Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E12: The Makings of You

Bort
  • Start Topic

Not for the first time but I’m very glad I recorded this show and had the ability to fast forward through Amelia/Kai. I find them incredibly boring and don’t care in the slightest what happens between them.

• Love 10

Amelia/Kai is the absolute worst. Kai is so boring and I laughed when they got up stage to be a rockstar I guess. They looked like the biggest goof.

No thanks to seeing bitch Ellis again.

I hate this show so much right now it’s horrible but I can’t stop watching I’ve been watching too long. It needs to just end already.

I usually like Scott Speedman but he seems weird and dishevelled on this show.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Marley said:

I hate this show so much right now it’s horrible but I can’t stop watching I’ve been watching too long. It needs to just end already.

It needs to put us all out of its misery.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, lamadeleine said:

Nick/Mer- I wonder if it got back to the writers that there was a persistent fan theory floating around that Nick was nothing more than figment of Mer's imagination. The show seems to be now desperately trying to build a character/backstory for Nick when that groundwork should have been put in place as soon as SS was a lock to come back- thus the niece/Silver plot. I think they're trying to show that Nick has people in his life outside of Mer, that he's capable of experiencing/causing tension and conflict, and that he's not just the weirdly perfect robot boyfriend that was initially introduced to us. I'm baffled as to why we don't get to see Nick actually interacting in a meaningful way with the people in Mer's life..you know, like her kids, her family, her colleagues.

Ha, that doesn't seem far-fetched, actually - the show and/or the writers trying to course-correct the theory that Nick is/was a figment of Meredith's imagination. So Nick came to Seattle and the writers did the bare minimum by having him/Meredith in the same scene as Maggie and Amelia. Amelia and Maggie vaguely acknowledged that Nick existed but Nick didn't so much as speak to anyone. He's not met Meredith's work-family or her actual children. So why are we supposed to care about this relationship when Nick doesn't seem to exist in the show's universe outside of his Seattle hookups with Meredith? 

• Love 5

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the scene between Nick and Meredith on the bridge where they talked about where they were going in the future and she said she wasn't sure she wanted to go back to Grey-Sloane and be a general surgeon anymore.  Foreshadowing the end of the show perhaps?  (He said he picked a career where people had to die so he could do his job...blah blah blah I don't really care for his character and quite honestly I thought he looked really seedy this episode so meh).  

Is Zola about to embark on a quest to find her biological mother?  I don't remember the particulars...I just remember she had a really serious medical disorder that required her to come to the US for surgery but other than that I'm drawing a blank as to how she was available for adoption.

Is Kai slightly autistic?  I like the character but not that much into a relationship with her and Amelia.  Are all these doctors going to stay in Seattle or are eventually some of them going to fly away home permanently?  I'm sick of our Seattle people splitting their time.  Does anybody perform surgeries anymore?

Still a Grey's fan and would miss it if it was gone.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Is Zola about to embark on a quest to find her biological mother?  I don't remember the particulars...I just remember she had a really serious medical disorder that required her to come to the US for surgery but other than that I'm drawing a blank as to how she was available for adoption.

I believe she is from Malawi.  I don't recall if she had parents or was an orphan.  She was at Grey's to have a medical procedure...and I have a vague recollection of Arizona going to Malawi for a while, so I think she brought Zola back with her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, izabella said:

I believe she is from Malawi.  I don't recall if she had parents or was an orphan.  She was at Grey's to have a medical procedure...and I have a vague recollection of Arizona going to Malawi for a while, so I think she brought Zola back with her.

I think she came for surgery with other kids as part of a project Alex worked on.

1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

I'm surprised nobody has commented on the scene between Nick and Meredith on the bridge where they talked about where they were going in the future and she said she wasn't sure she wanted to go back to Grey-Sloane and be a general surgeon anymore.  Foreshadowing the end of the show perhaps?  (He said he picked a career where people had to die so he could do his job...blah blah blah I don't really care for his character and quite honestly I thought he looked really seedy this episode so meh).  

Just guessing but I think it set up Nick coming to Seattle. Scott is a regular so at some point they are going to need to get him there. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, izabella said:

I thought she was from Namibia, but I could be mistaken.

On 3/22/2022 at 10:17 PM, transitfan said:

I thought she was from Namibia, but I could be mistaken.

According to the Grey's wiki, she's from Malawi. But I don't remember enough to even venture a guess as to what country she might have come from, so you're doing better than me.

• Love 1