Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia in the Media

Awesome, Zahdii!

This:

Nikki was so full of love, acceptance, and getting to know one another, the aliens just patted her on the head and knocked her out again.  Look for her to become their mouthpiece if they decide to invade.

immediately made me think of this:

• Love 1

It's refreshing that Nikki's blog isn't the usual rehash of "your [sic] all jus jealus haterz," that some other Topes have reverted to. Still...

As the youngest of the Utopians Bri was quite brave for taking on so many responsibilities. I watched her grow in Utopia and I appreciate how she was able to transform with all the feedback she received. She took ownership for mistakes and learned from them, and was brave enough to admit it—I admire that so much about her.

When?

• Love 4

Got bored and decided to check in on some of the Utopians.  I didn't get to them all, but I got enough to pass the time.

Dave

I checked in on Jokers to see what the Utopians have been up to, and found that I missed Dave having a major fit on FB! 

It started out the 18th or 19th of November, when Dave posted on his FB that he'd set up a GoFundMe account because he wants $50,000 for expenses and stuff.  I think he might also want to set up his own barber shop or hair salon.  Anyway, lots of people posted their good wishes until one Andrea posted that she thought he should get a job instead of asking for handouts.  Suddenly people turned on the dissenter, who toyed with them like a cat with a mouse.  Dave at first tried to be calm and Godly, but one of his friends jumped in and wasn't quite as nice in his comments toward Andrea and anyone else who might agree with her.  Things settled down until the next day when Andrea posted again, saying that she thought he should cut hair to make money.  Turns out he'd posted on October 23 that he would give $10 haircuts.

It went on until Dave got annoyed enough to say that he wasn't asking for handouts, he was asking for Love Offerings.  Totally different, you see.  Later, he told Andrea to "just give some money already and stop trying to spin off of your boring life by commenting on things out of your league and ability... "What grade r u in"

Finally Dave posts "fuck you and your opinion Andrea and whoever thinks like u i dont need fake ppl im looking for those who looking for me!" followed by his FB disappearing.  I don't know if he took it down or just went private while he went on a blocking spree.

But his GoFundMe account is still active, and he's added a line that says that he'll give a free haircut to anyone who donates.  He won't have to give out many haircuts, though, as for all their support of him, only one of Daves supporters donated.  He's been stuck at $100 for two days now.

Read the screenshots here:
http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UtopiaDiscussion&Number=23311551&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=14&rc=&fpart=1

The GoFundMe page is here:  http://www.gofundme.com/hfym1s

Hex

Hex is selling her jewelry on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MovementJewelry

It's very amateurish and overpriced, but I imagine she'll sell a few items.  She says that 100% of the NET profits will be donated to charity, so I think she's probably going to pay herself for her time, and of course the taxes, shipping, and materials.  So depending on how long it takes to make a bracelet or earrings, and how much she thinks her time is worth, it's possible that not a lot will be left over for charity.

Also, Hex has a new FB status.  She's now 'in a relationship'. 

Bella

Bella has been on a FB posting spree.  She's playing up her relationship to Cuban painter Esteban Chartrand (1840-1883), and has announced that she's recreating one of his paintings and will be posting it for sale on eBay when ready.  Although she calls him her great great grandfather, she's at least one other generation removed from him, maybe two more.  Anyway, Esteban's paintings look nice, and if she has similar talent maybe she can make a few bucks based on talent and not notoriety.

She's posting stuff about chemtrails in the sky and why we should all be afraid of them.

Mentions that just weeks before going on the show she was diagnosed with hypothyriodism and that's why she was so pushy about wanting organic food and filtered water.  I have to wonder if the same person who diagnosed her earlier cancer (her) also diagnosed the hypothyroidism.  I also wonder why she failed to mention it when on the show, or why she was allowed on the show in the first place if a super-strict diet wasn't a matter of choice but a medically prescribed treatment to an actual illness.

She has several posts about 'hobbit houses' or 'cob houses', which are a lot like the hobbit houses seen in the movies.  She says she's designing one for herself which will feature a white baby grand piano and says that they can be built for as little as $500!  I guess she's thinking of using almost all reclaimed or found materials, and not thinking of the price of the land, hooking up utilities, tax codes, building permits and inspections, labor, or any of the other little annoyances that go with building a house.  Maybe she'll set up a GoFundMe account to buy the baby grand!  Can you imagine being the builder who tries to work with her on construction?  She'll have fits when they level the property or use any kind of mechanized equipment because that'll make the ground sad.  She'll probably want to bless every damned piece of material and flit around the site throwing holy basil at everyone.  I wonder if she'll have a composting toilet?  I bet she trains her cat to use the toilet instead of a litter box.  I could go on forever...

Her last post was just 13 hours ago, and it's about 'The One Minute Cure for Virtually All Diseases'.  She's not trying to sell it herself, she gives a link so someone else can sell it, and she's already got one person that's trying to cure her skin cancer using it and a coconut oil and almond moisturizer.  Read on and shudder:

I have a basal cell carcinoma on my face and read about using hydrogen peroxide on it. I was scheduled for a mohs surgery which is still a month away so I figured I had nothing to lose. I only did it for a week and forgot about it (as I usually do with these kinds of things lol) but I have to say it does seem to have gotten smaller. I've also stopped using facial moisturizer and am just using a coconut oil and almond oil mixture instead so I'm not sure which has had the effect. My dr still wants me to have it removed but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll give the hp another week and see if anything happens. I've also heard apple cider vinegar and baking soda are good.
Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 6
It went on until Dave got annoyed enough to say that he wasn't asking for handouts, he was asking for Love Offerings.

Well then, Dave gets, from me, a big Procreative Instructional Greeting, which sounds so much nicer than 'Go fuck yourself'.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 6
Mentions that just weeks before going on the show she was diagnosed with hypothyriodism and that's why she was so pushy about wanting organic food and filtered water.

I honestly wonder if she's mixed up about her actual diagnosis, assuming she was actually diagnosed by a medical professional.  I would have guessed she could easily be hyperthyroid, because I know someone who was hyperthyroid and had some very similar behaviors - in particular, the inability to stop talking and just listen sometimes (though I've also seen that in ADHD adults), weight loss,  and moods that were all over the board.  My friend spent a few days in a hospital with people thinking she was having a nervous breakdown until blood tests revealed hyperthyroidism.  (Neither condition (hyper- or hypo- ) requires organic food or filtered water specifically, but both are medically treatable.)

It went on until Dave got annoyed enough to say that he wasn't asking for handouts, he was asking for Love Offerings.

This is one of the most annoying thing about reality stars - they get to assume they've got a fan base that loves them and would support them, based on nothing more than the fact they were on a reality show.

• Love 3

About Dave- he was offering haircuts for $10. Yeah, you can't do that in most states. There is a specific license for beauticians, and it's illegal to cut hair for money if you aren't licensed. Beauticians take their profession seriously, and someone might have reported him, which is why he changed it to free haircuts. I remember someone when I was a teen, trying to give cheap haircuts, she received a letter warning her that she was breaking the law.

About Bella, yeah, there are all kinds of places that will diagnose a thyroid problem in anyone. If you're tired, or anxious, too fat, too thin, dry skin, oily scalp, anything at all. You have a thyroid problem and need to take these vitamins that I can sell you. Poor Bella is too gullible for her own good and someone is taking advantage of her.

• Love 2

About Bella - she strikes me as a person who HAS to have a health problem all the time, regardless of what a legit medical practitioner might find. She needs Dr. Red's herbal cure-all for her chronic stress. A high, mellow Bella would crack me up.

• Love 2
there are all kinds of places that will diagnose a thyroid problem in anyone. If you're tired, or anxious, too fat, too thin, dry skin, oily scalp, anything at all. You have a thyroid problem and need to take these vitamins that I can sell you.

Yeah, which is really unfortunate because actual thyroid problems are fairly common and can be identified with a couple of blood tests. And they're usually treatable with medication (or occasionally surgery or radioactive iodine) - but not vitamins - under a doctor's care.  I do hope that whatever Bella's dealing with (because she does seem to have some kind of issue), it's being handled through a real doctor and not someone trying to sell her vitamins.  She's already shown signs of being susceptible to anyone's suggestion (i.e. chemtrail conspiracists).

someone might have reported him, which is why he changed it to free haircuts.

Even if people are willing to support Dave through GFM, I can't imagine many people would want a free haircut from him, or are located where they can collect one even if they did.  At least Hex's jewelry venture has the benefit of offering something people can purchase without having to travel to wherever she is. Although there too, you can get the same quality at any children's craft fair, and would be contributing to something more worthwhile in the process.

• Love 1

Yeah, there's no "diet" for hyper or hypothyroidism. They are treated with medications or surgically, depending on the reasons for the problem.  Bella is just a harmless whackadoo, I guess, but it's a shame to see someone so gullible and so lost in incorrect beliefs.

• Love 2

Amanda had her public baby shower on the 22'nd, and she's now posted a thank you to her friends, family, and guests:

Hello All! I just wanted to share... My baby shower was absolutely amazing! I thank all my friends and family for putting together such a wonderful event in such little time. I really enjoyed myself. I received so many words of encouragement, blessings, and good wishes that it truly touched my heart. The amount of generosity was so great I couldn't even open everything for the sake of time. I want you all to understand how grateful I am to have you all in my corner. At times I feel so undeserving. You all have proven that good exist in the world. If only I could give you all a big hug and smooch! Your personal 'thank you' will be going out in the mail this week.Again, THANK YOU! Ps...pictures are to come, and my livestream person didn't work out :(

https://www.facebook.com/amanda.scott.505/posts/983068018374497

I'm feeling a bit annoyed at the embarrassment of riches coming her way.  She's going to have a zillion onesies that her baby will never wear.  I can't imagine how may diaper bags, pacifiers, receiving blankets, crib sheets, bouncy chairs, rattles, etc she's got.  Will she return the unneeded items for store credit or cash, or donate them to charity? 

I'm under the impression that she's living with one of her relatives, she's probably paying some rent, but she doesn't have to think about when all the other household bills are due and get them paid in time.  That is probably a good thing if she gets along with her hosts, but there has to be a lack of space, so where are all those gifts going to end up?  A storage unit?  Even if she wants to try to use every gift at least once, who's going to go to the storage unit every day or so to pack up the used stuff and search around the unit for items to replace what has just been put into storage?  It's not going to work.  She'd have been better off if she were to tell people to donate in her name to their local homeless shelter or similar charity.

Hex did a radio interview, and Jon Kroll called in and joined the conversation for a few minutes.  He said that Utopia is being maintained because there might be another show that will be filming there.  Gotta wonder if another network is going to try something similar (hopefully with a better cast and a more workable premise).  Anyone ready for another shot at live feeds?

• Love 2

Bella has surfaced

http://www.utopiamadness.com/2014/12/an-interview-with-bella-chartrand.html

OK, half way through the first interview and she is still nuts and the interviewer sucks. They have spent the entire time discussing bullying and Bella has yet to acknowledge that her behavior was horrible. She also thinks that she was a great champion for health and anti-fluoride stuff.

Edited by ProfCrash

Yeah, I couldn't make it through the interview, but she's done a couple recently and she's the same in all of them.  She's angling for her own reality show, and has hinted that one might possibly be in the works.  But this is Bella, and for all I know she accosted some PA for Toddlers and Tiara's, and they told her whatever they had to to get rid of her.   "Yeah, this is a great idea.  I'll tell the big boss.  Go wait for our call and we'll let you know."

Amanda tweeted just before 2 am on 12/7 that she was in labor.  Couldn't have been too far along if she was feeling like tweeting, then again in a first labor it's common for it to start and stop again.  Very annoying for sure.  Then, just before noon on 12/8 her mom updated that Amanda was in the last stage of labor but the nurses were still trying to turn the baby.

At approximately 4:15 pm that day it was announced that Amanda had a boy, named Langston Eric Scott-Moore.

Here's a pic:  http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=UtopiaDiscussion&Number=23321271&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=14&rc=&fpart=1

• Love 3