Type keyword(s) to search

I Saw The Signs: A Rewatch Thread

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

This article has an even better description of it. 

Wow! So many of those descriptions of a narcissistic collapse totally fit the Kodouche we have been seeing lately!! That is frightening!

I begin to fear for Sobbyn and the tenders too, if it gets really out of hand.  If I were Sobbyn and had read this article I would be out of there so fast I'd create a dust cloud!

• Like 9
On 10/20/2023 at 4:36 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

What was Christine’s night job?

She worked in a grocery store. I think one of the people that cleans out the damaged produce. 

Christine was a good mother and caregiver but she leaned on Asypn and Logan A LOT, which is common in large families, the oldest children take on a lot of household/caregiving duties because there are just more bodies to care for. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 7

Christine was a good mother and caregiver but she leaned on Asypn and Logan A LOT, which is common in large families, the oldest children take on a lot of household/caregiving duties because there are just more bodies to care for. 

Particularly when there is an absentee father...

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

Started season 13 last night …  so we got more proof kootie’s business dealings are sketchy as hell.  At first he says they completed the project and made money.  Then they cancelled the project and just got their investment back ?  And the project was what was ringing my sketch meter.      So according to what was being said in the library meeting when meri was being told they didn’t have the money to give her that all family businesses had to show a business plan and show how it would profit.   So did kootie and Brian give a business plan to get the Loan from the   Family?   I’m guessing   Not     Did Robyn  Repay her loans for her business ????  Again no.   
now this is where I was mostly in meris corner during this … because kootie is NOT a good business man they didn’t have the money to lend meri.  Yet they kept saying well what if we were investors?   HOW ?  You have been saying for who knows how long that meeting actually was that the money doesn’t exist.   So meri having a deadline to come up with the money goes into I have to figure this out mode , and they start attacking her.   If the family doesn’t have the money , the. Yes she needs to get to figuring out how to get it !   Plus I think kootie was mad that meri had already made 40,000 dollars that he didn’t have access to .  It baffles me that they were hesitating on a business that seemed to be making some money , but they jump into an ugly jewelry company   And back any of kootie’s endeavors.   

• Like 7
  • Applause 3

TLC apparently doesn't want them to discuss their other ventures on the show because of the sensitivity and controversy that surrounds MLMs and Kody's gun business. (Or turn the show in one long commercial for Liv or Plexus) That may explain the shady and sketchy conversations about it. 

And I do understand the family's attitude and unwillingness to help Meri out. She wanted a bunch of cash but really didn't have a decent business plan in place. She couldn't even answer a simple question like how she'd run an inn hundreds of miles away while living in Vegas. 

And then there was the matter of Meri wanting the family cash for the inn while denying the family any involvement or insight into her business. I can see how that rubbed them the wrong way. It was family money she'd be using after all. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, LilyD said:

And then there was the matter of Meri wanting the family cash for the inn while denying the family any involvement or insight into her business.

Meri wanted a loan, not business partners.

• Like 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Meri wanted a loan, not business partners.

Especially not Brian & Kootie, who started out hopeful that they'd made a significant profit only to find out by the end of their phone conversation that after expenses, the profit was $0, sort of like Robyn's hobby. That's why the IRS won't allow deductions from hobbies that only earn enough to cover expenses (netting $0 in taxes) for three straight years.  

Edited by Denize
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5
On 2/13/2022 at 1:55 AM, Pooky said:

This family is full of it. For years they have led us to believe they are this wholesome loving family where love should be multiplied not divided and it feels like we shudda been together forever and I wanted the family not just Kody... blah blah blah. Well  you are all full of it and here are some of my  reasons why.. based on the last season alone.

Kody says Robyn in compliant etc on following the rules but in actual fact there is a scene in the early days of Covid where Sobyn states when questioned from Janelle about the family spending time together...'this has freaked me out me and the kids and me are self isolating.. so the rules were her idea..  of course she is compliant.

Kody says is it ok if Meri helps out she has been compliant to the rules (at the family three pit bbq.. ) Robyn says I'm not sure.. Kody ' I guess we shouldnt change the protocol now'... so it wasn't Kody in actual fact stopping them catching up.

Any other examples?

I agree with you, I've always known Robyn is the one that controls Kody. It's astounding to me that anyone would believe that she's under his control and does whatever he says. It's the other way around. He's the compliant one!! Those Covid rules were hers and her and Kody always tell the other wives that it's him making up all the rules so that nobody will get mad at Robyn or have a problem with her. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Now everytime I see a daughter’s wedding episode , robyn angers me.  She got a big wedding   So she doesn’t get to say anything when the other wives talk about their weddings to kootie 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
54 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Now everytime I see a daughter’s wedding episode , probyn angers me.  She got a big wedding   So she doesn’t get to say anything when the other wives talk about their weddings to kootie 

Robyn doesn’t like to hear about anything that happened before she came along.

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 1
On 3/7/2023 at 10:31 PM, BnJJ said:

Speaking of wedding dresses, does anyone know why Janelle wore black?  At first I thought it might be an AUB thing due to her being divorced but Robyn wore white.

I had always thought her dress was dark green. I didn't even realize it was black until you mentioned it.

Gos kootie is exasperating.   Watching where they go for aspyn’s cake tasting and taking 7 cars to flagstaff   Aspyn just wanted to include them.   Not necessarily have tiger input.   I mean she did ask opinions but you know what I mean ( I hope ).    And poor gabe was just gutted     Also I can’t define it , but something about realtor Shelbi really gets on the nerves 

• Like 1

Shelbi did caution them about rodent hazard but they bought anyhow.

Most people would have been scooping their kids up and hightailing it out of there.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Most people would have been scooping their kids up and hightailing it out of there.

especially the chicken tenders playing in the dirt

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

So he decides yes let’s buy it all 

• Like 3

Watched Aspyn and Mitch’s wedding last night.  It was beautiful. When they mentioned Garrison got to be there , it was a bit of a gut punch.  And kootie head actually explaining to truly what he was going to do to her hair ??  Wow.  Actuall parenting???   Now when he said she can get mean when she doesn’t eat well I did immediately think , who does this sound like ???    Again whoever in life told kootie he could dance need to be tried for a crime     And ari chucking her basket of the way down the aisle.   I can understand.  I was flower girl and my mom and step dads wedding.  Didn’t want.   Didnt throw a petal.  My hand was frozen in that basket.   Don’t put little menu front of people !!!

• Like 1

I was surprised to see rerun episodes in early morning hours today.  I didn’t realize any shows were being aired since Garrison’s death.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was surprised to see rerun episodes in early morning hours today.  I didn’t realize any shows were being aired since Garrison’s death.  

TLC is all about the money.  They will broadcast as long as people watch and vendors will pay for commercials, tragedies notwithstanding.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2

Watched the episode where Kody was talking to the drafts person about the one house drawing for flagstaff.    Robyn got the most square footage.  Even though she doesn’t have the most children.  And Christine’s talk with Aspyn.  She went through a lot of emotions.   Cause aspyn kept pushing why ?  And why there?   And Robyn unable to read her letter that was in the time capsule.     And wouldn’t it be nice if someone in the family had some sort of device that you could tell someone you had pictures to find the time capsule and just hold up a moment.   If only something like that existed 

• Like 5
On 4/3/2023 at 2:16 PM, dariafan said:

Season 11 ep 2. To keep in line with surviving sister wives.     Who is this kootie and what happened to him ?  He was reasonable.  ( the talking heads dealing with Leon   The Mykelty and Tony stuff he was still a mess ). 

He was pandering to a target, protected population. Nothing more

• Like 3
On 3/15/2023 at 9:23 AM, laurakaye said:

Truth - but who would want to hang a painting in their living room so they can look at it every day and recall that time when their sister wife almost ran away with a banana?  Typical Meri - "here's a semi-heartfelt token of my non-apology for being scammed by a catfish, even though everyone warned me - now hang this pitchur above your mantel and forgive me completely, even though I never actually apologized."  

Because it gave him a "project' to do to appear busy so he didn't have to actually do anything constructive for hours.  He's extremely good at that.

"WHERE'S ALL MY HELP???!!!???"

• Like 3
(edited)

I'm watching the rerun snippets from the start of the show (I never saw the first 3 seasons) that were on Sept 5th & are being shown again on Sept 12th. Meri's 20th wedding anniversary was pretty depressing. Kody chose to tell the cameraperson that their marriage had its ups and downs. How romantic! It is true with most marriages, but you don't need to mention it to the world on your anniversary.

Edited by Denize
  • Like 6

If you watch those early episodes now, having seen the future, you can see some of the tiny zings he flung out at the OGs. Like the one @Denize mentioned. The "I picked out the wedding dress" one was really about the most egregious one, just to hurt the other wives...and we saw clearly that it did. Robyn was not quite as good at her control of him that early on. She said in her couch interview "I told him not to tell them that..." Pretending she didn't want to hurt the OG. She was already at work on the evil plot!

• Like 2
  • Angry 2
  • Love 1