were plenty of eye witnesses too. I don't see the blackmail side of that. Although I'd stay away from steak knives if I were the guy with the video.

Hard to believe that Tonya has gone from the meek waitress to a kick-ass player working her way up the chain of drug-lord command.

A big YEAY seeing Dallas Roberts again. While I don't care about his kid OD-ing, I hope he stays around a while. That would make one more character I like on this show that is quickly losing my interest.

Edited by PBnJay
  • Love 8

I am squeamish about rooting for Ren even if she is the most compelling and interesting character.  I can't root for the success of a drug dealer.

I just can't go there , I know its a dumb show and I know that its not real life, but how do you root for a business that ruins lives?  I know I know. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, jrzy said:

I am squeamish about rooting for Ren even if she is the most compelling and interesting character.  I can't root for the success of a drug dealer.

I just can't go there , I know its a dumb show and I know that its not real life, but how do you root for a business that ruins lives?  I know I know. 

It’s the torture, kidnapping and murder that bothers me even more than the drug dealing.  Yes, poor Ren has a dad that marginalizes her but that doesn’t excuse her chosen career 

• Love 3

After Undercover Travis tells Jenny that if she doesn’t have a warrant to leave the property Jenny’s hubris sends her to break and enter and contaminate the drug lab. Way to go. She has now scrapped any case against the Bhullars. I cheered when she got bopped on the head for being a cupid stunt. The Bhullars should have popped a champagne 🥂 bottle and handed her a dozen 🌹. I expect this show to be cheesy, but really??

Two other things that were surprising is no one told Jerri that Ronald was dead and a Legarski didn’t show up at the end.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Will someone explain how the Bhullars managed to excavate that much earth for an underground lab, let alone the development and utilities and such?  I'm pretty sure it didn't exist in the original farmhouse that they bought, unless the previous owners were preppers.

I was really hoping that Donno would utter the '20' rule', used so often in Justified, when he was faced off with the driver.

It's interesting that, as ruthless as Ren is with anyone she comes in contact with, she seems to be in perpetual fear of her father.

So who bopped Jenny?  Have we seen him before?  She's out and about in the previews, uttering a classic "Cassie, I screwed up.".

On 4/1/2022 at 1:00 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Can't say I blame Dallas Roberts' character about his doubts over his son's case being solved if this is the best the police force has to offer.

If only he had talked to the police when he was first approached, instead of denying any connection between Mason and the murderers.

11 hours ago, FrankOFoley said:

a Legarski didn’t show up at the end.

Unless that guy at the end was an orphan left at a fire station and adopted by the Legarski family to round out their brood.

• LOL 2

I cheered when she got bopped on the head for being a cupid stunt.

Way to go. Good one!

Two other things that were surprising is no one told Jerri that Ronald was dead and a Legarski didn’t show up at the end.

Very true about Ronald. It didn't even cross my mind that Jerri was not told that Ronald was dead.

• Love 1

Now that Ronald is finally gone, it looks like we get a brand new subplot with a whole crew of other weirdo, none of whom did very much to get them to stand out yet, as much as Jenny seems invested in them. The dad was a jerk, but he does have every reason to not think the cops will solve his sons murder, Jenny never fills me with much confidence as an officer of the law. Look at her actions at the end of the episode, her dumb ass gets herself caught whole doing things that, even if she found anything incriminating, would be tossed out of the court immediately because of her lack of a warrant. Jenny clearly finds having to follow the actual rules that a cop needs to follow to be lame and that she's too special for them, so I can only find her actions blowing up in her face to be karmic justice. 

Ren is a terrible person, but I do find her compelling, she's a much better villain than the last few bad guys. Interesting that now that dad's back, she and her brother are getting along better, maybe because they are both equally in the dark about what's going on with their dad and are both suspicious of his new girlfriend. I have also rather enjoyed Tonya going from meek waitress to increasingly hard ass cartel associate, I definitely by the end of the season she'll kill at least one person. 

So glad that Jerri is back, she's by far my favorite character, and her scenes with Linder were great. The two of them have so much life that is lacking in a lot of the other characters. 

I continue to think that Travis is going to turn fully dirty, if he isn't already, either because of his obsession with avenging his informant/girlfriend, or just because he has gotten in way too deep. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, luvthepros said:

Way to go. Good one!

Very true about Ronald. It didn't even cross my mind that Jerri was not told that Ronald was dead.

I would hope they had called Jerri back when it happened? Or if not it probably made the news and she could have seen it there.

Hopefully they called those girls from season 1 that were kidnapped and told them too.

• Love 1
(edited)

I assumed Jenny was going to look around, and later say “hey I found a spot (the entrance) that looks suspicious,” and then get a warrant . She may or may not be able to pull that off now.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1

I'm guessing whoever Papa Bhullar tried to kill is now trying to frame them by killing a kid with what looks like their product (either it isn't actually their product, or someone in their lab is actively sabotaging them). And yeah, I'm thinking Alicia is involved somehow.

• Love 2