Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Do No Harm

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Determined to save Max and Rachel, Jenny reluctantly partners with T-lock but quickly learns not everyone deserves her trust. Meanwhile, with Cassie and Lindor close on their trail, Scarlett prepares to do whatever it takes to keep her and Ronald safe. Later, realizing their father has not laid all cards on the table, Ren and Jag form an unexpected alliance to uncover the truth.

THURSDAY, March 10, 2022   (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
161232_1048-900x0.jpg
161690_0358-900x0.jpg
161690_9907-900x0.jpg

• Useful 1

Damn, T-Lock actually keeps surprising me!  He finds out that Max and her mother are held hostage and he actually is upset about it and is willing to turn himself over?  Can safely say I didn't not see that coming.  Good Guy T-Lock, heh.  Enjoy it while you can, buddy, because you are so probably going to get offed next week.  No way that sting is going to end up in his favor.  I do not trust the competency of the police to pull this off and that even includes Jenny at this point.

So, Daddy Bhullar isn't an idiot, but he is a big asshole who clearly harbors some sexist view with the way he treats both Ren and Alicia, and even though he knows it was Ren that came up with the idea, he still has his sight set on Jag running the show after he's gone.  Really starting to wonder how his organization has lasted this long and not have to keep fixing the fuck-ups his stupid son causes.  But if I have to guess, Ren won't take this lying down.  And I have a feeling Alicia will come into play as well: no way they would cast Constance Zimmer in the role and not have her make some major moves.  Granted, all of these people are awful, but I have no shame in admitting that I'm pulling for Ren big time, because she and Janina Gavankar have been the highlights of this season by far.

Sigh... Wolfgang has wormed his way into tagging along with Lindor and Cassie into tracking down Ronald (and Scarlett.)  This show really has somehow made me grow tired of the usually reliable John Carroll Lynch.  Even Wolfgang's purposely campy speech at his wife's grave didn't land with me: was only partially saved by Omar Metwally perfectly conveying Lindor's "Fuck me, is this what my life has become, now?" thoughts during all of that.  He did fare better as Ghost/Hallucination Rick at least, but maybe it's time for the show to quit going all in with John Carroll Lynch.

Aww, poor Benito Martinez has gotten roped into this show as some kind of doctor that is going to be forced to fix Ronald since Scarlett currently has him a gunpoint.  Maybe they'll surprise me and not have him be collateral damage when the eventual showdown happens.

I guess it would be kind of dark to expect a teenager to go for the killing blow, but Max really could have solved a lot of problems if went all in with her attack.

Jenny:  "You told Dietrich about T-Lock?  How could you?!  You betrayed my trust!!"

Travis:  "Uh, did you miss the part where I probably would have been executed had I not....?"

• Love 7

I'm so very tired of Ronald and Scarlett, though I have found the actor who plays him pretty entertaining. But it's just long played out. 

"Scarlett won't let Ronald die!" Neither will the writers, apparently.

Free poor Phoebe, and let her try to recover from being around the two psychos.

And I've really enjoyed Lindor, but I wish he had a better storyline. Isn't he a fed? And Wolf can just bury his wife? I was half paying attention at the beginning, but is the whole manhunt now just sort of off the books, where no investigators, or forensics are needed for the murder victim?

I'm not proud that I'm basically pulling for the murderous Ren now. She, Donno, and Dhruv have been highlights so far. Plus Jenny's likeable deputy. 

Given the absolutely majestic stares Ren gave both her brother and father, I'm guessing it won't be the cream in his coffee that kills daddy dearest. Alicia is also pretty interesting, with how she interacts with Bhullar and his incredible sexist, condescending views.

I'm also bored with the Jenny / Travis drama. I love Katheryn Winnick, and Jenny's swagger, but she's become so unlikeable since she went back to being a cop. She was better paired with Cassie.

I know Max was closer to the tools, but it still seems like she's the one doing all the work and trying to save them. I did enjoy her girlfriend talking about loser T-Lock always going on about his protein shakes. T-Lock caring about them being hurt was such a weird 180 though.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 5

It's gotten to the point that I'm now pulling for Ren and Ronald.  Cassie and Jen continue to not be likeable.  I'm looking for Alicia to surprise us.  Perhaps she gets tired of Bhullar mistreating her. 

• Love 2

Ren is a horrible person, but I feel like I gave to root for her in this power struggle. She's one of the only entertaining new characters around, her brother is a loser and her dad is an idiot for trying to make his fuck up son their families future instead of her. I feel like its not going to end up being the cream that kills him, he better watch his coffee for a few other things she might add. Or Alicia could come out of nowhere and take over everything, her scenes all seem to hint that she is way more calculating than she appears, and no one hires Constance Zimmer to just play a trophy wife. 

Color me surprised, T-Lock actually managed to surprise me. I have to give him a teeny bit of credit, he really was worried for Max and her mom and was going to turn himself in to help them, so points for that at least. Especially as his seemingly more respectable sister seemed pretty alright with him taking the cash and leaving them to their fate. Not that its going to help, things are still going badly for Max even after a valiant escape attempt, and I am sure things will be coming to a head soon. 

Oh great, more Rick, who manages to annoy us from even beyond the grave. When he was going on and on about his nonsense, I felt like I was back in Wolfgang's creepy kennel, finding myself relating to Ronald of all people, having to deal with this ridiculous person. How has this show managed to make me sick of John Carroll Lynch, who is usually such a reliable character actor. I don't think its his fault, just this show has massively overused him. I am already dreading when Wolfgang dies and we meet their identical cousin who's also a meth breeder/meth dealer. 

I did find it funny when Wolfgang was dramatically burying his wife while Lindor and Cassie just looked bored. "Would you like to say anything?" "No." 

• Love 6

This show has overused John Carroll Lynch the same way Law & Order Organized Crime has overused Dylan McDermott. Why do these shows get totally fixated on one character/actor and use them to the point the audience can't stand them? 

• Love 4

This episode aired 6 days ago and there are only 7 comments on this thread. People losing interest in the show is quite evident. I'm still hanging in there. It's like watching a train wreck and I can't look away.

• Love 2