Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Heartburn, Woodstock and Ribs

jewel21
  • Start Topic

I wonder if anyone actually has a plan for this show. Now, after all the previous—and serious serious— diversions, they’re real going to have the two men who haven’t spent a lot of time together, riding off in the van??!?

The chef really, really bugs me, just like the guy who keeps coming on to every woman with a heartbeat.

• Love 8

You have to hand it to Jane Seymour. She doesn't look like she's had much - if any - plastic surgery on her face. She has just allowed herself to age naturally, and looks her age, lines and all. By now most actresses would have had their faces stretched and filled beyond recognition. 

Sad episode. The part with Cannoli at the end almost choked me up.

• Love 8

I wonder if they're trying to get rid of Middleditch, but can't due to contract? He hasn't been convicted of anything, yet. Still, actors have been fired for less scandalous behavior. Sending him off with Harry may be the safest plotline. Plus, Harry can verbally abuse him to his heart's content.

Poor Annaleigh! I hope she gets hazardous duty pay for every scene with Drew. It looks like they want to take it to a romance and I think that is nauseating. I like the rest of the cast, but just can't deal with this BS. 😪

• Love 5

I actually liked this episode.  I thought the conversation between Harry and Spencer hit on some common feelings when one’s spouse dies, that was my favorite scene of the episode.  The scene with Cannoli was very touching.  
Drew’s behavior in this episode made more sense than in some recent episodes, but I didn’t love that he seemed to be telling Gina not to be sad which to me is not healthy, if you’re sad it’s ok to feel that and acknowledge it.  
 I may be in the minority here but I don’t have a problem with Middleditch staying on the show, as long as the writing makes sense.  Also I think there’s been a “will they or won’t they” dynamic between Drew and Gina since the beginning of the show, and it’s okay with me if that continues or if they do start a romantic relationship.  
The chef is not funny and added nothing to the episode, IMO. 

Edited by CattyK
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CattyK said:

I thought the conversation between Harry and Spencer hit on some common feelings when one’s spouse dies, that was my favorite scene of the episode. 

I wonder if this was originally supposed to be a Drew-Harry conversation.

Cannoli deserves an Emmy. Or at least a biscuit. 

• Love 4

IF they're stuck with Middleditch, I also think that they should just get Drew and Gina together. It gives him a reason for being on the show and it's just an economy of characters with this show already having way too many characters. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I wonder if this was originally supposed to be a Drew-Harry conversation.

Cannoli deserves an Emmy. Or at least a biscuit. 

Spencer was able to tell Harry about how he unexpectedly cried after his wife died, which to me was deep coming from Spencer who is so gruff and cranky.  Drew wouldn’t have been able to say that to Harry because he hasn’t had that experience.  (That reminds me, Drew’s comment about his wife “getting everything” when they divorced seemed out of place in this episode.)

Cannoli really brings a lot of heart to the scenes he’s in.  It was sweet that Harry could talk to the dog when he couldn’t really talk to people.  

• Love 9
11 hours ago, CattyK said:

(That reminds me, Drew’s comment about his wife “getting everything” when they divorced seemed out of place in this episode.)

Yes, that was such a shack he was living in…at least 3 bedrooms worth

• Love 8

It feels like a totally different set of writers are hired for this show weekly.

Still can’t stand Drew. Really can’t stand the chef. Hasn’t Harry been through enough without putting him on a van trip with Drew?

And I have a feeling they will put Harry and Norma together before the end of the season.  Depending on what that week’s group of writers decides.

• Love 5

I'll give this show credit for one thing - I've never seen an "Is this person dead?" cliffhanger where the person was actually revealed to be dead at the beginning of the next episode.

I'm sure it's happened before, but I've literally never seen it until now.

This new concept for the series is working for me as a drama, but not at all as a comedy. It has a good cast for comedy, but the writers have drained the laughter from the series. Gina was pretty hilarious in season one, but they're too busy making her into a saint to tap into what made her so funny before.

And most of the attempts at humor from the new residents are painful. Yes, we get it, Spencer is a macho conservative who hates foreigners and the thought of urinating next to a trans person. That's really not going to make me laugh out loud.

Also, on a side note, Gina getting jealous of the woman who slept with Drew was not something I needed to witness.

• Love 7