Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Knick-Knacks and Doodads

• Start Topic

Sam begins to bond with fellow members of Choir Practice, but her burgeoning friendship with Joel is threatened over competing outlooks on their future in Kansas. After a disappointing job review and a concerning visit to her parents’ house, an increasingly distraught Sam seeks help from someone close to Holly.

Airing Sunday, January 23, 2022.

I was so pissed at Sam when she was being mean to Joel, who is, like, the personification of hope and joy and candy snd sunbeams. It was like watching her kick a golden retriever puppy. So glad she realized she was being toxic snd went to make up with him. 

Hot neighbor is hot. 

• Love 12

Yeah, why are they making Sam so selfish?  I realize she’s grieving her sister’s death, but you need to perform the job you’re being paid to do.  It’s not a social program you go to hang out and not work.  Then she’s mean to her friend about his vision board.  I’m not sure why they’re  painting her as unlikable.  This actress is hysterical.  I’m not sure why the’re  messing with that. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2022 at 11:33 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, why are they making Sam so selfish?  I realize she’s grieving her sister’s death, but you need to perform the job you’re being paid to do.  It’s not a social program you go to hang out and not work.  Then she’s mean to her friend about his vision board.  I’m not sure why they’re  painting her as unlikable.  This actress is hysterical.  I’m not sure why the’re  messing with that. 

I don’t think they are making Sam seem selfish. Other than asking her parents to let her sleep on their couch, which is sad in itself, she isn’t asking others for anything.  She is a lost soul. She was probably lost before her sister died but at least during the time she cared for her she had some purpose.  Now she is back home and adrift.

It must be sad to feel like an outsider in the town you grew up in. Hopefully she is starting to make connections.

• Love 9

As a 52-year-old woman who has lived in Kansas all her life, I'd like to tell Joel - I know a lot of out gay couples in Kansas who live in houses with nice kitchens and who have kids and go to Europe on vacation, so dream your dreams, Joel! 

• Like 1
  • Love 15

Loving this so far, and I too, wish I could hang out with these people. It looks like Sam may have further responsibilities caring for her aging parents. Looks like Mom has alcohol problems, and Dad seems a bit lost. Her surviving sister is a bit of a nightmare, and yeah, I'm sure the brother-in-law probably has a hidden life. Did anyone catch what was sticking out of his back pocket when he was playing video games? Sam was looking at it, but I couldn't make out what it was - looked like a big wad of cash?

I love Sam's relationship with her niece. I have no siblings, so I never got to be a cool aunt.

• Love 4
On 1/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, Dminches said:

Other than asking her parents to let her sleep on their couch, which is sad in itself, she isn’t asking others for anything.  

She's sleeping on Holly's couch.  Holly apparently had a 1 bedroom house, and Sam doesn't want to sleep in her bed.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3