Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

On 6/26/2024 at 4:54 AM, StellaCL said:

I am shocked they are releasing info on social media this year. Trying to keep new fans interested maybe?

Could well be. But I suspect Netflix strongly encourages any extra publicity to boost the show’s popularity.

And Kelli &co  have probably realised that you simply cannot keep people off SM or the internet all together. It’s 2024! If you cannot control that, then it’s best to share the news on your own terms.

• Like 4
On 6/25/2024 at 10:54 PM, StellaCL said:

2024 Groups! Still 9 cuts to make though, so they may have to shuffle a few after team announcement.

I am shocked they are releasing info on social media this year. Trying to keep new fans interested maybe?

Group leaders are not announced officially yet, but judging by this photo they appear to be:

Group 1: GL Chandi, GL2 KayDianna
Group 2: GL Megan, GL 2 Kelee
Group 3: GL Jada, GL 2 Tori
Group 4: GL Armani, GL 2 Lea

groups2024.jpg

I love getting to know this stuff closer to real time too. Is that Kylie in G4, 3rd from the right?

• Like 1
On 7/6/2024 at 1:09 PM, M1977G said:

I love getting to know this stuff closer to real time too. Is that Kylie in G4, 3rd from the right?

Yes that is Kylie.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

I haven't seen all the boot buddy families, but has anybody noticed if any rookies got cut yet?

No cuts all boot buddies have been posted everyone still in tc 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

No cuts all boot buddies have been posted everyone still in tc 

At this point is seems cruel to drag out nine cuts this far.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ...And5678 said:

According to a poster on Reddit, the first three cuts are Paris, Savannah, and Hayden.

What subreddit is that on? I'd love to follow along on Reddit, as well. Thanks! 

On 7/10/2024 at 1:10 AM, ...And5678 said:

According to a poster on Reddit, the first three cuts are Paris, Savannah, and Hayden.

Two brunettes and a blonde have been cut, this is shaping up to be another mostly blonde squad. 

Still rooting for Charly, Dayton, and the TCU girls. 

• Like 6
On 7/11/2024 at 5:19 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Two brunettes and a blonde have been cut, this is shaping up to be another mostly blonde squad. 

Still rooting for Charly, Dayton, and the TCU girls. 

I hope Dayton makes it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bernie2018 said:

Dang! Read on Reddit, Dayton was cut...Truth?! 🥺

Also on Reddit... Kinsy and Kayla G. (this is rookie candidate Kayla, not returning vet who was cut last season) were cut along with Dayton. Jenna was called into the office but not cut. TC extended into next week to make the final cut due to wanting Charlotte's opinion and the competition being tight.

Kinsy apparently was originally supposed to be cut last week then talked her way out of it, but unfortunately that doesn't usually work in the long run. Sad for Kayla - I really liked her look! I wasn't super invested in rooting for Dayton, but I am disappointed for her since she's worked for so many years to make this team and fallen short. Wishing all three the best.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Gosh I've been so busy the past two days, but I just saw the news. Man I am so bummed about Dayton 😭😭😭

The one time I wanted them to pull the "nepo" card and they decide not to do it lol 🤣

I'm also sad about Kinsy but not as much as I am about Dayton. 

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Gosh I've been so busy the past two days, but I just saw the news. Man I am so bummed about Dayton 😭😭😭

The one time I wanted them to pull the "nepo" card and they decide not to do it lol 🤣

I'm also sad about Kinsy but not as much as I am about Dayton. 

From what I heard Kinsey was suppose to of been cut last week but talked them out of it 

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

From what I heard Kinsey was suppose to of been cut last week but talked them out of it 

Yeah I saw that too. They must have really liked her for her to let them talk her out of cutting her. Reminds me of Ashley W. from S16

• Like 1

So I'm currently working on the squad photo predictions for this year, and I just realized that with the recent cuts there is a good chance that the squad will not be a mostly blonde squad like I thought it would be at the beginning of training camp. I have to go back and look at the makeovers to double check and make sure, but that back line is starting to look like a mostly brunette back line.

Depending on how they want their squad photo to look like this year, I predict it'll either look like last year's photo or a rendition of the 2021 photo. I personally would love to see the 2021 photo with Kelee, Armani, and Chandi / Jada taking the place Gina, Lexi and Ashlee in the center triangle. But that's just my opinion and it'll also depend on whether or not this year will be 36 or 37.

• Like 2

Dayton got cut? Wow poor Dayton. I wonder how and why she came back in the first place. She seems to have moved on from DCC last time she tried. Poor shelly too. Is she still commuting from wherever she moved to (forgot where), to the cowboys for work etc?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I know I'm taking my life in my hands by saying this and I will get downvoted to heck, BUT I think it might be possible to admit that Dayton isn't cut out to be a DCC.  I remember the last time she was cut she ended up getting a job dancing for a cruise line and her contract was ended early.  I just wonder if, while Dayton is beautiful and I think her movements are very lovely and graceful maybe she just doesn't have the power and stamina needed for a job like a DCC or other demanding dance jobs.  It doesn't mean shes a bad dancer just not for her.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, erikaelvis said:

I know I'm taking my life in my hands by saying this and I will get downvoted to heck, BUT I think it might be possible to admit that Dayton isn't cut out to be a DCC.  I remember the last time she was cut she ended up getting a job dancing for a cruise line and her contract was ended early.  I just wonder if, while Dayton is beautiful and I think her movements are very lovely and graceful maybe she just doesn't have the power and stamina needed for a job like a DCC or other demanding dance jobs.  It doesn't mean shes a bad dancer just not for her.

No downvotes here..that is Reddit!  

MTT showed Dayton having lots of memory lapses.  That might be why.  She looks beautiful in her pics but the team goes so fast that if you make one mistake it is kinda hard to catch up.  Wonder if she tried to get the dances down before camp but other dances were taught?    I would have liked to have seen now how she fitted into the uniform vs before.  She seems leaner.  

I was so impressed when Melissa showed up for camp and never missed a beat.  (Melissa..biomedical).  

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

From where I’m sitting I count 37 still in training camp. They could cut one more or make it a team of 37

They made their last cut, Jenna. It's now at 36.

(edited)

Congratulations to the rookie class of 2024!!! We now have 12 more names to add to the DCC Name Database. If anyone has the last names of any of the rookies that I am missing (plus Taylor from last year cause I cannot seem to find her surname anywhere) please let me know. Also remember that I've gotten all of this data from a mixture of different sources including Pompedia, the Dallas Cowboys website, and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders website, so if there are any mistakes or errors please let me know. Now with all of that out of the way, here are the updated records. 

ABBY (second of her name. Fun fact: Abby is the first name on the DCC database)
1. Abby Camille Bertrand (2013, 2014)
2. Abby Summers (2024)

ALLISON (fifth of her name. Fun fact: All DCCs with the name Allison have all been one year wonders)
1. Allison Dobson (1983)
2. Allison Hopkins (1988)
3. Allison Pierce (1989)
4. Allison McCurdy (1996)
5. Allison Hong (2024)

ARIEL (first of her name. I love this name and I am so happy I can finally add it to the list. Where are my Little Mermaid girlies at? lol)
1. Ariel Brumfield (2024)

AVA (first of her name and our first comeback girl of this class) 
1. Ava Lahey (2024)

CHARLY (first of her name and another comeback girl. Love her, and I hope we'll see her shine on the team. I see future point in her) 
1. Charly Barby (2024)

DARAH (first of her name. Fun fact there is another Dara (Dara McFarlane (2007) but it is without the H. Therefore it is considered a new name) 
1. Darah Haidet (2024)

JULISSA (first of her name and fellow Latina. I have been following her on Jenn's classes so I'm excited that she made the team)
1. Julissa Garcia (2024)

KELLY (the EIGHT of her name. And that's not including the other name variations. We will talk more about Kelly later. Another comeback girl, I'm glad she made the team alongside her friend Charly. Now the trio is complete lol) 
1. Kelly Williams (1976)
2. Kelly Ann Gray (1981, 1982)
3. Kelly McKee (1983)
4. Kelly Zaloudek (1983, 1985)
5. Kelly Drake (1991, 1992, 1993)
6. Kelly Kirchoff-Stus (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
7. Kelly Jo Stauffacher (2007)
8. Kelly Villares (2024)

MADIE (first of her name. I have semi PTSD with the Maddie / Madeline debacle with Madeline "Maddie" Massingill, but because this is Madie with 1 D, I am safe...for now lol)
1. Madie Krueger (2024)

MICHELLE (the biggest name of them all. She is now the ELEVENTH of her name. Again will talk more about Michelle later.)
1. Michelle Vaughan (1978, 1979)
2. Michelle Cole (1982, 1983)
3. Michelle Druga (1986, 1994)
4. Michelle Musick (1988, 1989)
5. Michelle Starr (1991)
6. Michelle Parma (1993, 1994)
7. Michelle Gill (1994)
8. Michelle Jones (1996)
9. Michelle Mozek (2007)
10. Michelle Keys (2008, 2009, 2010)
11. Michelle Siemienowski (2024)

SOPHIA (first of her name. I am honestly surprised we haven't had any Sophia or Sofia in DCC until now. I could have sworn we had one before. Oh well)
1. Sophia Brown (2024)

TRINITY (first of her name. Another TCU girlie made the team let's goooooo. I'll always root for a TCU showgirl) 
1. Trinity Miles (2024)

=======================================================

Ok now that most of that is done (I'll go back and edit it once I figure out all of their last names) now comes the fun part, because now that we have a new Kelly and a new Michelle, the list of most common DCC names has changed slightly

MOST COMMON NAMES
Only includes names with 7 girls and over

KIM (11 girls + 1 one guy) I finally found out why I put 12 under the name Kim on my first draft of the list, and it's because there was a guy on The Cowbelles & Beaux named Kim lol. Now whether or not you want to include him or not it is up to you.
DEBBIE (11 girls)
JENNIFER (11 girls)
MELISSA (11 girls)
SUSAN (11 girls)
MICHELLE (11 girls) Michelle goes from 10 to 11 this year, but her placement doesn't really change
KELLY (8 girls) Kelly goes from 7 to 8 this year and surpasses Amy Becky, Carolyn, and Christina
LISA (8 girls)
MARY (8 girls)
AMY (7 girls)
BECKY (7 girls)
CAROLYN (7 girls)
CHRISTINA (7 girls)

Anyways, congrats to the rookies. Also congrats to Chandi for becoming a 6th year vet (the first since Jenna back in 2017) and for becoming co-point with Jada (who's also a member of the 5th year vet club along with Armani) I'll post my squad photo predictions another time. 

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
got the surnames lol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Anyways, congrats to the rookies. Also congrats to Chandi for becoming a 6th year vet (the first since Jenna back in 2017) and for becoming co-point with Jada (who's also a member of the 5th year vet club along with Armani) I'll post my squad photo predictions another time. 

Oh, I missed that Jada and Chandi are co-points this year! That's fantastic!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Congratulations to the rookie class of 2024!!! We now have 12 more names to add to the DCC Name Database. If anyone has the last names of any of the rookies that I am missing (plus Taylor from last year cause I cannot seem to find her surname anywhere) please let me know. Also remember that I've gotten all of this data from a mixture of different sources including Pompedia, the Dallas Cowboys website, and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders website, so if there are any mistakes or errors please let me know. Now with all of that out of the way, here are the updated records. 

ABBY (second of her name. Fun fact: Abby is the first name on the DCC database)
1. Abby Camille Bertrand (2013, 2014)
2. Abby (2024)

ALLISON (fifth of her name. Fun fact: All DCCs with the name Allison have all been one year wonders)
1. Allison Dobson (1983)
2. Allison Hopkins (1988)
3. Allison Pierce (1989)
4. Allison McCurdy (1996)
5. Allison Hong (2024)

ARIEL (first of her name. I love this name and I am so happy I can finally add it to the list. Where are my Little Mermaid girlies at? lol)
1. Ariel (2024)

AVA (first of her name and our first comeback girl of this class) 
1. Ava (2024)

CHARLY (first of her name and another comeback girl. Love her, and I hope we'll see her shine on the team. I see future point in her) 
1. Charly Barby (2024)

DARAH (first of her name. Fun fact there is another Dara (Dara McFarlane (2007) but it is without the H. Therefore it is considered a new name) 
1. Darah Haidet (2024)

JULISSA (first of her name and fellow Latina. I have been following her on Jenn's classes so I'm excited that she made the team)
1. Julissa Garcia (2024)

KELLY (the EIGHT of her name. And that's not including the other name variations. We will talk more about Kelly later. Another comeback girl, I'm glad she made the team alongside her friend Charly. Now the trio is complete lol) 
1. Kelly Williams (1976)
2. Kelly Ann Gray (1981, 1982)
3. Kelly McKee (1983)
4. Kelly Zaloudek (1983, 1985)
5. Kelly Drake (1991, 1992, 1993)
6. Kelly Kirchoff-Stus (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
7. Kelly Jo Stauffacher (2007)
8. Kelly Villares (2024)

MADIE (first of her name. I have semi PTSD with the Maddie / Madeline debacle with Madeline "Maddie" Massingill, but because this is Madie with 1 D, I am safe...for now lol)
1. Madie (2024)

MICHELLE (the biggest name of them all. She is now the ELEVENTH of her name. Again will talk more about Michelle later.)
1. Michelle Vaughan (1978, 1979)
2. Michelle Cole (1982, 1983)
3. Michelle Druga (1986, 1994)
4. Michelle Musick (1988, 1989)
5. Michelle Starr (1991)
6. Michelle Parma (1993, 1994)
7. Michelle Gill (1994)
8. Michelle Jones (1996)
9. Michelle Mozek (2007)
10. Michelle Keys (2008, 2009, 2010)
11. Michelle (2024)

SOPHIA (first of her name. I am honestly surprised we haven't had any Sophia or Sofia in DCC until now. I could have sworn we had one before. Oh well)
1. Sophia (2024)

TRINITY (first of her name. Another TCU girlie made the team let's goooooo. I'll always root for a TCU showgirl) 
1. Trinity Miles (2024)

=======================================================

Ok now that most of that is done (I'll go back and edit it once I figure out all of their last names) now comes the fun part, because now that we have a new Kelly and a new Michelle, the list of most common DCC names has changed slightly

MOST COMMON NAMES
Only includes names with 7 girls and over

KIM (11 girls + 1 one guy) I finally found out why I put 12 under the name Kim on my first draft of the list, and it's because there was a guy on The Cowbelles & Beaux named Kim lol. Now whether or not you want to include him or not it is up to you.
DEBBIE (11 girls)
JENNIFER (11 girls)
MELISSA (11 girls)
SUSAN (11 girls)
MICHELLE (11 girls) Michelle goes from 10 to 11 this year, but her placement doesn't really change
KELLY (8 girls) Kelly goes from 7 to 8 this year and surpasses Amy Becky, Carolyn, and Christina
LISA (8 girls)
MARY (8 girls)
AMY (7 girls)
BECKY (7 girls)
CAROLYN (7 girls)
CHRISTINA (7 girls)

Last Names:

Taylor Alteri-Hults. She may just go by Taylor Alteri, not entirely sure.

Abby Summers
Ariel Brumfield
Ava Lahey
Madie Krueger
Michelle Siemienowski
Sophia Brown

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 4
11 hours ago, StellaCL said:

DCC 2024 team!

2024team.jpg

Who is in the 2nd row holding a uniform? She appears to be wearing blue and not pink (also isn't included in the rookie-only photos I've seen on insta showing the 12 ladies in pink), but I also can't place her as a vet or figure out why she'd have a uniform if she wasn't a rookie. 

50 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Can you name the rookies (L-R)? I'm not sure whose is who.

People just posted an article with all of the rookies. https://people.com/meet-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-rookies-2024-8682401

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, KickBallFall said:

Who is in the 2nd row holding a uniform? She appears to be wearing blue and not pink (also isn't included in the rookie-only photos I've seen on insta showing the 12 ladies in pink), but I also can't place her as a vet or figure out why she'd have a uniform if she wasn't a rookie. 

People just posted an article with all of the rookies. https://people.com/meet-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-rookies-2024-8682401

Kayla hayes. She was a rookie in 2022-2023 season, she was cut during the 2023-2024 season, and just remade the team for the 2024-2025 season. She should be a 3rd year. 

Edited by Lindsay Loo Hoo
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Can you name the rookies (L-R)? I'm not sure whose is who.

The lighting in the photo is not great.
L-R:
Abby, Allison, Madie, Julissa, Michelle, Darah, Trinity, Ava, Kelly, Charly, Ariel, Sophia

2024team.jpg

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

The lighting in the photo is not great.
L-R:
Abby, Allison, Madie, Julissa, Michelle, Darah, Trinity, Ava, Kelly, Charly, Ariel, Sophia

2024team.jpg

Thanks. I only one I know is Ava because she's a former TCC.

21 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Last Names:

Taylor Alteri-Hults. She may just go by Taylor Alteri, not entirely sure.

Abby Summers
Ariel Brumfield
Ava Lahey
Madie Krueger
Michelle Siemienowski
Sophia Brown

Thank you so much. You are a life saver :)

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, JarlenaFan2024 said:

Am I looking right at the squad photos or did it get deleted? https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/

It probably got taken down to get ready for the new one. I've seen some pro cheerleader squads do that. Some will delete the older one and others keep it up until the new squad is chosen.

I think the Raiderettes had theirs up right away because they take pics of the TCCs in the uniform in TC.

• Like 1

Ok quick squad photo prediction before they upload the cameo photos lol. I predict they'll use either the 2021 version of the squad photo or a photoshopped version of the 2017 squad photo, in terms of the backline (since they have 12 rookies, they can have 8 in the back row and five in the 2nd back row with the middle girl being a 2nd year vet.)

I really hope that a) we get a HQ squad photo and b) it's IRL instead of photoshopped, but considering the fact that we got neither of these for 2023, my expectations are on the ground. 

Anyways, I made a mockup of how I would want the squad photo to look like, if we go by my prediction that they're gonna do the 2021 version (they could also just do a rendition of last year's photo but I want some variety if we are still gonna use photoshop 🙄)

2021 Squad Photo
My Mockup Squad Photo (sadly I'm gonna have to link it cause my file is "too big for primetimer" lol) 

I'll probably update it when the cameo photos come out, since we probably won't see the squad photo until around October-November, so stay tuned 🙂

• Like 2

I bet it will be another photoshopped squad picture. Even the DCRB had a photo shopped one last year. That has to suck for the rookies because part of the fun was taking it and they always showed it on in the old MTT show.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
(edited)

After watching the performance videos from Oxnard, I really think that Sophy should have been point this year. My eye just goes right to her. Here is my version  of the triangle:

Sophy

Chandi             KD

Tori             Jada         Megan

The only thing I'm not thrilled about is Tori/Megan being on the ends since they're so tall and it might be too much contrast with Chandi/KD being short

Edited by dccfan204
  • Like 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

After watching the performance videos from Oxnard, I really think that Sophy should have been point this year. My eye just goes right to her. Here is my version  of the triangle:

Sophy

Chandi             KD

Tori             Jada         Megan

The only thing I'm not thrilled about is Tori/Megan being on the ends since they're so tall and it might be too much contrast with Chandi/KD being short

I think the Chandi-Jada point split looked awkward with the Oxnard footage. The height difference was glaring. They are both phenomenal but I wouldn't have paired those two as split point.

I will riot in my head if KD returns in 2025 and isn't in the triangle. Love her or hate her, her performance style is better than most. This is her third year in a row in row 4. She will probably get the Jalyn treatment though. 

Sophy is a star, but I wouldn't have put her as point yet - we still have KD, Kelee, Jada, Armani, Chandi, and Lea as phenomenal brunettes. After they retire it is going to be a huge run of blondes - IMO the most likely point/triangle material is Sophy-Darah-Ava. I would bypass the 2023 rookies for point entirely, none stand out to me as point material. But that is just me.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
On 8/6/2024 at 1:34 PM, StellaCL said:

Sophy is a star, but I wouldn't have put her as point yet

How about a Chandi/Megan split point? Here's what I'm thinking:

Chandi

Megan             Sophy

Armani            Jada                KD

Megan

Chandi              KD

Tori               Jada            Sophy

1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

How about a Chandi/Megan split point? Here's what I'm thinking:

Chandi

Megan             Sophy

Armani            Jada                KD

Megan

Chandi              KD

Tori               Jada            Sophy

It’s actually been announced Chandi and Jada are point 

On 8/6/2024 at 7:34 PM, StellaCL said:

I think the Chandi-Jada point split looked awkward with the Oxnard footage. The height difference was glaring. They are both phenomenal but I wouldn't have paired those two as split point.

Jay! Chandi as point!😍
Just watched the Oxnard footage and see what you mean.
There were only 16 DCC on a relatively small stage, and when they’s so close together, Jada’s height stands out, especially as point. It probably looks better when all 36 are doing Thunderstruck in the stadium. 

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Holly85 said:

It’s actually been announced Chandi and Jada are point 

New predictions below! The first three rows are confirmed:

Chandi

Sophy        Megan

Karley          Jada           Armani

Lea           Kelee            Tori              KD

X             X            Madeline          X             Kleine

Jada

Chandi       Megan

Sophy        Kelee         Armani

Karley         Lea             Tori             KD

X                X          Madeline          X          Kleine

Amanda, Kylie, and Marissa filling in the last 3 spots, with the shortest on the end (I'm guessing it's Marissa but not sure)

• Like 1