Type keyword(s) to search

S02:E04 In the Dark

AgentRXS
  • Start Topic

Nashville, 1987: Rocky promises he will find the family an apartment by the time Ata arrives from Hawaii, but the clock is ticking. Dwayne settles into his new Nashville life with the help of an old family friend, Downtown Bruno.

Original Air Date: April 5, 2022

Guest Stars
Chelsey Crisp as Casey
Christopher Chen as Sandy
Jenna Kanell as Jamie
Ryan Pinkston as Downtown Bruno
Patrick Cox as Crusher Yurkov
Michael Strassner as Jerry Lawler
James Bolton as Jeff Jarrett
Milli M. as Newscaster
Kiff Vanden Heuvel as Pat Patterson
Christopher Cook as George "The Animal" Steele
Brett Azar as The Iron Sheik
Benjamin Arthur as Jake The Snake
Fasitua Amosa as Sika
Tobias Kiddle as Greg Valentine
Antuone Torbert as Tony Atlas
Kevin Makely as Macho Man
Kei Kudo as Mr. Fuji
Ivan So as Ricky Steamboat
Josh Thompson as Bob
CVYOT4ODTRFJ3IU7Y5FQ3OO5NU.jpgK4E7D3VVONHNND2JAFIGNWU2G4.jpgNUP_195952_00401.thumb.jpg.2bcebb93ff48f5800db16128eb264dbc.jpg

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, Raja said:

It was strange hearing "Crusher" as a previous name for Bam Bam Bigelow

Ah, I didn't realize that was who it was supposed to be.  I should have known by the skull tattoo.

• Love 1

I was wondering if we were going to get a Jerry Lawler appearance once they got to Nashville.  Great seeing both Jeff Jarrett and Crusher a.k.a. future Bam Bam Bigelow too!

Seems like this season is definitely being a little more open about Rocky's imperfections and how flawed he was as a person.  I can still see why the real Dwayne loves him though and, if last season's finale is to believe, the real Ata still seemed to have some fondness for him as well.  I guess he was like most people: had a lot of good qualities to go with the not so good ones.

Still not sure how this feud with Dwayne and doctor is going to play out, because right now, I don't see if being enough to really change the election in any way.  Maybe I'm just taking that part too seriously, but I would have to think the doctor would have something more impactful to really have a chance at swinging votes and damaging Dwayne's presidential chances.  Maybe it would help to get a brief mention of his opponent and get a sense of how he's faring.  Again though, I suspect we're really not suppose to look too far into this aspect of the show.

• Love 4

Interesting that this season is delving more into Rocky's flaws as a person and Dwayne's complicated feelings towards his dad. He loved his dad, but he was a deeply flawed person and it was rough for him, to see that as a kid or a teenager. He does have a lot of fond memories of him, but this season has shown more of his irresponsible slightly sketchy side. He had his good traits and his bad ones, its probably just bee easier to talk about his good ones, considering he's since passed away.

I am not sure where this feud between Dwayne and Sean Astin is going, I cant imagine someone about to become president would engage with some bitter jerk who had a beef with them as kids. People tell personal stories about politicians and how much they suck all of the time, whether its true or not, its not that big of a deal. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Seems like this season is definitely being a little more open about Rocky's imperfections and how flawed he was as a person. 

Speaking of imperfections, one big thing that sticks out for me is how much of a thief Young Rock is.  If he sees something he likes, he helps himself to it.  If Dwayne Johnson ever comes to my house for supper, I'm going to count the silverware lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 4/7/2022 at 3:21 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Seems like this season is definitely being a little more open about Rocky's imperfections and how flawed he was as a person. 

I wonder if we will start to see the same thing for Vince McMahon. I mean the real Dwayne clearly thinks super highly of him. But while he made The Rock a super star he is not totally a great person. And they seemed to touch on that a bit with Rocky not being in the WWF this episode. 

Also the debate between Dwayne and the Doctor on Twitter about Jabroni made me think of that Iron Sheik documentary I watched where Dwayne and the Sheik bit talked about how that word was invented and how The Rock came to use it. Maybe that movie doesn't exist in show world. 

I am also curios to see how Rocky ended up leaving Memphis and going to Florida. I was huge into wrestling during the Attitude era and from what I can remember Memphis was always considered one of the top level regional promotions.

• Love 2

I knew of "The Rock" but was never into wrestling and only started getting into Dwayne Johnson the actor, so this information about his family is really new news to me. I'm surprised by how much he's sharing about his dad. It does seem like there would be moments where having Rocky Johnson as a dad would be fun but mostly stressful. 

• Love 1
On 4/6/2022 at 10:05 AM, Raja said:

It was strange hearing "Crusher" as a previous name for Bam Bam Bigelow

Yes, I thought so too.  I looked it up and in fact he only used the name Crusher Yurkov for a little while in WCCW in Texas, after he left Jerry Lawler's promotion.  That's right, he was already  Bam Bam Bigelow when he was in Memphis in 1986-87.