Type keyword(s) to search

TSLOCG in the Media

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've read on other sites that there are rumors he's hard to work with. I don't know if it's the truth but I can believe it if they're getting rid of him after the first season.  They did pretty much ruin him as a potential love interest but I don't think that'd be enough for him to get the boot.

• Useful 1

No! She's the best character. 

Page Six has more details:

Another insider insisted there were no issues — ego-driven or otherwise — between Rapp and Kaling themselves, but confirmed that Rapp, who plays openly gay student Leighton Murray on the hit series, announced a big music tour without getting permission from her show boss.

“Renée wanted to leave the show to tour and they’re currently working out the best creative solution for her departure, but she announced the tour without having clearance from the show,” says the insider.

Kaling, 44, who currently has another hit on her hands with the huge success of Netflix teen show “Never Have I Ever,” doesn’t want Rapp to leave, according to sources, as it will break up the core four characters, played by Pauline Chalamet (actor Timothée’s sister), Amrit Kaur and Alyah Chanelle Scott.

We’re told that Rapp has said she’s willing to film scenes to make her exit seamless as opposed to just vanishing, but Kaling is trying to get her to stay more permanently.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1