Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Watcher

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

OHHHHH ....I didn't even recognize the Borg Queen as the actress from 24 and General Hospital! I love her. 

image.png.4fc0fd0853494b28a98e0fbad016d51a.png

I've been a fan of her since 24. She always gives a 110% effort and Picard is no exception.

Fun fact, the main character in Covert Affairs was named after her. Annie, her real first name and Walker, her character's last name on 24.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I loved the scene with the punk from Voyage Home and his update of his classic song ‘I still hate you and I still berate you…’ And then him touching his neck and apologising for his music this time.

But then later, I realised that it doesn’t quite work because this guy was never Vulcan death pinched by Spock, since in this reality the events of that movie never happened. So I guess we have to assume that it’s just that he got older and learned some manners, instead of it being a pivotal moment in his life.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lebanna said:

I loved the scene with the punk from Voyage Home and his update of his classic song ‘I still hate you and I still berate you…’ And then him touching his neck and apologising for his music this time.

But then later, I realised that it doesn’t quite work because this guy was never Vulcan death pinched by Spock, since in this reality the events of that movie never happened. So I guess we have to assume that it’s just that he got older and learned some manners, instead of it being a pivotal moment in his life.

If he goes around playing his music that loudly on public transport on a regular basis, he's probably had it in the neck from other people in this timeline, over the years! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 3/26/2022 at 10:31 AM, Ottis said:

They can't get out of 2024 fast enough, IMO. What a waste.

What bugs me about it is that 2024 looks like way too much like 2004. And I don't care to spend mental time figuring out what timeline they're supposed to be in and which historic or future event may or may not have made this version of 2024 what it is.

On 3/31/2022 at 3:23 PM, Llywela said:

If he goes around playing his music that loudly on public transport on a regular basis, he's probably had it in the neck from other people in this timeline, over the years! 

That said, the scene worked for me simply because it made me laugh that his looks were played for menacing but he was a mild-mannered sweetie, so even if you didn't get the in-joke it was fun.

I don't know or remember all the multiple ST series' episodes or films well enough to catch Easter eggs such as "the punk from Voyager". (Never watched Voyager or DS9.) I would never have got Tracy Torme because I'm not that knowledgeable about the production teams, even though I knew there was something about the book they wanted us to focus on. It can be a bit tiresome at times but in general I'm able to enjoy the series as is, with just basic memories of TOS, TNG, and some of the movies. It's entertaining and I enjoyed rewatching S1 to get myself ready for S2. Yet I don't see myself re-watching S2 before S3 is shown.

• Love 2

This episode managed to do something I never thought I would see - a filler episode in a TEN EPISODE SEASON.  Here's what happened of note in this episode:

• Picard meets Guinan in this time period
  • Nothing happens when Q snaps his fingers

That was 45 minutes of my life I'm never going to get back.  I really enjoyed the first three episodes, but was THOROUGHLY unimpressed with this episode.  Of course, I'm going to stay with it, but this was quite the disservice.

(edited)

I'm just getting to these episodes now, and considering this show has forgotten that Guinan already met Jean Luc (and Mark Twain) before, I'm pre-bummed that Sarah Silverman won't make an appearance and ask about Lt. Paris.

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 1