Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Power of Veto #5; Live Eviction #5

• Start Topic

I'll open with the obvious but in no world did that need to be two hours. 

The only thing I want to hear from Jerry O'Connel is that he's signed on the dotted line for a SLIDERS's continuation ala COBRA KAI...hurry up brother John Rythes Davies isn't getting any younger and neither are you.

So tired of Lamar...the man simply has NO PULSE....sleepwalks through the entire game with zero gameplay. His only interesting moment was him making Julie Chen breakout in a sweat when he wouldn't give his vote.

I will say one thing about some of the padding....when Lamar was telling his emotional story...the proper response Todrick is not to KEEP SHUFFLING a deck of cards.....I hate, hate, hate when someone is trying to say something with gravitas and the person who is supposed to be listening doesnt' give their undivided attention...completly rude.

Very odd that none of the others seemed to pick up on the extreme danger of risking Cynthia winning the veto.It would have been a disaster.

And I"ll close with the veto....even the people who got a lot of points  had to be guesssing....the task was simply IMPOSSIBLE. The images were moving so fast there is now way humanly possible to track the correct one. I refuse to believe it.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

And I"ll close with the veto....even the people who got a lot of points  had to be guesssing....the task was simply IMPOSSIBLE. The images were moving so fast there is now way humanly possible to track the correct one. I refuse to believe it.

Guess that means I shouldn’t mention I got 6 out of the 7 correct, then….  😆

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I'm sad to see Carson go. He was so entertaining, and he was Carson 100% of the time. I think that's who he is in real life. His face fell a tiny bit when he started to realize what Julie was telling him about Shanna. 

I liked Jerry's segment, to my surprise. Not only was he self-deprecating, admitting to being a D-list actor, but he answered Julie's questions very honestly. His take on everyone seemed accurate. 

Meisha has really grown on me. Like Carson, what you see is what you get. I'm horrified that on top of the constant workouts she has to lose 17 pounds. Where's she supposed to lose it from? And WHY? Her self-discipline is mind boggling. 

I feel like I should like Lamar, given his sad stories, but it's not happening. Maybe partly because there's a whole extreme side of his life that's completely left out. CBB watchers who don't know him would have no clue, apart from vague mentions of regrets. 

Interesting comment from Todrick about having a difficult relationship with his mother. At least he was honest. 

Todd and Cynthia are fine. No strong feelings about them one way or the other. 

No one's mentioned that four of the Final 5 players are Black. The Cookout must be so proud of them, particularly since they were friends with Todrick. I like that most of the current cast seem sort of oblivious to it - their focus has been more on who they've bonded with the most. 

Edited by Melina22
6 hours ago, North of Eden said:

I'll open with the obvious but in no world did that need to be two hours.

-----

I kept looking at the time left and shaking my head that it wasn't over yet... lots of FF tonight even more than usual!! That was really an excruciating episode. And of course we know how they LOVE to do these big intricate showings of how the person who everyone knows is going home MIGHT not be actually going!! This one was even LESS believable than most.

And the Veto was straight up guessin' as if it wasn't hard enough then they added extra items, changed the item colors and all kinds of other shenanigans as if the straight up moving around wasn't enough! I'm with Lamar on this one, 'C'mon man!' indeed.

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

Meisha has really grown on me. Like Carson, what you see is what you get. I'm horrified that on top of the constant workouts she has to lose 17 pounds. Where's she supposed to lose it from? And WHY? Her self-discipline is mind boggling. 

There are four weight classes (the lightest is new) in the UFC for women. Meisha is fighting in her return to the UFC in a lower weight class after previously being in her more natural weight class. This way she is the bigger competitor come fight day and has a percieved edge. But it's of an oft debated safety how they 'cut' to get there. It's a lot of sweating and depleting yourself until you get on the scale. After that you can re-hydrate and bounce back a bit before the fight. But yeah, I respect the dedication on her part. She may not be a sparkling personality or wit, but I think she is very interesting person.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

This way she is the bigger competitor come fight day and has a percieved edge.

Long term, it sounds like a terrible idea, and not sustainable. Although I'm a noted couch potato from way back, I do have personal experience of the permanent damage you can do to your body and metabolism through extreme caloric restriction.

Plus I'm sad that young women everywhere will see an extremely strong, fit woman with a slim muscular body, still starving herself to lose almost 20 pounds. What a missed opportunity.

Am I right in assuming male fighters also do this extreme tinkering with weight? (I've heard jockeys do it too. I know about all of the sports. 😁

• Love 3

While I can certainly appreciate Miesha's dedication and discipline, that same rigid control seems to have leaked to all aspects of her personality.  When she was talking about how "ecstatic" she was that she won the veto, her expression and tone were the same as when she was talking about being upset that Carson won the veto last week.   I guess that's what it means to have a game face, but I wish she'd allow herself to loosen up and have a little fun.  Robot Sam (pre-crazy Aunt Sam) was more fun to watch than Robot Miesha.  Now that her directive has been met (Must. Get. Carson. Out.), maybe she'll relax some.  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, leocadia said:

When she was talking about how "ecstatic" she was that she won the veto, her expression and tone were the same as when she was talking about being upset that Carson won the veto last week.   

Absolutely. But I'm convinced that she's had a lot of Botox and filler. (JMHO.) When she smiles half of her face doesn't move at all. I don't think she's an extremely expressive person anyway, but this is more than that. 

Last night, during the family video, she was clearly emotional, but her face wasn't moving properly. 

• Love 4

You're kidding, right?  Two hours to execute a foregone conclusion with zero chance of modification.  Shame on me for wasting my time.  At least I was able to FF the ridiculous bits where Carson and Cynthia discussed her winning the comp and saving Carson.  As if.

I did not enjoy Jerry O'Connell.  If you're such a big superfan, then just say what you see.  No need for the demurring and the self-effacing introductions and the superficial assurances that EVERYONE is doing just GREAT.  He couldn't even say he would have bet on Chris Hardwick staying longer without adding a PSA emphasizing that he didn't endorse gambling.  Please.

The only thing I found interesting was Meisha's insistence that she needed Lamar to be quiet so she could "focus" on her comp answers without distraction.   Okay, the switching around has ended--either you know which vehicle has the target or you don't.  Was Meisha suggesting she was replaying part or all of the sequence in her head?

I couldn't keep up at all.  I'd love to know what strategy Meisha was using that she needed to concentrate so hard before her choice.

LOL/eyeroll at Carson considering "today" that maybe cutting his own alliance member's throat wasn't the best game move.  Julie wants to see his face when he finally learns how hard he was played as much as any of us.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, candall said:

I did not enjoy Jerry O'Connell.  If you're such a big superfan, then just say what you see.  No need for the demurring and the self-effacing introductions and the superficial assurances that EVERYONE is doing just GREAT

When he was talking about how "controlling" Toddrick was, I kept thinking, "Oh just come out and say he's being an asshole in the context of the game".  You know that's what he meant, coded language notwithstanding.  Miesha is hyper-focused on winning, but Toddick really enjoys being mean.

Edited by leocadia
"toddick" was a typo, but I decided to leave it cuz it fits
  • Love 8

Man, can you imagine if Carson wasn't there what a joyless dirge of a season we'd have been 'treated' to (or even more joyless...)

Oh and yes the male UFC fighters are even worse in regard to weight cutting. It came up from amateur wrestlers always needing to "make weight" so it's pretty ingrained. Some are trying to change it and fight closer to a 'real' more healthy weight but change is slow to come.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Random Chance shines brightly in Nashville this day!😉

Nah, I’ve just had lots of practice; I’m a Tennessee Titans season ticket holder, and at the games they’ll always run a shell game like that at least once on the Jumbotrons for the fans during the breaks while y’all are watching the commercials at home.  😄

• Useful 1