Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Napoleon's Hat

• Start Topic

As the Commission's announcement draws near, Prince must decide just how far he'll go to secure his bid. Chuck, determined to find wrongdoing in Prince's pursuit of the games, follows a lead. Mase Carb develops a new algorithm, and Taylor uses it to their advantage. Chuck and Wendy reconnect.

Original air date 2022.03.06

Why is Prince so stuck on his ex, what's her name?  Mother of his children but that doesn't stop the billionaires from getting trophy wives.

But Prince wants his ex to live in NYC, near him, once he wins the Olympics bid, while she's talking about needing to train at base camp in near Denver.  A quick Google search shows that the only climbing event is called Sports Climbing, introduced for the 2020 Tokyo Games and it's entirely done on rock walls, entirely man-made.  So why is she blabbing about needing to live out West?

Maybe she's not that into you Michael.

Prince is funding scholarships and letting the IOC commissioners select scholarship winners and Chuck is unhappy about that.  Prince has to be doing something wrong.  Dave doesn't understand why Chuck is so against scholarships and Olympics in NYC.

Chuck tries to explain his crusade against Prince and the "billies" to Dave, who doesn't quite buy it.  Says Prince thinks he's above the law, without showing proof how Prince has broken any laws.  Dave says successful men like Prince are role models to her children so why try to take him down unless he's broken laws?  She points out the obvious, that Chuck himself comes from a privileged background himself and it's a kind of privilege to preach about the ultra-rich threatening democracy.

Chuck, the AG of New York state, is trying to help New Jersey instead get the Olympics, just to deny Prince his win.

Taylor decides to help the Olympics bid by trying to tank the MTA's credit rating, so that they would have to take Prince's idea of the Olympics Express subway train.  They think crowd-sourcing can drive down MTA's credit rating.  Imagine that, they get people to do the hard work of analyzing financials for free so that they get free work done and they get paid millions.

They threaten a credit rating agency, by trash-talking some punk scion of the Rankin Credit Bureau and MTA's credit rating drops.  That forces the governor and the mayor to come crawling back to Prince.

Chuck and Wendy both work a fundraiser for their children's school and they bond over taking down some asshole who calls Wendy a Karen.  They set up a date.

Prince wins the Olympics bid and Chuck wants to show up right there at the celebrations to nab the fixer Prince worked with but Rhoads comes up empty again.  He's very salty about it and Wendy tells him to smile.

So neither of them show up for their date.  He'd rather beat Prince than have a shot at getting his wife back, or at least some relapse or mercy fuck from Wendy.

Speaking of exes, Prince's ex tells him that he has to earn her love by being willing to come to her in Denver while she trains new climbers.

She seems like a real PITA and the brutal truth is, women will be throwing themselves at Prince in NY while she's off in Denver thinking she's some Olympian just because she's involved with some second-rate Olympics event which few people will watch compared to "real" events like track, swimming, basketball, gymnastics, etc.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes, Wendy, yes! Remember why you left him! Of course she had to call Chuck a great man along the way. It’s like this show is in denial. He’s not a hero; he’s an asshole. For example, every word out of his mouth to Dave. Or standing up a chef he hired in his own house. He didn’t even have the decency to cancel.

Interesting that Wendy had no desire to stay and party at the end. She said she was in favor of the Olympics. I think she’s still just not crazy about Prince. I share that, unfortunately. It’s always someone else doing his dirty work for him while he floats above it all. That’s not interesting.

Wendy refusing to leave for fear of setting the PTA moms off- I felt that. The shaming is real. She’s lucky she got by with showing up late. Interesting that she’s pro-public school. No way Chuck ever went to one. And she believes Chuck will have to get Kevin into Yale. Realistic as that may be, I would have thought that she’d see more value in merit.

I continue to like Dave. At least someone gets to question Chuck’s crazy proclamations. I also liked her reactions to the other attorney and his craziness.

So did Prince pay the $5 million? I’m going with no. He’s too far above that kind of thing. He’d have Wags do it for him. 

The ex wife needs to run. Prince is way, way too controlling to deal with following her around. She’s always going to be the one expected to come when called. He was pissed when she wasn’t free for dinner when he didn’t even call first.

Edited by l star
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, l star said:

And she believes Chuck will have to get Kevin into Yale. Realistic as that may be,

Lori Laughlin and her many co-defendants share that opinion

• Love 1
(edited)

Chuck and the State Police have perimeter setting skills rivalling those of CTU

Maybe stake out the party BEFORE the announcement... FFS

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, l star said:

Or standing up a chef he hired in his own house. He didn’t even have the decency to cancel.

Having said that it was a fascinating display of trickle-down economics.

• Love 1

I LOVED the nanny eating dinner with Daniel Boulud!  All of that food.  An you're going to tell me those kids had NO interest in that gorgeous torte on display?  Kids will eat acorns if you dip them in chocolate.  *LOL*  

It looked like Wendy was walking across the fair yard in her customary spike heels.  Was that supposed to be a commentary on professional women not realizing they'll sink into the grass because they're so distanced from their children's lives?  Or did the wardrobe person just not realize that wedges were a better option?  And where were their kids, and everybody else's?    

• Love 1

Yeah Chuck and Wendy interacted this episode because of their kids.

But no sight of them anywhere.

Show really never leaned in that much into them being parents.  Well Axe, only for him to show his boys how to be rich entitled assholes like himself, like trying to take over  their private school a season or two ago.

(edited)

People all over the world are fighting for scholarships to "Indiana A&M"? Riiiiight. 🙄

Chuck told Dave he'd let her pick the next target if they fail to nab Prince. That'll probably be Chuck, lol. Dave is getting all the inside knowledge to replace him if she ever wants to.

I love when the mayor ever so politely tells Prince to go eff himself. He might want to stop treating her like he owns her. That went out in 1865. 😉

I think Prince's ex leads him around by his peen and he pretty much lets her. Chuck should try to figure out how to get to her and on his side against Prince. She seems to be Prince's only vulnerability.

All that fancy food going to waste. Disgusting. 😒

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I think Prince's ex leads him around by his peen and he pretty much lets her. Chuck should try to figure out how to get to her and on his side against Prince. She seems to be Prince's only vulnerability.

Chuck turned Indiana A&M into a time bomb in a Trojan Horse... Prince might love that place more than his ex... 

ETA: Alternatively, Chuck might go Full John Lithgow in Cliffhanger... chasing her through the Rockies with a helicopter hoping she falls to her death- accidentally on purpose of course...

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2022 at 1:49 AM, aghst said:

Rhoads comes up empty again

Chuck has been losing almost every battle so far. They're knocking him down in advance of a big win I think.

On 3/6/2022 at 3:13 AM, l star said:

I continue to like Dave. ... I also liked her reactions to the other attorney and his craziness.

Wait is he a lawyer? I thought he was some kind of "fixer" for Chuck

Chuck sucks so bad. He’s a rich dbag himself so he can fuck off with this joke battle. I hate disgusting billionaires too but it seems all Chuck does is rant and waste his time and never actually prosecute actual crimes.

Prince is boring and I don’t care about him and his dumb ex but is he really that bad for Chuck to obsess over?

I don’t think it’s that hard for a billionaire to visit his gf especially when he has a private jet lol. Prince’s ex is boring as fuck tho and they suck together. I see no chemistry. No one cares about rock climbing in the Olympics either. Sorry Prince’s ex whose name I don’t even remember lol.  How old are her and Prince supposed to be?

Way to waste the chefs time Wendy and Chuck. What a waste of airtime too at the end. Who cares about those 2.

On 3/6/2022 at 12:13 AM, l star said:

I continue to like Dave. At least someone gets to question Chuck’s crazy proclamations. I also liked her reactions to the other attorney and his craziness.

Speaking of that guy and his craziness, habu vipers in sake is a real thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habushu

On 3/7/2022 at 9:37 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I love when the mayor ever so politely tells Prince to go eff himself. He might want to stop treating her like he owns her. That went out in 1865. 😉

All that fancy food going to waste. Disgusting. 😒

Everyone's so concerned about "doing good in the world", they should have donated that food to a homeless shelter.

And speaking of things that "went out" over a century ago, way to stay current, Show - Howard Stern? Really? How much did his agent pay for that mention?

• Love 1