Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E04: Cistern Wives

Pallas
  • Start Topic

On 12/14/2021 at 12:35 AM, MakingBacon said:

Kody and Sol together came off as a babysitter and his charge. 

They reminded me of the completely unconvincing father-daughter pairing in the Humira commercial (called "Missing")-- the one where we see a variety of scenes that include the little girl waiting outside her school and then the dad shows up across the street, and then they are shown doing things like being in the car, and walking down the street, and getting ice cream.  The dad seems like he is trying the whole time, trying to make it look like they've ever actually met before, trying to make it look like there is any type of relationship there. The little girl's eyes look joyless most of the time, and she seems like she is interacting with a stranger who is babysitting her for.  Yep, that fits with Kody!

On 12/14/2021 at 1:20 PM, laurakaye said:

I probably read way too much into stuff like this, but I kind of took it to mean that maybe when Ysabel was having some of her worst days, she cried for Kody to come over and support her and  - if he had no other options and wanted to get Christine off his back - he went.  Because I can totally see A. - Ysabel accepting minimal scraps from Kody as a positive form of affection because she knows nothing else, and B. - Kody wanting to play hero to Ysabel once in awhile, if he wasn't doing anything else, and knowing that if he swooped in on her worst days, he could affirm that yes, he was there for her.  

I completely agree.  I can't figure any other way that it makes sense for her to have said it, and for there to have been any shred of accuracy for something Kody would have actually done.

• Love 15
On 12/14/2021 at 8:45 AM, Elizzikra said:

Among other issues, that would stink.

I hated the way he was "handling" Sol. I thought he was so rough with him. I half expected him to push Sol into the hole.

I got the idea they don’t do much together and that moment was for the show!

Kody is a huge Show boat!  Sol is young but see’s right through Kody. All show!

• Love 16
On 12/14/2021 at 11:58 AM, Sasha888 said:

He even grabbed his head and turned it when he was telling Solomon "look, look, here it comes!" about the truck delivering the cistern.

I think anybody who grabs my head to force my face in a certain direction is going to get an elbow to the ribcage.

This whole interaction was weird. I felt really sorry for Solomon. He's what, 8 or 9 at the time this is filmed? He's a little boy, he doesn't give a rat's fat ass about the giant tank, or Kody's super terrific hole in the ground, unless Scooby Doo and the gang are at the bottom of it.

There was a scene last season of Solomon and Kody getting stuff ready to take to the landfill, and that interaction was not like this at all. I hope most of the time, it's like that, because this scene was just all kinds of strange.

That was weird. That’s was the oddest behavior…..too s******, hyped, inappropriate…..even Solomon was embarrassed for the way Kody was acting.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

I'd be nervous with Robyn as a mom! I'm absolutely sure she means well but she is the type of mom that keeps hovering over her kids, paving the way, forbidding any action that might possibly lead to a tear or graze (basically like my stepmom). I think she's fiercely protective of her kids; a typical curling mom as they are appropriately called.

But in doing so, curling parents deny their kids the chance to learn from mistakes, to learn from interacting with others and to learn from disappointments. How on earth are you going to become a well-balanced strong adult if you cannot learn through own experiences, whether good or bad?

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I feel like Kody is desperate for Sol to be his favorite child, but he's not living up to expectations. He wants him to be an extrovert and aggressive, a chip off the old block. He's probably got plans for him to get into wrestling. And that's just not what this kid is. Not now, anyway. He seems insecure and nervous, like most of Robyn's kids.

Growing up with a mom like Robyn will do that to a kid. Poor Sol.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Have Robyn's three oldest children made an appearance this season? I can't remember. And what do they do, school or work or just hand out with Robyn and Kody in the million $ home? 

They "stole the show" on the last episode when Christine revealed Mykelti/Tony's birth announcement.  Their joyful exuberance was over the top and seemed odd considering I have never noted a strong connection between Mykelti and Robyn's family. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Have Robyn's three oldest children made an appearance this season? I can't remember. And what do they do, school or work or just hand out with Robyn and Kody in the million $ home? 

Expand  

They "stole the show" on the last episode when Christine revealed Mykelti/Tony's birth announcement.  Their joyful exuberance was over the top and seemed odd considering I have never noted a strong connection between Mykelti and Robyn's family. 

I remember one scene when two of Janelle's sons came home for a family get together and Aurora and Breanna were the first ones to greet them at the door. They were so over the top, screeching and almost running over them. It seemed so fake. 

• Love 24
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Dayton has been on this season as well, briefly. He was shown at the cookout. The scene that was shown was that he was standing near Janelle's picnic table talking to Garrison, and was reminded by Janelle that he was "too close". (I normally don't mind Janelle, but I thought this was blatant Robyn butt-kissing.)

What do they do? Good question. What does Robyn allow them to do these days. 

• Love 13

So the pond/drainage ditch. 
I imagine as the water sits there over time, the bacteria load in it multiplies at a great rate.  It’s certainly not fresh water at all. 
I wouldn’t want any of my friends or family in that water.  
There is a lake in my hometown that’s stagnant.  No one is allowed to swim in it anymore….2 kids got brain eating bacteria a few years ago from swimming in it. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I feel like Kody is desperate for Sol to be his favorite child, but he's not living up to expectations. He wants him to be an extrovert and aggressive, a chip off the old block. He's probably got plans for him to get into wrestling. And that's just not what this kid is. Not now, anyway. He seems insecure and nervous, like most of Robyn's kids.

Last season Kody looked like he wanted to disown Sol when he cried after he wasn't allowed to play with Truely and was pulled back inside the house. Kootie's last male child, Gabe, wants nothing to do with his sperm donor.  Sol is lucky that Robyn won't let him go to Janelle's garage to lift weights next to "Size Matters" boxes listening to "Patch-a-bell".

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Sol is lucky that Robyn won't let him go to Janelle's garage to lift weights next to "Size Matters" boxes listening to "Patch-a-bell".

I was unreasonably offended last week that the laws of the Universe allow Kody to listen to the music of decent people.

Kody should be forced to listen to clown music 24/7.

ETA  - LOL, @laurakaye! We had the same thought at the same time!!! 🤣

Edited by Sasha888
  • LOL 17
56 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Or Keith What'shisface Mary was so into years ago.  

Ha!  I remember the episode where Kootie and Meri seemed to still act married, and she had Kootie straighten his hair to look like Keith Urban.  Did.  Not.  Work.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Yakety Sax should automatically play every time Kootie is on screen. I was playing it in my mind soon after their escape to Vegas when Kootie was driving & running from house to house, forgetting socks here, tighty whiteys there, etc., like a chicken with its head cut off, not really giving any of his first families any real attention.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Yakety Sax should automatically play every time Kootie is on screen.

Absolutely! 

If TLC won't pay the royalties to make this happen, then they should pay a composer to write a new song called "Hyper Headless Chicken". And it better sound silly.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I sometimes think about how “other” those kids likely feel within this shitshow. Imagine acquiring 13 step sibs and a new dad and 3 stepmoms all at once. I can’t see any easy path for them to feel a natural part of this “family,” considering its dysfunction 

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I sometimes think about how “other” those kids likely feel within this shitshow. Imagine acquiring 13 step sibs and a new dad and 3 stepmoms all at once. I can’t see any easy path for them to feel a natural part of this “family,” considering its dysfunction 

Also at that same time, their mother put them on a tv show.

And to help her kids adjust and fit in, she told those 13 step kids to stay out of her fridge.

(I'll be the first to admit I don't want people in my fridge, but I also don't marry dudes with 13 kids....)

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

Also at that same time, their mother put them on a tv show.

And to help her kids adjust and fit in, she told those 13 step kids to stay out of her fridge.

(I'll be the first to admit I don't want people in my fridge, but I also don't marry dudes with 13 kids....)

Also, their mother went on TV on gave a talk about how their bio father stole her “cookie.” Also, trashed talked him when she was trying to get them adopted by Kody. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

What do they do? Good question. What does Robyn allow them to do these days. 

The youngest two should be in school - either regular school or homeschool. But they are both old enough to be in elementary school. I thought the youngest of the older children was also high school age? The oldest two - who knows? I'm assuming the girl (can't remember her name) has childcare responsibilities for the younger kids but I think Dayton just does what he wants to do.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I just realized that they've only done individual talking heads so far, no group ones. That's different. I can't remember, did they do any group ones last season?

Thank you for pointing that out, I hadn't thought of it.  Is it Robyn's (BS) Covid rules that have them all separate for the couch chats?  Hmmm.

She's such a phony.

• Love 8

When Kody, Janelle, and Solomon were watching the water tank, I noticed there was no interaction between Janelle and Solomon. They were like strangers, yet Janelle continues to claim a bond with every Brown child. Its so fake. Solomon didn't even look at his "sister mom".

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Sol strikes me as a sweet, quiet, sensitive boy who is either uncomfortable around the cameras, uncomfortable around his dad, or some combination of both. I can only imagine how confusing it must be for him to be isolated from other family members, such as Truely,  but at the same time have all these production people underfoot, filming every damn thing this boring family does. Nice sense of priorities, Brown Klowns.

• Love 17
23 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

And she had that creepy painting done of the kids when they were younger surrounding Kody - something that never happened.  It's like she thinks she can rewrite history because they "shoulda all been together ". What a mindf*ck.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Thank you for pointing that out, I hadn't thought of it.  Is it Robyn's (BS) Covid rules that have them all separate for the couch chats?  Hmmm.

She's such a phony.

Or maybe they can be more honest if no one else is sitting at their elbow. Christine seems so.  

5 hours ago, yankeefan said:

And she had that creepy painting done of the kids when they were younger surrounding Kody - something that never happened.  It's like she thinks she can rewrite history because they "shoulda all been together ". What a mindf*ck.

There’s an episode of Dateline in which the killer was a woman doing her man’s budding in killing his wife. She wanted him and his kids. And before murdering their mom, they all went out and had a “family” Christmas photo made with dad, killer, and kids. Guess what I thought I’d. Not trying to say I think Robyn’s a killer but it seemed equally odd. 

• Useful 3

Finally watched this eppie, which was chock full of mocking themselves and their fanbase alike.

A psychologist would have a field day reflecting on Meri and her bananarama moments in the kitchen.  Trying to come off as gently mocking her past but it was just sad and I must say, beneath her.  I don't blame Mariah for this scene because she's her father's daughter and therefore she's an azz, but Audrey has more class she should've stopped the taping of that ill thought out vignette.  Just awful.

Meri and Janelle, who are they gaslighting more, themselves or their audience?  There is no community, never has been and never will be.  

What Kootie did to Sol was abominable.  Sol is almost at the age of enlightenment, where he sadly figures out his dad is only about mature enough to get along with babies and toddlers.  If any proof is required, please see Ysabel.

FOR Ysabel, I say this to you, honey.  Not all men are azzes.  I dearly hope you find a good one and live a happy, fulfilled life.

Community, indeed. Robyn and Kootie at VS says it all.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, HelloOutThere said:

Mariah’s “styling” during the cooking scene with Meri made her look old enough to be Meri’s sister. Or her mother. 

Yeah. She certainly doesn’t appear to be living the plant-based yoga lifestyle she once bragged about living. 

#Bali! 
#Bali!
#Bali!

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Kellyee said:

When Kody, Janelle, and Solomon were watching the water tank, I noticed there was no interaction between Janelle and Solomon. They were like strangers, yet Janelle continues to claim a bond with every Brown child. Its so fake. Solomon didn't even look at his "sister mom".

True but they also could have been filming for hours at that point and Sol was just done…

• Useful 3
On 12/14/2021 at 11:58 AM, Sasha888 said:

He even grabbed his head and turned it when he was telling Solomon "look, look, here it comes!" about the truck delivering the cistern.

Like you would to a five year old when Santa's sleigh is coming down the parade route

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 12/17/2021 at 9:38 AM, Elizzikra said:

The youngest two should be in school - either regular school or homeschool. But they are both old enough to be in elementary school. I thought the youngest of the older children was also high school age? The oldest two - who knows? I'm assuming the girl (can't remember her name) has childcare responsibilities for the younger kids but I think Dayton just does what he wants to do.

So Dayton’s basically following in Kody’s footsteps? 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/18/2021 at 6:44 PM, readheaded said:

So Dayton’s basically following in Kody’s footsteps? 😂

Somehow I doubt Dayton will ever be able to find one, let alone four wives…..

Then again even Kody managed to ensnare 4 women silly enough to commit themselves to him….🤔

• Love 6