Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Slice Me Open, Dr. Procter

• Start Topic

After Dr. Procter postponed Corey's bariatric surgery and increased his weight loss target to 25 pounds, Corey tries to stay focused on his diet. A successful blind date provides a welcome boost of confidence before Corey's impending surgery approval.

Streaming on Discovery+

Original network air date 2021.12.22

Just now, Hellga said:

Is it just her new hairstyle, or did Renee gain quite a bit herself since the start of the series?   Did all the pounds Corey lost migrate over to her?

I think it's the hairstyle. I don't think she was that petite last week.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Anyone here?

I'm here! I haven't been watching this show but I started watching Corey last week more out of laziness and now I need to see his part 2.

His brother is amusing me as fashion consultant.

• Love 6

I actually get not waiting to get in shape before dating (been there myself with endless 'but first I need to...', not good) but why the picnic basket?  Surely he would benefit from going on a date that does not involve food!  There are plenty of non-food options. 

• Love 4
Just now, Hellga said:

Two bottles of wine, no food, and driving?  NOT a good idea!  

Uber time.....

Terran (?sp) seems to be a nice guy, Cory just seems to over sexualize things, which is a bit annoying, but think he tries to shock people with his words.

• Love 7
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

The date seemed nice but don’t think he is interested 

I have never met a person who couldn't give a meaningful answer to a simple question of what they like to do in their spare time.   But purely academic curiosity is one thing, wanting to get to know someone better as a person is totally another. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, String Theory said:

Uber time.....

Terran (?sp) seems to be a nice guy, Cory just seems to over sexualize things, which is a bit annoying, but think he tries to shock people with his words.

Corey does that thing of overcompensating for the societal desexualizing of big people. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, String Theory said:

Maybe some kind of defense mechanism?  I used to mentor a guy who came out when he was about 18 or 19, very young, just like Corey... and he also went way overboard and overexaggerated as a reaction to his stepfather really not being acceptive of him.  We lost touch a few months later because he was no longer interested in a career in healthcare at that point, got into political activism instead, so I don't know if he outgrew it and matured, or if he stayed that way...  he should be around 30 now.  Corey actually reminds me of him.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

Most yogurt is just a cup of sugar, Cory. Are you reading labels?

Full-fat non-sweetened Greek yogurt is the way to go.  Add some fresh berries for sweetness (I also add a bit of honey) and walnuts for extra protein - easy and healthy...  assuming you don't eat a whole pint at once.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

He really is and a great personality.  I would like to see more of him.

I thought so too.  But from my first impression I don't think he was too impressed (not that I blame him) with Corey

I mean, who brings two bottles of wine & no food (he can/does eat fruits & veggies) to a "picnic" and can't answer a simple question about his interests ( outside of HIS diet!)

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Full-fat non-sweetened Greek yogurt is the way to go.  Add some fresh berries for sweetness (I also add a bit of honey) and walnuts for extra protein - easy and healthy...  assuming you don't eat a whole pint at once.

I get unsweetened or TwoGood for yogurt. But usually low fat or no fat.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, String Theory said:

I thought so too.  But from my first impression I don't think he was too impressed (not that I blame him) with Corey

I mean, who brings two bottles of wine & no food (he can/does eat fruits & veggies) to a "picnic" and can't answer a simple question about his interests ( outside of HIS diet!)

I agree, sadly.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

I get unsweetened or TwoGood for yogurt. But usually low fat or no fat.

Since I discovered Cabot Greek yogurt, I never buy any other kind unless it is not available.  

I am glad Corey continued to progress.  I remember seeing his recent photos on one of the 'reality TV follow-up' sites, he looked like he lost quite a bit eventually.

• Love 3

I'm going to have to finish this ride tomorrow.  Good night all!

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

A little weird he is waxing on about lack of support when his brother, Aunt and friends are very supportive. 

translation: he wants his mom involved, but that isn't going to happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

A little weird he is waxing on about lack of support when his brother, Aunt and friends are very supportive. 

Yeah... they are here for him all the time.  Does he expect them to treat him like a newborn and spoonfeed him the right stuff and coo over him all day, all night?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Can he stop calling himself and others a bitch, though!  Got old last week.

Again, feel he uses it for shock/attention value.

It's irritating to say the least; perhaps when he gets surgery, he'll gain confidence and not have to rely on words to draw attention.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I think this is part of the mindset where he's the eternal victim, over-sexualization of everything, etc.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

See S-C, there you go trying to take away all of his dramatic, diva-like ways!

• LOL 4

I'm sure most surgeons have heard some weird stuff from patients under anesthesia. If they're halfway professional, they're not gonna act weird about it.

I like his brother more and more. "If you feel like you're gonna cry don't call me." (paraphrased)

9 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I have a recipe for a fruit sauce to mix in to yogurt (I guess it's a compote?); it uses 1/4 cup of sugar and two cups of fruit, but I'm guessing that's still less sugar than your average cup of yogurt. I put a couple spoonfuls in the bottom of an 8 ounce mason jar, fill with Greek yogurt, and I have my own fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt. When I eat it I'll often sprinkle a little granola or Grape Nuts cereal on top. My favorites are blueberry and cherry; usually use frozen fruit but I have used fresh blueberries and peaches as well.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Since I discovered Cabot Greek yogurt, I never buy any other kind unless it is not available.  

I am glad Corey continued to progress.  I remember seeing his recent photos on one of the 'reality TV follow-up' sites, he looked like he lost quite a bit eventually.

I love NON-FAT Greek yogurt.

I love FULL-FAT ricotta.

Go figure...

Oh, and NON-FAT large curd cottage cheese.

I am an enigma, wrapped in an anomaly,,,,,,, or sumthin' LOLOLOLOLOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I had dental surgery in a hospital, they put me right out. The nurse who put me to sleep was not the same nurse who woke me up. The new nurse was very pregnant and my stoned ass kept asking her when that happened and how long I was passed out. Embarrassing  but she was very professional 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1