Type keyword(s) to search

World Wide Web: Media for That '90s Show

• Start Topic

I really wish they would have had

Spoiler

Jackie not end up with Kelso. But I also disagree that she should be with Fez.  Jackie was going places and outgrew her high school group.  That doesn't mean they couldn't still be friends but she was going places.

Part of that trailer feels like a Nickelodeon Show.  And part of that teaser really works.

15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Hide contents

Jackie not end up with Kelso. But I also disagree that she should be with Fez.  Jackie was going places and outgrew her high school group.  That doesn't mean they couldn't still be friends but she was going places.

Part of that trailer feels like a Nickelodeon Show.  And part of that teaser really works.

Spoiler

I agree but I can't say I'm surprised. I rarely expect TV characters to be with someone new, even if more realistic, because they want to cater to who audiences are already invested in. Fans hated Jackie/Fez, Jackie/Hyde were popular but aren't an option for... reasons (it kills me because I loved them but they're tainted for me now), so Jackie/Kelso it is. They have a history and, granted, actors aren't the characters but I can't imagine Ashton/Mila not being a selling point.

• Love 1
On 11/29/2022 at 9:04 PM, Irlandesa said:

Hide contents

Yeah it's very Nickelodeon and tween focused while the 70s show had a broader demographic appeal through its humor, nostalgia and the  the characters. I think it'll skew too young for me.

Spoiler

@WinterRose expressed my thoughts exactly with respect to the Jackie ships. I agree that Jackie would have outgrown the group even she hadn't gotten back together with Hyde. Actually both Jackie and Donna didn't seem like they would have stayed. I never loved Donna much but I find it hard to believe she would have had a kid with Eric so early.

The only good thing for me is that Kurt and Debra are returning. While I probably won't watch it, I'm glad they can keep on working. I hope they are enjoying being on a sitcom again.

• Love 1
On 12/1/2022 at 6:21 PM, Athena said:
  Hide contents

@WinterRose expressed my thoughts exactly with respect to the Jackie ships. I agree that Jackie would have outgrown the group even she hadn't gotten back together with Hyde. Actually both Jackie and Donna didn't seem like they would have stayed. I never loved Donna much but I find it hard to believe she would have had a kid with Eric so early.

The only good thing for me is that Kurt and Debra are returning. While I probably won't watch it, I'm glad they can keep on working. I hope they are enjoying being on a sitcom again.

Spoiler

Nor do I believe Donna would agree to name her daughter after a character Eric shamelessly lusted after. I could maybe see it if they had a son named Luke, common enough that it doesn't have to be from Star Wars, even though it would be, but not a daughter named Leia. Not to mention, Eric never struck me as someone who would've handled either Han/Leia or Luke and Leia being siblings very well.

I was a 90s kid but I have a feeling I'm probably not the target audience for this either. I agree, I'm just happy for Kurt and Debra, I'm sure they'll be great.

• Like 1
On 12/23/2022 at 10:16 PM, WhitneyWhit said:

Has it been confirmed how old Leia is supposed to be? One scene shows them driving so if these kids are 16 and the show is set in 1995 that means Laurie was pregnant when the show ended and we know she wasn’t. 

Spoiler

During the 1st season Leia turns 15. 

It's pretty common for teenagers to have friends a year younger or a year older. Also, Gwen and Nate are siblings pretty close in age, so even if Leia is 

Spoiler

too young to drive legally

some of her new friends might very well be old enough to have a driver's license.