Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Welcome to the Remodel

• Start Topic

After months of crashing with Malcolm and Marty, Calvin and Tina finally reveal the impressive results of their major home renovation. Also, Dave and Gemma decide it's time to have "the talk" with Grover.

Airdate: 03/14/2022

I was worried Tina would have redone the place in some way that appealed to her and not  to Calvin, but I should have known better. They have the kind of marriage where she wouldn't do that. 

I do agree that ottomans are for feet, but you could take your shoes off, at least.

I liked the B-plot with Grover getting sex ed, but I thought he was way too old not to already have the basic facts. 

• Love 2

What a fabulous reset for Tina and Calvin's place! Calvin (and Tina) is much loved by their neighborhood, but the teasing really went too far. I'm glad they showed Dwight? apologizing and them getting tight again.

I'm pretty sure this was the second sex talk for Grover. The scene where Gemma was scolding for the inappropriate sharing, then the reveal that Dave was being scolded, was laugh-out-loud funny.

• Love 3

I wonder if we will ever find out how much the remodel cost the Butlers.  Tina said the insurance covered most of it.  But that is what people say when they don't want their spouse to know how much they spent.   

In the real California, you buy Earthquake insurance through California Earthquake Authority and the deductible ranges from 5-25% (most people choose a 10-20% deductible).   Plus, insurance doesn't pay for upgrades, only to replace what was damaged.   However, if the insurance estimated how much everything would cost, subtracted the deductible, then wrote them a check, then they would likely have some extra to spend since they didn't have to pay anything to stay with their sons.  Coverage for "loss of use" ranges from $1,500 to $100,000 depending on the policy chosen.  

This closes my insurance lesson for today.  Tomorrow's topic will be "Life Insurance: How To Get the Most from Your Policy By Dying Young"  (just kidding, I won't bore you more than I already have).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, needschocolate said:

This closes my insurance lesson for today.  Tomorrow's topic will be "Life Insurance: How To Get the Most from Your Policy By Dying Young"  (just kidding, I won't bore you more than I already have).

Do long-term care insurance next!

8 hours ago, possibilities said:

I liked the B-plot with Grover getting sex ed, but I thought he was way too old not to already have the basic facts.

How old is he? 10? I’m not sure Dave overshared, to be honest, if he just talked about the basic biology, “it’s normal to be horny,” and consent. Like if Grover is watching videos of women twerking and feeling a certain way, he’s old enough to learn that it’s normal to feel that way.

• Love 4

Having just watched the Resident Alien episode where Alien!Harry hilariously attempts the sex talk with Real!Harry's teen daughter, I was hoping for a banana and a doughnut.

The remodel was fantastic, they removed a whole wall between the dining room and the kitchen, right?  Opening up that whole space?  They do have the whole island now, but how is that going to work in the future?  Scenes around Calvin and Tina's dining room table were such a huge part of the show.  Now the dining room is relegated to behind the kitchen in sitcom no man's land where no-one will tread.  The island is nice, but other than Calvin's "end" and the three stools at the counter, how are they going to do those scenes?  Is Tina going to stand at the sink?  Maybe we'll get one more new set out of this!

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

The remodel was fantastic, they removed a whole wall between the dining room and the kitchen, right?  Opening up that whole space?  They do have the whole island now, but how is that going to work in the future?  Scenes around Calvin and Tina's dining room table were such a huge part of the show.  Now the dining room is relegated to behind the kitchen in sitcom no man's land where no-one will tread.  The island is nice, but other than Calvin's "end" and the three stools at the counter, how are they going to do those scenes?  Is Tina going to stand at the sink?  Maybe we'll get one more new set out of this!

Now I need before and after pictures!

• Love 2