Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Reacher Said Nothing

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why would these Venezuelan thugs be taking direction from Dawson Kliner?

Kliner was making counterfeit US cash and shipping it south to a Venezuelan criminal organization. There was a hiccup, so two heavies were dispatched from Venezuela to assist in the clearing of the blockage.

• Applause 1
10 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why would these Venezuelan thugs be taking direction from Dawson Kliner?

I think the show made a mistake having Kliner be the last guy standing, for the big pool battle. Kliner is half Reacher's size, and there is no indication he has any fighting skills. Yet he almost took Reacher out (failing to shoot Reacher while he was at the bottom of the pool). They should have had done of the Venezuelan hitters be a good-sized, ex-military guy, and had the two military guys face off. They have already hinted at the S American military angle.

Then again, I doubt Reacher's skills as well. He seems to win simply because he refuses to die, vs. any actual ability. I mean, pulling the car driver out of the car, *right next to the easily pushed horn button*, was pretty dumb. That guy should have hit the horn by accident.

Separately ... so Reacher had some kind of bizarre strength, even as a skinny kid? Is that part of the backstory? Is it ever explained, especially since his brother is right next to him, and is also a skinny kid, and I assume wasn't as strong.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I think the show made a mistake having Kliner be the last guy standing, for the big pool battle. Kliner is half Reacher's size, and there is no indication he has any fighting skills. Yet he almost took Reacher out (failing to shoot Reacher while he was at the bottom of the pool). They should have ha done of the Venezuelan hitters be a good-sized, ex-military guy, and had the two military guys face off.

Then again, I doubt Reacher's skills as well. He seems to win simply because he refuses to die, vs. any actual ability. I mean, pulling the car driver out of the car, *right next to the easily pushed horn button*, was pretty dumb. That guy should have hit the horn by accident, in any case.

Separately ... so Reacher had some kind of bizarre strength, even as a skinny kid? Is that part of the backstory? Is it ever explained, especially since his brother is right next to him, and is also a skinny kid, and I assume wasn't as strong.

The crowbar might not have been as great of an equalizer as Mr. Colt's revolver but since he was able to get a hit in. I just thought it was weird that the team in their clean up gear went in all tactical and here he was with a snub nosed revolver. Lucky for Reacher, that was. However I missed why was a crowbar in  the room

38 minutes ago, Ottis said:

They threw out a little comment about how he was twelve, and was big for his age.

2 hours ago, Raja said:

The crowbar might not have been as great of an equalizer as Mr. Colt's revolver but since he was able to get a hit in. I just thought it was weird that the team in their clean up gear went in all tactical and here he was with a snub nosed revolver. Lucky for Reacher, that was. However I missed why was a crowbar in  the room

The crowbar was used to break into the front door. No hit squad leaves any tools behind. They wore clean up gear so not to leave DNA and they went in armed because they had no idea what they would meet. These guys were killing cops who are armed and know how to use their weapons, plus Reacher is the terminator,

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ottis said:

I think the show made a mistake having Kliner be the last guy standing, for the big pool battle. Kliner is half Reacher's size, and there is no indication he has any fighting skills.

This was a departure from the source material. I'm not sure if it's OK to give details here so 

Spoiler

There were three Kliners. Father, son (who was as big as Reacher if not bigger, and also psycho), and uncle (who was the shooter with the silenced, small-caliber automatic, and the brains behind the operation). They did away with the uncle, made the kid the brains and the shooter, and introduced the weedy cousin to be the psycho. And didn't have anyone comparably sized, for Reacher to contend with.

• Useful 4

Dammit, I knew there was a reason they randomly showed Picard looking suspicious the last episode, so of course he's part of this whole operation.  You've done a major disservice to a great name, asshole!

For a second, I thought Reacher was going to create a TV-MA version of Home Alone with that hit squad, but I should have known he wouldn't bother with theatrics and basically just go John Rambo on all of them.  At least he still got in some brutal kills, although Dawson did put up more of a fight than I expected.  I guess having a crowbar can help in a fight with Reacher, but it still only ended up being a temporary equalizer.

Can safely say I never would have predicted that I'd see Finlay "Kool-Aid Man" his way out of a situation.  Suspect he wouldn't have predicted that either!

Curious about that final shot, because I couldn't tell if they were also pointing guns at Teale too.  I guess I'll find out in a few!

I thought it was odd that Dawson almost got the best of Reacher.  Not like he was sucker punched or caught by surprise.  Reacher has easily dispatched all these guys to date, many of them bigger than Dawson.  And suddenly, he's getting his ass handed to him by a man half his size?  He couldn't get the crowbar away from him?   

• Like 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I thought it was odd that Dawson almost got the best of Reacher.  Not like he was sucker punched or caught by surprise.  Reacher has easily dispatched all these guys to date, many of them bigger than Dawson.  And suddenly, he's getting his ass handed to him by a man half his size?  He couldn't get the crowbar away from him?   

I was seeing an early hit to the head with a crowbar and thinking Reacher should be dead.

• LOL 1
49 minutes ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I missed the hit to the head, I thought Reacher blocked it.  It was just weird to me that Reacher has taken down multiple men in a fight, and yet barely handled the one-on-one with Dawson that he saw coming. 

Close enough, the block that saves your life  takes the arm doing the blocking out of the fight.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

Close enough, the block that saves your life  takes the arm doing the blocking out of the fight.

And he didn’t have any injuries to his face afterwards. My husband says I’m taking the fun out of it. But if he was luke cage fine. Or wolverine. But he’s supposed to be a strong human. He should be visibly bloodied and injured. 

On 2/9/2022 at 1:04 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

I'm just watching the series now and yes I was shouting at the TV 'Come On' when he was getting the best of Reacher.   I guess they wanted to create some drama but with the way Reacher's been depicted before, he should've knocked Dawson out right away.

• Like 1