Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Go Big Before You Go Home

• Start Topic

Simmering tensions come to a head; Cynthia has a breakdown, but Kenya doesn't have the time to hear about it; Ramona confronts the past to try to make things right with Kenya; the ladies battle it out in Cynthia's epic Bailey Bowl Olympics.

Available on streaming

Original network air date 2022.03.22

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m the only one who likes this show?

No, it's not just you! It was actually kind of fun and a nice departure from the scream fests and usual drama. Only mini dramas. It might be the lag between the Peacock airing and Bravo airing that is causing the emptiness here? 

I think the real star of the show was the resort and scenery, though. I can't remember exactly where they were, though, as I'd like to add it to my wish list of places I'd love to go, but never will 😂 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

No, I loved it but watched it on Peacock so I keep forgetting that it's now airing on Bravo.

For most, I feel like we're got to see a different side it's nice to see many of them are friends now after filming. 

8 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I think the real star of the show was the resort and scenery, though. I can't remember exactly where they were, though, as I'd like to add it to my wish list of places I'd love to go, but never will 😂 

Triton Luxury Villa in Turks & Caicos https://www.tritonluxuryvilla.com/

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, snarts said:

No, I loved it but watched it on Peacock so I keep forgetting that it's now airing on Bravo.

For most, I feel like we're got to see a different side it's nice to see many of them are friends now after filming. 

Triton Luxury Villa in Turks & Caicos https://www.tritonluxuryvilla.com/

Thank you! And holy crap, those prices! Definitely will not ever visit, unless I suddenly become a billionaire. 🤣 

• LOL 2

Well that was a nice ending to the trip. Ramona was on her best behavior. Cynthia’s game was fun based (this time) and the winning prize was a very nice touch. Luann sure wanted that prize judging by her competitiveness and wanting the others to lose points from biting the balls of whatever that stuff was made out of. 

That was so very nice of Kenya to give Teresa the vacation prize to share with Luis, because she was not in a relationship and Teresa was in a new one. 

I wonder how that went over with Cynthia, because she probably would have gone on that trip with Kenya, if asked. Maybe that was what Cynthia wanted to bring up when she wanted to talk to Kenya while she was packing to leave. I cant Blame Kenya, for not wanting to get in another “discussion” with Cynthia as they were all packing and everyone was on a happy high note at that time. No need to hear details about what Cynthia was “feeeeeeling” about whatever she was going to be bringing up.

I have a sister like Cynthia, who seems to think friends are supposed to be the way she wants them to be, or hear about her disappointment about this or that, or complain over what she expected from them. Constantly. New friends are always needed, because the ones they had cant deal with the expectations anymore, or the punishment of not fulfilling their expectations they think a friend should be revolving their every thought around. They’re just too heavy, man! Always some drama needed.

If a friend gets more snippy, disappointed, or angry than your own mother would if you have to change your plans, or not give the hoped for, desired birthday present for, etc, etc, then its time to walk away from the control freak.  My sister once voiced her outrage and disappointment about not being taken to New York for dinner and a broadway show for her birthday by her friends.. because she did this or that for THEIR birthdays and thats what she wanted for hers!  It was ok to hope for it, but another thing all together to become angry you didn’t get it. That’s a lot of time and money to expect someone to shell out just because its your birthday. 

How she spends her money is her prerogative. Expecting someone to go all out for you is telling them how to spend their money, and how much to spend on you. Any gift that isn’t an obvious slight, like a bag of hair or something, should be appreciated. Anything less is rude and bad manners.

Oh boy,  the poor girls had to sit through Luann singing that awful song again. Complete with that money gun prop brought with her on vacation because, by gum! she was going to force them all to watch her perform it once she got them all (and the cameras) in the same spot, after getting all gussied up in her movie star gown and makeup.

Being a singer myself, it is SO CRINGE to hear her terrible singing and that ridiculously stupid song, with her thinking it is good. LOL! Please Luann, move on from your 15 mins of “singing” fame that you have stretched into years of extended hours accumulated, pushing that same performance on everyone, everywhere you go.

I’m glad for her they were all in an upbeat mood when she corralled them into being her listening audience to that song, which is more like an oxymoron to the intention of the song. Theres nothing classy about any part of it.

Too bad the vacation show is ending. The material it provided for snarking on, was fun for me! heehee!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Well that was a nice ending to the trip. Ramona was on her best behavior. Cynthia’s game was fun based (this time) and the winning prize was a very nice touch. Luann sure wanted that prize judging by her competitiveness and wanting the others to lose points from biting the balls of whatever that stuff was made out of. 

That was so very nice of Kenya to give Teresa the vacation prize to share with Luis, because she was not in a relationship and Teresa was in a new one. 

I wonder how that went over with Cynthia, because she probably would have gone on that trip with Kenya, if asked. Maybe that was what Cynthia wanted to bring up when she wanted to talk to Kenya while she was packing to leave. I cant Blame Kenya, for not wanting to get in another “discussion” with Cynthia as they were all packing and everyone was on a happy high note at that time. No need to hear details about what Cynthia was “feeeeeeling” about whatever she was going to be bringing up.

I have a sister like Cynthia, who seems to think friends are supposed to be the way she wants them to be, or hear about her disappointment about this or that, or complain over what she expected from them. Constantly. New friends are always needed, because the ones they had cant deal with the expectations anymore, or the punishment of not fulfilling their expectations they think a friend should be revolving their every thought around. They’re just too heavy, man! Always some drama needed.

If a friend gets more snippy, disappointed, or angry than your own mother would if you have to change your plans, or not give the hoped for, desired birthday present for, etc, etc, then its time to walk away from the control freak.  My sister once voiced her outrage and disappointment about not being taken to New York for dinner and a broadway show for her birthday by her friends.. because she did this or that for THEIR birthdays and thats what she wanted for hers!  It was ok to hope for it, but another thing all together to become angry you didn’t get it. That’s a lot of time and money to expect someone to shell out just because its your birthday. 

How she spends her money is her prerogative. Expecting someone to go all out for you is telling them how to spend their money, and how much to spend on you. Any gift that isn’t an obvious slight, like a bag of hair or something, should be appreciated. Anything less is rude and bad manners.

Oh boy,  the poor girls had to sit through Luann singing that awful song again. Complete with that money gun prop brought with her on vacation because, by gum! she was going to force them all to watch her perform it once she got them all (and the cameras) in the same spot, after getting all gussied up in her movie star gown and makeup.

Being a singer myself, it is SO CRINGE to hear her terrible singing and that ridiculously stupid song, with her thinking it is good. LOL! Please Luann, move on from your 15 mins of “singing” fame that you have stretched into years of extended hours accumulated, pushing that same performance on everyone, everywhere you go.

I’m glad for her they were all in an upbeat mood when she corralled them into being her listening audience to that song, which is more like an oxymoron to the intention of the song. Theres nothing classy about any part of it.

Too bad the vacation show is ending. The material it provided for snarking on, was fun for me! heehee!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I feel exactly the same way, @SassyCat. Every time she sings, “Money can’t buy you claaaasssss,” I want to add, “And I present you with Exhibit A: ME.”

I will comment more later. 

• LOL 6
On 3/24/2022 at 8:23 PM, SassyCat said:

Who are these thirty individuals ordering Cameos from Lu? Do they really enjoy her singing?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Who are these thirty individuals ordering Cameos from Lu? Do they really enjoy her singing?

Maybe it’s like a personal joke gift given to a friend from another friend, whom both watch RHONY? 

Edited by SassyCat
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/24/2022 at 5:23 PM, SassyCat said:

I must confess that my best friend (since 1948) and I went to see The Countess in Phoenix she was on tour.  My son joined us only because he has access to tickets in a suite, free parking, and VIP entry (that meant only that we didn't stand in line to get in).  He spoke up about his "perks" when I laughingly told him that tickets were going as low as $28.  He said, "Let me see what the suites are going for."  EIGHTEEN DOLLAHS!!

We all agreed that she doesn't sing well.  She did look great (not as great as SHE thought), and she had some snappy-not-so-snappy patter.  And a lot of tired stuff.  There were some true/rabit fans in attendance--which surprised me.  Phoenix, Arizona?

A comic opened for her--and every time we see that comic on TV (which as been OFTEN recently), we can't help but remember The Countess.  The comic?  Murray Hill.   image.png.9f4244b2f3929a8822c7beda5e93814c.png

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

I must confess that my best friend (since 1948) and I went to see The Countess in Phoenix she was on tour.  My son joined us only because he has access to tickets in a suite, free parking, and VIP entry (that meant only that we didn't stand in line to get in).  He spoke up about his "perks" when I laughingly told him that tickets were going as low as $28.  He said, "Let me see what the suites are going for."  EIGHTEEN DOLLAHS!!

We all agreed that she doesn't sing well.  She did look great (not as great as SHE thought), and she had some snappy-not-so-snappy patter.  And a lot of tired stuff.  There were some true/rabit fans in attendance--which surprised me.  Phoenix, Arizona?

A comic opened for her--and every time we see that comic on TV (which as been OFTEN recently), we can't help but remember The Countess.  The comic?  Murray Hill.   image.png.9f4244b2f3929a8822c7beda5e93814c.png

I have been watching a show called Somebody, Somewhere with Bridgett Everett and Murray Hill has a pretty big part in it and is really good.  I saw Murray Hill on WWHL as the bartender so I am not surprised that there is a connection between Lu and Murray via Andy.

What does Back Atcha Jr. do that he has all access passes? 

• Love 2
On 3/26/2022 at 11:25 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

It's campy fun. I saw her in Royal Oak, MI back in 2019 when her cabaret show first started touring. We were amazed that there were people fully dressed up in Jovani gowns. Almost everyone stood up & was singing along.  Sure, alcohol helped, but it was much more fun than I originally expected.  So much so that we had tickets to her next tour which was of course canceled due to covid.

I think that's the point of a cabaret show, campy fun. I'll admit that one of my best friends bought a Countess cameo for my 50th birthday last Summer. It was such a fun gag gift and it still makes me laugh now to hear her sing "Happy Buuuurthday" and tell me how fabulous I am. 

Entertainment comes in all forms and IMHO Luann's cabaret show is harmless. People enjoy it, so good on her. I think the ladies had a blast watching her perform on the beach the last night.  The only thing that surprised me was that Kyle didn't do her trademark dance move, the splits!

Edited by snarts
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What does Back Atcha Jr. do that he has all access passes? 

Nothing (well...nothing associated with concerts).  He or his brother came across (by accident) some tickets listed for sale online.  He thought it was someone who purchased tickets but couldn't attend.  Turns out, it was a small company that "owns" a suite in one of our main/large concert halls.  My son is Mr. Chatty, so the guy selling the tickets told him how it works.  When no one associated with the company wants to use tickets, they advertise it on various sites: TicketMaster, SeatGeek (maybe), places like that.  NOW that he knows which suites do that, he simply goes online and looks for those particular suites for the concerts he likes.  Some suite "owners" are more generous than others.  OH, we also don't have to go get our own drinks...there are special servers for them.  I'll try to remember to send you a private note the next time someone we know is using the deal!

It's SO NICE to be at a concert where the people who have SEATS on the floor STAND during the entire thing.  If suite-people want to stand, they go to the back where there are no seats.  Oh, and COMFORTABLE SEATS!

Back Atcha, Jr. WAS an animation writer for Cartoon Network, Disney, Universal, Hanna Barbera, etc.  THAT'S another story...kinda sad.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I have been watching a show called Somebody, Somewhere with Bridgett Everett and Murray Hill has a pretty big part in it and is really good.  I saw Murray Hill on WWHL as the bartender so I am not surprised that there is a connection between Lu and Murray via Andy.

Yeah, BB...that's where I've seen him recently.  Also, we watched one episode of Amy Schumer's "Life and Beth."  There he was.  Too much of Murray Hill is too much for me.

• Love 4
On 3/23/2022 at 11:05 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I like it!  But I’m a hardcore RHW fan and I find it interesting mainly for the fourth-wall insights. 

Good thing I didn’t care who won the Bailey Bowl because the opening credits definitely spoiled that. 😂

• Love 1
On 3/24/2022 at 8:23 PM, SassyCat said:

Possibly I’m just cynical but I wonder if Kenya didn’t want to pay taxes on it. That would be my first thought with a prize like that. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1