Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E04: Cistern Wives

Pallas
  • Start Topic

On 12/16/2021 at 1:30 AM, LilyD said:

I'd be nervous with Robyn as a mom! I'm absolutely sure she means well but she is the type of mom that keeps hovering over her kids, paving the way, forbidding any action that might possibly lead to a tear or graze (basically like my stepmom). I think she's fiercely protective of her kids; a typical curling mom as they are appropriately called.

But in doing so, curling parents deny their kids the chance to learn from mistakes, to learn from interacting with others and to learn from disappointments. How on earth are you going to become a well-balanced strong adult if you cannot learn through own experiences, whether good or bad?

You're absolutely right.  A little struggle and risk taking gives kids resilience and the ability to keep going, even after "failures."  Robin smothers her kids in overprotectiveness, which has caused at least a few of them to have anxiety.  I'm picturing the parenting style of Christine, who raised most of the kids, as warm, fun and open to more adventure.  Such a contrast of the two styles.

• Love 13
On 12/13/2021 at 10:39 AM, Awfarmington said:

I have to wonder if Janelle has a grand plan of adding fish to the ‘pond’ since fishing seems to be her only hobby. I know it’s totally unrealistic since it doesn’t stay filled but maybe she thinks she can truck in water. With no fishing as an option, I just can’t figure out her obsession. 

Kody wants this land for his own use some reason and  has bestowed the gatekeeper role to Janelle. 

• Love 3