Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E97: Afterparty: Wild Brides

• Start Topic

Host Keshia Knight Pulliam kicks off the season premiere of the Married at First Sight: Afterparty, and chats with Jasmina, Katina, and Lindsey about some behind the scenes beef between the brides, Olajuwon's behavior at the bachelor party, and Lindsey's boozy wedding day.

Airs Wednesday Jan 5th at 11:03PM EST.

Haven't been on this site for a few weeks, and when I didn't see Jamie tonight, I wondered if she'd gotten the axe.  Went online and it appears so.  I'm not surprised.  The sharks have been circling for a few seasons; i.e. former MAFS who appeared to be auditioning for the show.  Beth for sure...IMO she wanted it bad.  It appeared the show was also interested in Woody & Armani and also Gil.  But instead, they went with Rudy on The Cosby Show.  I knew I'd seen her before, but didn't make the connection until she said her name.  

I've never been a giant fan of Jamie's but I feel kind of sorry for her, especially if the show didn't give her the courtesy of telling her in advance.  That's sh*tty.    

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Empress1 said:

If he’s financially stable, cool. There’s more to life than work. I don’t have a sense that he is financially stable and I’m also not entirely sure that he wants to go back to his old profession - which I also don’t judge, as someone who intends to change fields this year. I just don’t have a sense of what his plans are, and that’s ok when it’s just you but if you’re partnered, you can’t really just wing it. It affects your spouse too.

Keisha Knight Pulliam? Rudy Huxtable? Well, damn. I’m still not watching what she hosts (the show is way too long as it is, I stopped watching at 10) but good for her.

Seriously i have never got the show that Jamie hosted anyway and totally not interested.  This show has taken up 7 hours of my TV time in two nights and that was barely tolerable, i know, my own poor choice, considering there are so many better choices I could be watching.

• Love 1

OK, I just caught up with the "Afterparty" and have some things to say.

First of all Jamie was no prize but I am not seeing any real difference here with Keisha so far.  The only reason there was any interest here was because Lindsey has no filter and revealed stuff she wasn't even asked to talk about.  Otherwise you could have superimposed Jamie over Keisha and pretty much had the same result save for some facial expressions and body language.  The only real difference was that Keisha made a remark about Jasmina's stepmom's reaction being a "typical Black mom's response".  If Jamie had ever said anything remotely referencing race she'd have been roundly condemned, even if (or maybe especially if) she had said that about white moms to a white woman.  I don't personally like that double standard, and hope we won't be treated to a future of similar remarks.   

Another thing I'm sensing already is that Jasmina gives off an air of thinking her shit don't stink.  I don't think being shy or introverted is the entire explanation for her demeanor.  It hit me because she was sitting next to Katina, who doesn't give off that vibe despite being tall and strikingly attractive.

The way Lindsey was going on about dating, almost winking at the camera at times, it feels like she's advertising that she's available.  That doesn't make me too confident that she and Mark worked out (not that I was confident anyway).  She said a belly was a deal breaker.  Well, he's not exactly svelte, so it's anyone's guess as to how she felt about that.  She seemed to indicate that some things about him were attractive but then said the kiss had no spark.  

Re: Mark - His last name is Maher which is of Irish descent, but I knew that already just by his appearance.  Also, I can't get over how much he looks like so many cops I've known in my life, even walks like one - Cops from both New York and New England.  Either that or a stevedore from 100 years ago that worked down on the docks.  He's a classic.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, I noticed in one of her dresses that she's got some belly herself.  

She does, considering how relatively skinny she is everywhere else.  Beer belly?  She strikes me as one of those people they call "skinny fat".

I never had a flat stomach either even when young and worked out all the time, but it didn't look weird like that.  Mine was hereditary.  My mom and grandma both had it too.

• Love 3

I finally got around to watching the aftershow. If you look closely, you’ll see that while all the other women were nursing their cocktails, Lindsey gulped hers down and there was nothing left in the glass. There was a toast toward the end, and Lindsey covered up the bottom of her glass so the audience wouldn’t see that the drink was long gone. Plus, she looked sooooo uncomfortable in that chair and kept squirming. It was hard to watch.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I could be wrong but I thought I heard that his GRANDmother was the one with dementia.

Grandma does have dementia and no longer recognizes Mark. He didn't really give details about his mom.

First of all Jamie was no prize but I am not seeing any real difference here with Keisha so far. 

I really liked Keisha. Jamie never stopped talking and because she had been on the first season of the show, everything came back to her and her experience and how CRAZY they all were to marry strangers. Keisha did a better job letting the cast actually answer questions (even though Lindsay steamrolled the entire conversation). Thus far, I think it's a good change though from what I have read, Jamie was treated badly when she was let go and I don't think she deserved that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I really liked Keisha. Jamie never stopped talking and because she had been on the first season of the show, everything came back to her and her experience and how CRAZY they all were to marry strangers. Keisha did a better job letting the cast actually answer questions (even though Lindsay steamrolled the entire conversation). Thus far, I think it's a good change though from what I have read, Jamie was treated badly when she was let go and I don't think she deserved that.

I think Keshia is good change.

Now is it "Married at First Sight: Afterparty" which gives seems to have put an end to Unfiltered.

• Love 2

I think Jamie got a really bad deal.  They didn't even tell her she was off the program?  She was outfit shopping and planning on flying to do the show?

Shame on them.  That's no way to do business. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think Jamie got a really bad deal.  They didn't even tell her she was off the program?  She was outfit shopping and planning on flying to do the show?

Shame on them.  That's no way to do business. 

You are right.  She sold two houses and was set to go to California the next day. Her and Doug did a lot of specials from that show, and made a lot of money from them.  Now, they both are up shits creek.  I wasn’t too crazy about them, but that was a nasty thing they did to her.  I’m surprised a show can do that.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

You are right.  She sold two houses and was set to go to California the next day. Her and Doug did a lot of specials from that show, and made a lot of money from them.  Now, they both are up shits creek.  I wasn’t too crazy about them, but that was a nasty thing they did to her.  I’m surprised a show can do that.

I'm not a huge fan of hers but I do think they did her dirty. 

I imagine she had a season to season contract and hadn't signed for this season yet. She had to be wondering why not when it was so close to time for her to leave. They must have a hell of an NDA since she really hasn't said much about it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

At least the set for the Afterparty looks so much better than the one for the reunion episodes last season. Lindsey is very talkative and lacks a filter. I do feel a little bad for her that her mom took off before the wedding. That's got to sting a bit. Katina and Jasmina are both really pretty. Keisha seems fine as a host.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, kristen111 said:

They only sold one house in NJ.  The sale lined up with starting a Patreon to show them living in a temporary RV.

They still have the house in Florida.

• Useful 1

If you watched the other two ladies, especially Jasmina's, expressions while Lindsey was blathering on and on about the quiet bride-to-be (can't remember her name) blocking her and sitting alone during the bachelorette party you can tell whose side they are on and it's not Lindsey's. Kesia let Lindsey dominate the conversation and she did. The other ladies barely had a chance to comment or get a word in edgewise. Her personality is going to be a bit much for Mark, and the cast members, to deal with. Too much ME, ME, ME.

• Love 1

Lindsay wasn't even on this episode of Afterparty this week and we're still talking about her?

I think Mark has his hands full and his demeanor this week didn't seem so enthusiastic.  But we'll see.

• Love 1
On 1/13/2022 at 5:01 PM, Yeah No said:

Lindsay wasn't even on this episode of Afterparty this week and we're still talking about her?

I think Mark has his hands full and his demeanor this week didn't seem so enthusiastic.  But we'll see.

Maybe I should give these different titles, this is a topic for the Jan 5th Afterparty.

• Love 2
On 1/14/2022 at 10:19 PM, Emma Snyder said:

Maybe I should give these different titles, this is a topic for the Jan 5th Afterparty.

Thanks for that and putting the date in too because I don't always remember the title.  I got confused up there.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Thanks for that and putting the date in too because I don't always remember the title.  I got confused up there.

And Lifetime does something really weird, not only do they give these episode numbers in the 90s, but they start at 99 and number them backwards as the season goes on.

• Useful 3