Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Dear Heart

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

If memory serves Ty, Kyle, and Annie were nearly inseparable in s1 so I think its good that they all kind of branched out and found themselves a little.....but Annie really was horribly to Ty the first have of the season, and suddenly in this ep she's joking with both Kyle and Ty again...and doesn't apologize for being such a crappy friend to both of them all summer?

Also Dana Sue needs to tells Annie the truth about why she kicked Ronnie out....because I'm really getting tired of how Annie treats her mother so much of the time.

and BILL! BILL!!!!! Another kid!!!! Isaac! Doesn't that mean he cheated on Maddie years ago too? Because I thought they were High School sweethearts?

Edited by LadyChaos
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I 99% thought it was Bill the whole time. Of course it’d be the male that’d bring maximum drama. I thought there was a skinny chance it’d be Cal, like a 1% chance, but Bill brings more drama. Honestly, Isaac has been the MVP for me this season. I have 1 episode left, but I’m gonna hold off until I have time to enjoy with a margarita & chips/salsa 

• Love 4

Oh boy another kid for Bill! I thought it would be the mayor and tie into the recount. 

Ty is barely there in  acknowledging Rebecca and she's a baby. Another sibling is going to have him flip. 

• Love 2

Ok, this was the episode where it looks like they tried to get too clever with Helen’s IVF situation and messed it all up.

I’m assuming that because of the story constraints, Helen needs to be free to have either of her men as her sperm donor next season, so they needed to have her suddenly seem to decide to freeze her four unfertilised eggs instead of having them fertilised and going through a selection process and then trying to have them implanted.

Helen doesn’t seem to even have worked with the clinic to pick a sperm donor, as would be normal in the US. We’re missing the scenes of the ladies going through her donor options over drinks! That could have been absolutely hilarious. So that’s why I’m assuming they are keeping the IVF thing for whoever she picks as the father next season.

Since she is doing this as a single woman, this would typically be a more or less five day process fertilising the eggs with donor sperm and then of waiting to see which fertilised egg looked strongest and then, if there was one that looked promising, getting it into the uterus as quickly as possible. Or possibly if she didn’t want a baby immediately, freezing her embryos which have a much greater chance of survival than just eggs.

With only four viable eggs extracted and wanting to have already given birth by next summer (a pregnancy normally takes at least 40 weeks!), it’s crazy to have made the character apparently freeze her eggs for no reason. Unfertilised and frozen, with all likelihood only half (at the very most) of those eggs would survive being defrosted and then her chances of getting one to fertilise and implant are basically zero. She might even lose the one that could have worked because it didn’t defrost correctly.

Maybe they’ll amaze me next season and write that Helen has gone through with an unknown donor attempt. But after this episode, I doubt it (although at the rate that he’s gaining kids all over the place, if she want a guaranteed pregnancy she should ask Bill to donate!)

Edited by Lebanna
  • Useful 1

I really don’t like Peggy. She just seems like a terrible person. She kept that secret from Bill for 20 years. When she met Isaac she ran away, but she yelled at Bill not to walk away when she told him in the town square. He deserved to hear this news in private. Then she refused to give him a private moment with Isaac. 

• Love 5
On 2/7/2022 at 1:49 AM, SonofaBiscuit said:

Ahahahahahaha, so Bill is the bio dad, OMG! They tried to fake us out with both Ryan and the Mayor. I can’t believe Bill has FIVE kids with three different women, holy crap. And now Isaac is living with his baby sister, gah!

My main thought was, "Dear god, thank you for making Issac gay because any flirtation with Noreen would have been AWKWARD in retrospect."

On 2/24/2022 at 11:29 AM, Jeddah said:

I really don’t like Peggy. She just seems like a terrible person. She kept that secret from Bill for 20 years. When she met Isaac she ran away, but she yelled at Bill not to walk away when she told him in the town square. He deserved to hear this news in private. Then she refused to give him a private moment with Isaac. 

sorry for responding late i just discovered the show, but holy sugar - Peggy needs a slap.  and I agree I don't like her either. Bill had every right to know, he had the right to be told in private and he had every right to ask to speak to his new found kid in private without her.

but oh my stars - i legit thought it was the mayor LOL but poor Ty. his world is gonna get rocked. again

• Love 2

I totally thought it was going to be the mayor as Isaac’s dad. Never even thought it could be Bill, but that definitely lends way more drama to the story. 

• Love 1